Roland Linder | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Roland Linder

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Roland E Linder, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    IIRC, he was buddy-buddy with AW and RL. A rectal remora, if you will.

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    From Wyoming???

Ok........

3. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Since some people can't read my last post, I will state again that my car was never reprensented like the real Mc Coy. It was writen in large in the Forza #45, so no other way to reprensent my car. This was well discribed in detail how she came about.
    In fact, on my original poster, it was said " F40 LM evolution". Case close!
    Regarding who build the car, I wrote and gave full credit to Castelhano and said that I had to take the car back " after they did a great job but suddenly dropped the ball"
    Maybe I should have been less polite and say that after finding some of my parts to be sold on E bay!!!! But I wanted to be a nice guy!
    The car went directly to FOD and Dave Helms, a friend and myself worked long days to get her to run and presentable.
    It took the dedications of many of my friends to finish the car; but again, all that is in the Forza #45.
    No one came to my school because of the Le Mans winner story, in fact, this was not even on the web site of the school. But yes, I raced at le Mans many times the 1000 Km and the 24hrs on bikes and was part of the Porsche team in 68 and 69 when we won the GT class.
    Now, take it the way you want it, the bottom line is that I have my dream car that I drive without any troubles because she was build properly. Who can say as much ??
    Call her what you want, it's your right, I keep calling her LM since this is America and I never try to sell the car misreprensenting her origine.
    Many were very happy to "promote" my car because she a crowd pleaser.You think that Penske took my car in his opening at the Wynnn not knowing that she wasn't a real LM?
    Everybody knew that she was an "after the fact" like I used to say!
    I made my peace, thanks to the many good people out there who saw no malice .
    I keep a profound souvenir from the joy I gave to the many who had the pleasure to ride in her.
    On the racing side, I did race many pro SCCA in a Porsche and won many enduro and got a NASA National license too.

Yes, I was taken BIG time by AW like many other, life goes on and I survived without crying.
    I wish you all, regardless your position, a safe journey
    Sincerely,
    Roland

4. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Is that David Castelhano that works at EMI in Charleston now?

5. Purple6.0vt

Purple6.0vt Rookie

Nov 2, 2010
    Charleston SC
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Yes, do you know him?

6. EMI-SC

EMI-SC Karting

Aug 2, 2008
    Full Name:
    Chris Felber
    I forgot about Aaron white what ever happened to him?

7. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Just from his posts in the NC/SC section. I remember him saying that he did the work on
    Roland's car. Let's have him chime in! Roland's had his say on the matter.

8. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    #133 Europeanroadandracing, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
    I don't know or care about the history of Roland's car. All I can say is that his car is gorgeous and he has always been a pleasure to talk too.
    What else matters? Life is too short and there is more to it than stupid cars.
    My livelihood depends on cars but nothing is as important as family and "real" friends.

Karl

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Karl, so lying is OK in your business and life?

yep, like AW and John Guthrie. :)

10. Europeanroadandracing

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    #135 Europeanroadandracing, Feb 10, 2011
    No. Lying is not Ok. Not in my business or personal life. I made a statement based on what I know for the brief time I have known Roland. No one is going to suck me into making a statement that I personally can not support.
    But if YOU are looking for liars, F chat has a few. May be you can find out who they are.

11. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Laying in this hospital bed after almost suffering a pulmonary embolism on Sunday, I can certainly agree with you. Not very big in the scheme of things!

12. Europeanroadandracing

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    I have no idea who these guys are nor do I care.

13. Europeanroadandracing

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm glad you are "OK". Makes all this seem somewhat childish, doesn't it.

14. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Take care & get better soon!

15. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Absolutely. Especially when there seems to be a lot of accusations being made from some
    very unscrupulous people. If we must talk about Roland's past, maybe we should spend some
    time on theirs. Let's be careful about throwing stones.

16. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Thanks Joe!

17. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Was this sarcasm? If not I think it is time to stand up and be a man. Rob, it is wrong to think that way and to lump his name in with those crooks. Unfortunately there is a den of thieves among us, and Karl is not one of them. This can be proven in court if required and it may well be if it keeps up. The people I am referring to are stupid, and stupid people can be dangerous. They say things that get around, and do things that can be documented. They leave a trail from their stupid acts, and should shut up and go away. In fact they are so stupid, I am afraid of what they might do.

To address the Roland issue, no we don't believe in lying, I can't justify what Roland said. Yes it looks like he said he was a two times LeMans winner and yes it looks like he was talking about as a driver when they did the commercial. We have always known that, but I still like the guy, although I cannot defend any form of purposeful misrepresentation from anyone. Yes Rob, if you are wrong, you are wrong, and a lie is always a lie. I can assure you that this is what Karl lives by, and I know this because I know Karl, his customers, and his business. As I said before, this is a very, very small room, a clean well lighted place-that tends to put a spotlight on all the cockroaches for all to see.

The bad people should be cast out, and many are and don't even know it. But the blind shall follow the blind and they both shall end up in the ditch.

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    we catch liars here all the time, one was Roland "2 time Le Mans champion" and Roland will admit the lie himself and also his lessons learned, but it took FerrariChat to bring it out. Roland didn't volunteer it himself.

we're over that now, today we're talking about "F40 LM".

Thanks for your time,
    Tom Cruise

19. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Our nada who art in nada, nada be thy name thy kingdom nada thy will be nada in nada as it is in nada. Give us this nada our daily nada and nada us our nada as we nada our nadas and nada us not into nada but deliver us from nada; pues nada [then nothing]. Hail nothing full of nothing, nothing is with thee.

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    agreed, wasn't lumping Karl with those guys. if you really don't get what I was saying and how I said it then I can try to explain. it was mostly a joke about all being once removed from Roland. AW and John Guthrie were "real" friends of Roland and he paid for that unfortunately.

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    East coast? time for you to put the drink down and go to bed. :D;):D

22. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #147 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Feb 10, 2011
    LOL...

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    oops, just reread my quote of Karl and my response. It sounds like I was saying AW and John Guthrie were friends of Karl. I don't know if Karl has even met either of them, I was talking about Roland being friends with them before.

24. mrknowitallf40

mrknowitallf40 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2005
    How many of you guys go to Hooters every week and tell all the girls you have a ferrari but fail to disclose that it worth less a nice daily driver. You just let them think its worth a fortune. Kinda the same thing. Just like the "doctor" in "The Kings Speech". All that matters is that you learned something and had a good time together. He was very gracious to you. Return the favor.

25. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    #150 Stackhouse, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
    Ummmm... YES!

Matter of fact the car WAS included based upon the understanding it WAS an F40 LM and that you WERE a Two Time LeMans Winner.

Sorry but the record needs to be clear about this! If you are going to bring the subject up don't be surprised if the truth bites back!

:(