The SACramento Region Exotic Driver's (SACRED) Group Thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The SACramento Region Exotic Driver's (SACRED) Group Thread

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by SillyPuppy, Jan 6, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferra355

ferra355 Karting

Apr 28, 2004
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Count me Orrie I'll bring my son Angelo to try and do some video from car i wish I had it last drive to the Delta. Also a quick note I hope everyone coming drives considerate and safe as I'm sure we will all bring our spirited attitudes and very spirited cars!

Fast times and Fine wines guys!

Jim A.

2. 4RE886

4RE886 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Have fun fellas!

3. F1.360.LOVER

F1.360.LOVER Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nate
    For those of you who missed this drive. You blew it. It was a blast. The most fun I've had with my car since I bought it. The sun came out just in time for lunch.

4. drpetril

drpetril Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Reno NV and N. CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Very fun Drive! Pretty decent turnout as well.

5. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Thank you, gentlemen, for the very kind words, and positive reviews of today's drive. I've posted my photos and a couple videos to Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58915585@N02/sets/72157625933855698/

We'll do it again on Feb. 26th, weather permitting! Just wait until spring and summer - oh, the roads we'll do!

Oh, and a note to self - don't try keeping up with Jon on Jackson Highway. He can pass a LOT more cars, a LOT faster than I can. :D

Orrie

6. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Today really confirmed how fortunate we are to have so many great, smooth foothill roads to drive and terrific wineries to land at. Many thanks to Orrie for putting it together. Well done and much appreciated. Highly recommended if you have an exotic. Looking forward to next month.

Dave B

7. PinoyP

PinoyP Formula 3

Aug 7, 2006
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    AL
    Great pics! Looks like a fun meet/drive :) Thanks for sharing.

8. Ninpo4me

Ninpo4me Karting

Jul 5, 2009
    Auburn CA
    Full Name:
    Pierre
    That was a great drive! Thanks for putting together such a great route! Looking forward to next months.

cant wait to see all the pics post'em if you got'em

9. drpetril

drpetril Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Reno NV and N. CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I believe Jim's son also took some video of the run. Would like to see that as well.

10. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    It was the Redwood Empire Mini Enthusiasts on "Rob and Jeff's Birthday Run" that did a respectable job of staying with us on Fiddletown Road. Tip of the hat to the Mini's.

Dave B.

11. F1.360.LOVER

Dec 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Yes, that was fun leading those "mini's" on part of the drive. They had a little trouble keeping up on the straight aways. ;~}

12. captwillieb 328gts

captwillieb 328gts Formula 3

Nov 8, 2008
    Cool, CA
    Full Name:
    Willie B
    Sorry to have missed out..... couldn't get all of the to-do list in before returning to the ship, but hope to be back in time for the March drive.... !! Enjoy the roads....!!
    Sounds like a great job by the Pup !!

13. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    #38 jm3, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Before we fall off the bottom of the NorCal/NorNev screen, I wanted to start getting the list going for the drive on 2/26 (weather permitting!). We'll meet at our usual place (I'll be there at 7:30), and leave for our drive at 8AM sharp (to avoid the slow drivers and get everyone home by noon or so).

The roads we'll use are nice and clear, and I'm working on scheduling a lunch in the Placerville area - I welcome suggestions on where we should go, if you know of place that would work for us.

Also, please reach out to your friends in other exotic marques - Lambo, Lotus, Aston, Bentley, plus other supercar owners in the area (R8, CGT, Ford GT, Z8, 8C...), tell them we're going to go out for a little fun, and that they are welcome to join us.

Okay, on to the list.

SACRED Drive #2: Feb. 26, 2011
    1. SillyPuppy

15. F1.360.LOVER

Dec 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nate
    I'm not going to be able to make this one. I'm working nights the night before. Hope you guys have a fun and safe drive. Had to take the 360 out for a run today with the beautiful weather we're having. All is well now.

16. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    We'll miss you, Nate, but don't worry - the drives are only gonna get better as Spring and Summer get here (and the higher-elevation roads become open to us).

Glad you took the car out today - I got to trim the rose bushes in front of the house instead. Aren't YOU jealous? :D

17. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3

18. captwillieb 328gts

captwillieb 328gts Formula 3

Nov 8, 2008
    Cool, CA
    Full Name:
    Willie B
    #43 captwillieb 328gts, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm in.

Dave

20. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3

Eileen Javora says Sunday may be a better day....

http://www.kcra.com/video-cast/26964711/detail.html

21. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Perhaps so, but that would mean skipping the monthly European car event, the one being held at the Auto Museum this time 'round.

I'd be willing to move the drive to Sunday, if that works better for everyone, including Mother Nature... Thoughts, locals?

So far, still just the three of us, brunch likely in Folsom on the way back... Nothing overly special planned for that part...

Orrie

22. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    #47 SillyPuppy, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
    Another thought I had at lunch - we could meet at ES*nday, with the intent of leaving by 8:30 (picking up any other exotics who want to come with us), and do some of the levy roads near where we did the Delta Dash stuff last month, with an added "racetrack" loop and small, special road that I've been saving for us. That road will be great to take some photos and videos on.

What's nice, is I can't usually get us to that western part of the Sac area from our usual meeting point, so it's a chance to do those roads...

Totally up to you guys! I'm up for just about anything... once. ;)

Orrie

23. LarryStiver

LarryStiver Karting

Mar 15, 2006
    Elk Grove
    Full Name:
    Larry Stiver
    Orrie,

Just heard bout that racetrack too! Taking off from ES and down the Delta is an easy transition. I would recommend the ferry crossing but that ramp is too steep for me and my front end...shame it's a great photo op!! Lunch at Shorty's in the Delta is supposed to be pretty good...Al The Wop's, Giusti's, the Ryde Hotel, and Tony's Place also all fun to stop at. That'll be a fun ride!

24. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Thanks, Larry! If you could give me a call on my cell (yes, I'd actually ANSWER my cell phone!) sometime this afternoon, I just want to ask a quick question. I'll leave my number, in case you don't have it, in your PM box here.

Orrie

25. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    Good idea. Still gonna be cold, but not as bad as 1000 feet up the hill.