Maserati Quattroporte TPS sensors | FerrariChat

Maserati Quattroporte TPS sensors

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by tiara4300, Feb 7, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tiara4300

tiara4300 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2005
    miami ,fl.
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I know this isn't "Maserati Chat" but , I have a 2006 Quattroporte and the matrix says TPS not responding and the tire pressure light stays on. I have tried resetting it through the car and left the battery disconnected for an hour. Just did new tires and sensors looked Ok, any ideas?

2. Challengehauler

Challengehauler Formula 3

Jul 28, 2008
    NE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    DB
    TPMS ECU. You had the wheel sensors replaced? The only other target would be the ECU then. When the car left the shop was the system working?

3. tiara4300

tiara4300 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2005
    miami ,fl.
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Car came to me with light on, customer said dealer couldn't (or wouldn't under warranty) figure it out. We got the car to recognize the sensors. When we drive the car and try to get into the config mode nothing happens.

4. Challengehauler

Jul 28, 2008
    NE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    DB
    Did you perform the calibration? It will not display anything until the car is driven in calibration mode for a couple of miles at or above 30 mph.

5. tiara4300

tiara4300 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2005
    miami ,fl.
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Maybe I didn't drive long enough for the calibration, I'll try ity again in the morning. Thanks very much for your suggestions

6. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

Maserati's are not self calibrating like the Ferrari's (after 2007). You will need to program ECU with SD3 or Maserati Diagnosi

7. Challengehauler

Jul 28, 2008
    NE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    DB
    The only programming that would need to be done is if you get new sensors. The I'd tags will have to be input for each corner if the ecu doesn't automatically pick them up.

Other than that, pressing the calibration button and holding it until the dash tells you it is in calibration is it. Drive for a bit at or above 30 mph. Then the dash will show you the corner pressures. If it is not picking anything up you can't even get the tpms display to show up.

8. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    Based on the age you are due for new sensors. The original sensors are good for abought 5 years as the batteries fail. Replacement units should last roughly 7. Good luck.