STL Spotter's Thread 2011 | Page 7 | FerrariChat

STL Spotter's Thread 2011

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by a7xbass94, Jan 1, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. champagne612

champagne612 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2009
    Chas has a valid point ... even if the 12C takes a bit allowing the kinks to be worked out, it has the best DNA out there.

2. Scuderia Santo Luigi

Scuderia Santo Luigi Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2010
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I have to agree with others here. Nothing against the Carrera GT, but I think the new McLaren will definitely be worth the wait!

3. sumbaco

sumbaco Karting

Jun 21, 2008
    #153 sumbaco, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
    That could be a long wait though. They're making so few the first year, and if it's good, which looks likely, there will be a long waiting list beyond that. It would also cost big money to jump the queue. In the meantime one can enjoy another carbon fiber, 3200lb, 600hp car that actually has a manual transmission. But if one already has cars they're happy with and will keep them entertained, then I guess a 2 year wait will go by fast.

4. Scuderia Santo Luigi

Apr 18, 2010
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Matt
    ^ Or I suppose you could say to hell with being practical and prudent and enjoy the CGT while you wait for the McLaren to arrive! I like that plan better!

5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I like your style, Matt :)

6. champagne612

champagne612 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2009
    Anyone see the NEW GT2 on ebay?

How Porsche delivers that much hp out of that rear engine compartment is amazing!

7. champagne612

champagne612 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2009
  8. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Lambo of Houston has one in FerrariAds....asking $299k :eek:

my 997 has 320 bhp, I can't imagine what 620 bhp is like! giggity. :)

9. a7xbass94

a7xbass94 Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2010
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Ryan

The one at Lambo Houston is awesome...red and black..saw a vid of it. That is my new favorite Porsche under the CGT

10. champagne612

champagne612 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2009
    Share that vid!

Anyone want to make a wager on Pujols?

At age 41 he wants the same money as today ... buh bye Albert!

11. a7xbass94

a7xbass94 Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2010
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    They easily make the worst videos ever....Just a slideshow with some horrible techno..that is every single video they post. Glad I can do something better for EMM....
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxRCxWvddLE[/ame]

12. Scuderia Santo Luigi

Apr 18, 2010
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #162 Scuderia Santo Luigi, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
    That is some terrible music on that video...it reminds me of the crap playing at the St. Louis Motorsports display at the St. Louis Lameauto Show. Ugh.

Anyway, the GT2 is sweet. It isn't enough to unseat the Carrera GT as my favorite Porsche of all time, but with 600+hp between the taillights, it is very impressive nonetheless.

As for Albert, it may not be a popular opinion in this town, but I'm going to go ahead and say it. For the money he wants, I'd tell him not to let the door hit him on his overinflated ego on the way out. I'm not taking anything away from him as an athlete or what he's accomplished throughout his career, but Doug said it best, I can't see paying him $30M per year when he winds down his career in his early 40s. Some clubs like the Yankees or even the Cubs can take that kind of high-stakes, long-term risk, but the reality of the Cardinals as a mid-market team dictates the money would be better spent on other players that can make an impact.

13. champagne612

champagne612 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2009
    Agreed

The difference in football and baseball - football is a democratic business for the NFL to be competitive regardless of market power vs baseball where the small markets will most likely never win a World Series.

Baseball made their bed for guys like Albert - STL needs to let the big boys have em

Albert's number and ego may now exit stage left.

14. champagne612

champagne612 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2009
    I wonder how that new (CXC) sponsor appeared :)

15. 96cobrakid

96cobrakid Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hows it going guys, been a while since Ive been to this thread :) Weather is nice this week. Anyone getting together? This winter BS is getting old! Hell, I didn't even know there was a GTO is the area now, I need to get back in the loop!

16. fat cab

fat cab Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    ST.LOUIS,MO
    Full Name:
    tim c
    yep, there's a GTO, some new people from the area and a donkey!

17. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Chris,

Welcome back. You been out of the area or just to busy?

Jeff

18. fat cab

fat cab Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    ST.LOUIS,MO
    Full Name:
    tim c
    Scott moved to KC. Chaz came out of the closet and moved to L.A. !! He also bought a Lotus:)

19. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    you're just bitter that I shot you down...

:p

20. sumbaco

sumbaco Karting

Jun 21, 2008
    Did you really buy a lotus?

21. muskaroxs

muskaroxs Karting

Mar 1, 2006
    All the cool kids drive a Lotus!
    As for Pujols sign him for 27million for eight years.

22. zxttfan

zxttfan Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2009
    St. Louis
  23. Scuderia Santo Luigi

Apr 18, 2010
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #173 Scuderia Santo Luigi, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
    Exactly. The structure of the NFL is the primary reason that Green Bay- a city smaller than Springfield, Missouri- is still home to the Packers after all these decades. Meanwhile, baseball's small-market teams like the Kansas City Royals and the Pittsburgh Pirates are eliminated from playoff contention no later than the end of April. Pittsburgh has perhaps the most attractive ballpark in all of baseball- and it hasn't made even the slightest difference in the perennially poor product on the field there.

It looks like what the Cardinals want to do is to sign Pujols at a salary comparable to the top players if not necessarily at the top salary (if I recall correctly, Alex Rodriguez of the New York Yankees makes $27.5M annually). The difference, apparently, boils down to the number of years for which the Cardinals are willing to sign Pujols. I hate the idea of tying up so much money in one player, even one with Pujols' accomplishments, but if the Cardinals can convince him to sign a shorter contract, that would be a step in the right direction. That said, I still couldn't care less whether the Cardinals sign Pujols. I know he is beyond reproach with so many people in this community, but I see an ego that surpasses the size of his future paycheck.

Back to spotting: Tonight I saw a White Pearl Nissan GT-R at Chippewa and Meramec streets in south St. Louis, of all places.

24. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
  25. a7xbass94

a7xbass94 Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2010
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    .....PICS!