Last movie you saw | Page 60 | FerrariChat

Last movie you saw

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PrettyBoy, Jun 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 355Luver

355Luver Karting

Dec 8, 2006
    same state as Gotham
    Full Name:
    ECJ
    HI all,

I liked the ending, it was way different then u thought it would be!! All around good popcorn flick!!

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I started watching Dexter 2 weeks ago. First 2 seasons were good. The 3rd seems to be very slow...

3. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    SALT - It was Ooooooo-Kaaaaaa.

Reminded me of that old Costner film with him turning out at the end to be a Soviet mole. That one was better.

SALT was predictable due to Kostner's flick. Not enough new ground broken.

4. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #1479 Mark(study), Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
    The 4th season is fantastic! (John Lithgow won the Golden Globe for co-star in 4th season. He did an amazing job!).

Just finished watching the 5th season and it was a little slow like the 3rd.

5. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    No Way Out. IIRC Roger Ebert back then called it the best movie of 1987. Agreed, much better movie than Salt, but less and action movie and more a mystery.

When the russians found him and we learn that he really was "Yuri", it is a definite WTF moment.

6. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    RED

Kinda Funny!

7. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Its to late now, but tomorrow I'm going to be watching Old Boy. Highly recommended by my roommate and it looks really good and very interesting.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLn1y9v6yno[/ame]

8. kali

kali Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2007
    Full Name:
    Elle
    Old boys is absolutely amazing, but also absolutely disturbing. Get ready to be weird-ed out afterwards.

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The devil

Surprisingly different.

10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    True Grit : True yawn...Nothing happens for the first 80 mns..and that movie needs subtitles.

11. pawlie

pawlie Formula Junior

May 10, 2006
    Philly, USA
    Full Name:
    Paul F.
    I completely agree...I expected a lot more after No Country For Old Men.

12. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    True Grit is an elegantly done movie. If you want excessive gore, lots of explosions or rotating rooms its not the right movie for you. If you want excellent character development and great acting it is.

13. Emil

Emil Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Solihull
    Full Name:
    Emil Ahmed
    In the last week i've seen Black Swan & The Fighter,both excellent films and worthy of what the actor's have won awards for
    also watched Inception on blue ray again 2 day's back,such an awesome film which keeps making you think this and that!

14. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Just (last night) watched the DVD of "We the Living", the film re-edited and subtitled from "Noi Vivi" and "Addio Kira".

Not bad, considering they were made during WWII in Italy, and were re-edited 30 or so years later.

Pretty much faithful to the book, but didn't quite get the sharp edge of the big confrontation scene between Kira and Andrei.

Not quite as edgy as the novel, but still a pretty good film.

A lot better than the Superbowl halftime, I suspect. :p

15. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - the final installation of the trilogy. Excellent.

Put all three in your queue you won't be disappointed.

The Jonses - couldn't wait for it to end.

16. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    #1491 tundraphile, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
    SPOILERS

Machete. 1/10. Horrible movie.

Rarely, if ever, can I recall a movie that misses the mark on its intended message by such a wide margin as Machete. It is not just a bad movie, it is patently offensive as it fumbles through nearly two hours of stereotypes and racism. Some would say this is impossible because the director's last name is Rodriguez. I don't think it was intended to be this way. This only goes to show how poorly Machete is presented.

Start with the cast.

1) Michelle Rodriguez is her typical lugubrious self. She is not that good looking and simply cannot act. Every line sounds like she is reading a phone book. The voice on my car's navigation system is more engaging. Couldn't act in Fast and the Furious, couldn't in Avatar, and keeps her streak of zero ability going in this coat hanger abortion of a movie.

2) Steven Seagal. He is one of the villians. What favor had to be repaid that this clown is back in front of a camera. He can't act in his own accent, trying a Hispanic accent is hilarious in how bad it is.

3) Danny Trejo in the right part, is great. As the leading man of the movie not so much. Or not at all I should say. He is perfect for that one or two scene part where he is a supporting character.

4) Robert DiNero what were you thinking? I thought you either made great movies where you played a gangster, or cashed in on a comedy franchise with Ben Stiller. You are too good for this movie. Asking you to do a movie with Seagal is like having Luciano Pavarotti do a duet with David Lee Roth.

5) Jessica Alba as a hard hitting INS agent? Not believable. How many times do you think that character said "Agent Rivera, ICE" only to be answered with..."Oh that is so cute...I didn't realize it was take your daughter to work day...can I talk to your daddy?"

The Offensive script...
    The worst part of it is the stereotypical racist script. Trejo fights a guy while eating a burrito. Trejo sits down with the bad guy over shots of Cuervo. Mexicans killed in cartoon violence by one-dimensional caracitures rather than characters with good rifles and bad sideburns. It is the worst of all possibilities, it manages to be offensive to both Mexicans, white Americans, and everyone in between. There is no social commentary here, just more of Rodriguez’s typical terrible directing.

They also missed efforts at humor. Take the opening scene where the naked chick pulls an SD memory-card size phone out of the only place she can conceal one. Why not a walkie talkie or full size Blackberry? That would have been funnier if Trejo then gave her a WTF look at the same time.

In all, Machete could have been a decent movie if they had changed the cast, script, and director. As it is, it sucked.

17. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    The Good, The Bad, and They Ugly.

18. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    The Rite....

It's all about Hopkins, what can you say?

19. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    What did you think of that movie? It looks good.

20. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    +1

I doubt that I would have watched those three movies if I hadn't heard about them here. All three are quite good.

21. big.bryant

big.bryant Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2008
    Boulder, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bryant
    The Company Men...

Sad movie but a reality for quite a few people in the last few years...

Not bad, not great, not something a business major that's about to graduate likes to think about very much...

22. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Robin Hood (2010)
    Pretty good but not great movie. Obviously the start of a franchise. Reminds me a bit of the first Lord of the Rings, kind of slow but interesting.

23. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Saw Red. Not a bad movie. Pretty good in fact. Not on my top 10 list but a nice popcorn movie that's fun to watch.

24. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Although a bit predictable at times, it definitely had some intense moments...

25. big.bryant

big.bryant Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2008
    Boulder, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bryant
    I thought it wasn't too bad. Franchise? IIRC the ending didn't really leave room for a sequel...

Then again I watched it while waiting for family to come over for xmas dinner and don't remember all that clearly...