Difference between GT & GTC models? 430, 458, etc. | FerrariChat

Difference between GT & GTC models? 430, 458, etc.

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by FerrariMC, Jan 28, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariMC

FerrariMC Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2006
    Allentown, PA Area
    Full Name:
    Mark C
    Up until recently, I believed that every 430GT car used in ALMS, LMS, GT2, etc, were all GTC models (ie. the Risi 430GT2), I did not believe that there was a differentiatiion between a GT & GTC. I was reading Cavallino the other day and noticed that they had GTC & GT cars listed as separate models within classifications. Furthermore, I noticed that the serial numbers for the GTC models began with a 26, while the GT models began with a 24. Does anyone know the specific differrences between the GT & GTC models? This is always a great place to bring my questions and I thank everyone for their input. Grazie mille.

Mark

2. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Cannot say for sure, or exhaustively, but there are usually aerodynamic differences (check the rear wings, for example, inboard v. outboard posts) and drivetrain differences (often). If you compare the GrandAm package to the ALMS, there's an X-Trac in the ALMS, but the standard paddle shift in the GrandAm. At least on the 360 model. I'm wagering there's also a difference in the brakes (steel v. carbon) and air restrictors (size of intake...also requires re-working and optimizing the cams). There may also have been differences in wheel size and tires. But, for the most part, I think you're looking that the same motor, chassis and body.

CW

3. mat

mat Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2006
    Warsaw/Lodz, Poland
    Full Name:
    Mateusz
    in 360 GT and GTC were two different cars which came successively - GT was based on Modena and GTC was based on Challenge Stradale. i don't know how it is with F430 as there was a GTC from the very beginning. Competition version of 458 Italia published only a couple of days back is named GT.

4. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Interesting, if true. Thanks.

CW