How to check Genuine km | FerrariChat

How to check Genuine km

Discussion in '360/430' started by ferrari2c, Jun 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari2c

ferrari2c Rookie

Jun 4, 2009
    hey guys

all very new to this, currently searching for a 360, i have heard many different stories on how to check the actual km/miles on the speedo.

Is there a site which i can go to that will allow me to punch in the car's details and allow me to check the cars detail in terms of km/miles?

2. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    Depending on your country, you might be looking for something like Carfax.com (USA) or Carproof.ca (Canada)... Other countries I'm not sure about.

The digital odometers in the 360s are much harder to tamper with than their analog predecessors.

When shopping for a 360, I would be more concerned with the condition of the car, both mechanically and visually. A Pre-Purchase-Inspection (PPI) is a must for any car you are seriously considering. The PPI results along with the service records should be able to corroborate the indicated kms on the odometer.

There's lots of good information in previous threads on Ferrari Chat... use the search and you should be able to find all that you need.

Good luck!

3. rustybits

rustybits F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jan 28, 2007
    Somewhere, anywhere
    Full Name:
    Eddie B
    Unforunately, it's very easy to adjust the mileage on a digital clock. The bit of kit to do it is very cheap to buy off e-bay, and many, many companies offer a "mileage correction" service. Your best bet is to buy a well documented car that you can check mileages up with invoices or even contacting dealers themselves to verify.
    If you buy an F1 car, the gearbox t.c.u stores the total kilometers travelled since the unit was fitted, but this isn't terribly reliable and can be tampered with.

4. auclutch

auclutch Karting

Sep 25, 2006
    Seoul, Korea
    sorry to bring up this old thread but i had a similar question. on a manual transmission car, is there a mile meter similar to the one mentioned above? i'm thinking about getting a 360 but the interior wear seems a bit much for only 10k km.

any help would be appreciated. thanks.

5. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    The best way to make sure the displayed km/miles is to get a SD2/SD3 diagnostic tool plugged. Several ECU's have the total km/miles in memory.