Does anybody know this car? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Does anybody know this car?

Discussion in '348/355' started by dantm, Feb 10, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dantm

dantm Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    YYZ, BOS, SFO
    Full Name:
    Dan B.
    PM-ed you...

2. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron

3. spincksten

spincksten Rookie

Jan 8, 2011
    I am gonna be an azzhole when people are bashing my car and judging it to some problem car cause it's wholesale priced. I love vehicle specific forums but there are always a few know it alls in the group who have to put their 2 cents in when not needed or neccessary.

4. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #29 Stentboy, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
    I understand why you are being defensive, but the advice you received to spend a few bucks (you said $100) and fix the electrical problem was good advise in my opinion.

5. TheOnlyest

TheOnlyest Formula 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Las Vegas Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That was bashing?? My comments were suggestions to help you actually SELL your car!

6. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    Brother that's unfortunately how things can be around here. There can be quite a bit of nastiness around here:( I think you may have shocked a few by acualy posting up;)
    Out of all the car specific forums i have ever been on in my many years, FC is at the top of the hostility rankings. The good news is, were not all like that.

7. spincksten

spincksten Rookie

Jan 8, 2011
    You might be right, and i very well might do that, especially if a potential buyer requests it, but the guy also said to add $10,000 to the price after doing it. Which by the way he has edited to say 2-3k now. Guess he even thought that was a little bogus after rereading it.

8. TheOnlyest

TheOnlyest Formula 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Las Vegas Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I edited that about 1 minute after I posted it last night, because for some reason I had it in my head that your asking price was $29K. 355's listed for under $40K are automatically assumed to be problem or "maintenance deferred" cars. I didn't make up these stereotypes, its just the way it is with these cars!

9. spincksten

spincksten Rookie

Jan 8, 2011
    Good to know man, thanks

10. spincksten

spincksten Rookie

Jan 8, 2011
    You edited your post homeboy. Wish it still showed the original.

11. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I doubt your issue costs $100 to fix. If is did you would EASILY be able to pay your guy the money to fix it and then add $100 to the sale price. Certainly would be in the "wholesale" range.

So, you are either too cheap to fix the issue or it costs more than you are leading on to. No one wants to buy an exotic from a guy who didn't want to shell out a measley $100 to keep the car in shape. Makes one wonder what else has been neglected.

Just sayin'........

12. spincksten

spincksten Rookie

Jan 8, 2011

13. rskdsk

rskdsk Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2006
    whoooooa guys ... no need for all the hating ... once I get the rest of my cash from my car ... I'll go up and see this car if it is still available.

14. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #39 Huskerbill, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. spincksten

spincksten Rookie

Jan 8, 2011
    good thing you edited that, cause it made NO sense whatsoever. but hey, nice car, you got that goin for ya.

16. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Let's see...

the ABS light comes on but you think it's only a sensor.

the dashlight fuse burns out occasionally but you think that it can be fixed for $100

the interior is sticky but at least you don't think how much it's going to cost to get that addressed.. :)

the previous owner told you that the car is up on service but you don't want to be held accountable

So you have no idea whether the valve guides were done, whether the headers were done. No have no idea when the last engine out service was done, if ever. You don't know how old the waterpump is, what bearings were used at the last service, etc, etc. Remember, you have NO paperwork at all.

If none of those things were ever addressed, you are easily looking at a $15,000+ service bill.

So now you are looking at a $55k 355 that still has the ABS light come one, sticky interior, dashlight fuse blowing and 40k miles on the clock. The drivers seat looked worn and it has non stock wheels.

Now, I am sure you already know all this because you are an educated Ferrari owner, but I thought I'll list it anyway, just for the fun of it... :)

IMHO, the serious Ferrari owner has a pretty good selection in the $55k - $60k price range for a nice 355 but I fear, yours is not part of it.

People may not like what gets posted here, but at least you know you are getting honest opinions.

Kai

17. Kaivball

Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Ah, what the heck, I'm already in a stinky mood. Let's go all the way... :)

UP FOR SALE IS AN IMMACULATE, BLACK, 1995 FERRARI F355 GTS. IT ONLY HAS APPROX. 40,000 BABIED MILES. IT HAS THE QUICK 3.5L V8 AND GATED 6 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION. THIS EXOTIC CAR LOOKS NEW AND IS MINT INSIDE AND OUT.

How do you know that it has 40k babied miles??? How many miles have you driven it??? How long have you owned??

It's NOT immaculate. It got sticky interior. That's neither immaculate nor mint.

I can see white spots on the passenger side bumber and front spoiler. That's neither immaculate nor mint.

I can see the wear marks on the drivers side bolster. That's neither immaculate nor mint.

So yeah, people are suspicious when a seller makes outrageous and obviously exaggerated claims.

The difference is that the people that post here, for the most part, know a thing or two about Ferrari and BS ebay ads like this are a dime a dozen. The knowledgable people will steer away from cars that are being sold like that and will caution others.

:(

Kai

18. spincksten

spincksten Rookie

Jan 8, 2011
    hahaha, man, you guys never quit. like i said, i will fix everything on the dang car for the right price, still far less than most out there. this car will sell, not worried one bit. my phone rings off the hook regarding this car. the first person who comes and looks at it will fall in love, take it home and enjoy it, just as i am doing.

19. Kaivball

Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Well, of course you can do what you want.

As a community we want to make sure that Ferrari owners have a good experience.

Unfortunately, too often, someone buys a "bargain" Ferrari and then ends up dropping up to 50% of the purchase price into the car to get it right.

And then those new owners come on Fchat and piss and moan how Ferrari's suck, are unreliably, cost too much to repair, yadi, yadi, yada. All because they bought a car that already had trouble written all over it.

It gets tiring.

Caveat emptor.

Kai

20. spincksten

spincksten Rookie

Jan 8, 2011
    and thats why i encourage anyone and everyone to come check this car out before buying. i dont want to sell anyone anything that i wouldnt want to be sold to me. you, my friend, give ferrari owners a bad name. pictures dont do a car justice, i dont care what you say. there isnt a flaw on the exterior of this car, come see for yourself chump. and you can tell when a car has been babied and when a car has been neglected, this car has normal wear for the miles and year. like i have said, go back and reread all my posts in this thread, im not trying to retail this car. im trying to sell a very nice driver 355 at a very nice price. alot of people want to come look at this car for a reason, but keep yappin. your like a little pesky dog.

21. Kaivball

Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Dude, I'm not your chump... :)

"Normal wear and tear" is not mint.

"Normal wear and tear" is not immaculate.

If the car has normal wear and tear then represent it as such and don't try to razzle dazzle potential buyers with "immaculate" and "mint".

It is NOT mint. It is NOT immaculate.

I ask again, how long have you owned it, how many miles have you driven it and why are you selling it?

And give me a break, no, you cannot tell whether or not a car has been "babied" for 40,000 miles. Please. Unless you yourself put those miles on you are just full of xxxx.

The car is what it is and I am glad you will let a buyer investigate it. Just keep it real in the advertising and the wording on ebay. Don't exaggerate.

Kai

22. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lol...sorry to the owner, but this is funny

23. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Actually they are not. A few years ago I bought a "newly serviced" 355 Fiorano and it ended up with a $21K bill to fix everything that was wrong with it. I was lucky in that the dealer payed the full amount to have it fixed.

Sorry for the hijack...

24. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    How so?

25. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Very simple - read every post in this thread, then you will see why.