Sooo Proud. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Sooo Proud.

Discussion in 'Australia' started by b27, Jul 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    There's a rubber playground surface that reduces injuries, did they sell you a few cubic yards of that stuff?

It makes the little ones" bounce" instead of "splat".....

2. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    We breed them tough over here Bubba.

Went for a Sir Walter grass which should be kept at around 50mm (2") thick. That should provide sufficient absorbtion. :)

3. Modeler

Modeler F1 Veteran

May 19, 2008
    State of confusion
    Full Name:
    a.n.other
    Is there a grass that'll stand up to that kind of foot traffic?

I've been out of the latest pasture research for a few years now but nothing would last time I looked.

4. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    #54 b27, Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Good stuff mate, looks like heaps of fun

6. Arvin Grajau

Arvin Grajau Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    got a building permit

7. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Thanks Greg, that's why you have kids. Can't put a value on their smiles. Mind you the 4 year old leaned forward and fell off the swing. Got a mouth full of sand. The 2 year old hasn't worked up the courage to go down the slide yet. :) Its a great investment.

8. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    lol. Thank god Google Earth only looks down. ;)

9. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Very cool mate!! :D:D

Glad to hear the little fellas are enjoying it! :D:D

10. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Holy **** that's a big mutha. At least you will have somewhere to sleep the next time Judy kicks you out :)

11. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    How they change. :rolleyes:

Got home from work tonight at 4pm and have been negotiating with this once 3 year old, now 5 year old for 3 hours right up until he went to bed at 7pm. His school is having a gold coin trail tomorrow on the basketball court to raise funds for the people of QLD affected by the floods. I put in a gold coin as did his Mum and younger brother, but nope I love my money he says, I'm not doing it, I want to keep my money. He has a big bank account for his age but still won't do it.

It's hard trying to reason with a 5 year old and I'm very upset and disappointed in him. Didn't matter what I said he wouldn't give in. Our house is like a Toys 'R' Us store. I told him hime he gets no more toys other than for his birthday and Xmas from now on.

12. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    wait until he gets to my boy's age, then they just ask for an increase in their allowance to cover the flood and cyclone appeal "he " is donating to :rolleyes:

My boy has tidy sum in his bank account as well, enough to buy a 1 series the little bugger, and still hits me up for a donation "he" is going to make

13. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Told ya fellas!! Give them NOTHING! :D:D

They will **** on you in the long run. :eek::eek:

Baby GG is 5 yrs old too. He went to Prep the other day and came home with some ice-cream. Mum and sister Sophie all went through Macca's drive through on the way home from school. Too cool. :):)

Anywho, Mum then tells me GG kicked some other boy in the face at Prep that day and spent 20 mins in the time-out corner. :eek::eek:

I looked at her and said did you know this BEFORE or AFTER you bought him ice-cream.

Before she said. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Spoil the little punk with ice-cream after his teacher told her he kicked another boy in the face that day. They are still "friends" and GG apologised. Good boy. :):)

But Mum disappointed me. If Nick were there, I dont think he would have rewarded him with ice-cream that day. :D:D

14. j15

j15 F1 Rookie

Jan 5, 2005
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Jeh
    Can't be too hard on the lad, he'll give through the flood levy, and will pay even more back well into his adult years for Joolia's Carbon Tax/Mining Tax/Red hair dye fund/budget deficit, etc.

15. GTRMagic

GTRMagic Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Hey Mr Dee Jay....
    But if the kids 'donate' it doesnt help dad with his tax bill :D

16. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    I ended up getting a REALLY nice set up from someone who was moving for 200 bucks. A new coat of paint and a few new peices like chain and swings and it looks brand new, new roof too. The person I bought it from told me they paid 4k for it.

17. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    That is a GOOD buy! :D:D

I have a friend that is currently giving away a kids swing set to another friend of ours. :):)

I *should* have asked him for it, as we are hoping to have kids soon. He paid $500 for it 18 months ago.

Has since broken up with his woman and her kid. Its sitting there going to waste, hence why he is giving it away to another friend of ours for her kid. :D:D

But her kid has already got one, my kid dont. :eek::eek:

18. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    200 Bucks. :eek: Thanks for telling me that Stephen, you just made my day. ;)

19. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    #69 wax, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So, 'fess up - how do you owe the ball-bustin' kneecap-breaker in interest?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

You have done a great job getting him to save, no doubt about it. Not that my opinion is worth much; but I think you are on the right track with the toys. You would need to get Judy on board with it though ;) Then when he wants a toy you could suggest he buys it from his savings or goes without. That might teach him the value of money ;)

Best of luck with this one mate!

21. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Good mate here owns local Autobarn outlet.

5-6 yrs ago Mum used to take kids shopping twice a week. EVERYTIME they went shopping, the kids to pick up toys and put them in the trolley. Mum was always try to return them but kids would throw tantrums in the shopping centre.

So Mum would obviously buy them. After many many months of this happening and spending thousands, Dad told me his house looked like a toy factory. Toys and broken toys everywhere, he said enough was enough.

And that was that. He said they had SOOOOOOOOOOO many toys, he donated a boot full to the Salvo's. And, the new ones still in the boxes, they would wrap them up and give them to their kids to take as b'day presents. :D:D

22. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Half the time my kids are more interested in the paper the toys are wrapped in.
    Once they get past the wrapping paper the toy holds their interest for 10 mins and then they move on to something else. I don't see the point in spoiling them; but it is pretty hard not to give in at times.

23. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    my boy puts all his allowance in the bank and then asks his mother for everything

of course she just gets the Visa card out and heads straight up to the shops :rolleyes:

I only buy him car xbox games but they are $100+ :eek:

keep his attention for an hour and then I find him downloading games and looking at girls :rolleyes:

I tell him they are trouble but nearly 16, what can you do :eek:

24. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

If he has saved enough for a 1 series BMW, pocket money must pay damn well at your place :)

I think it is often one parent that gives in and spoils the child. Most often the parent that has to spend the most time with them.

The current generation is over stimulated IMO. As a result, no one thing holds the attention for very long.

Good luck with the girls. Hormones have a LOT to answer for.................. marriage for example. Looked at rationally and analytically you wouldn't have a bar of it!

25. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    he can only afford a second-hand 1 series, so he's not paid too well :)

The boy's not spoilt he hasn't had too bad a life, he use to think everyone had a Ferrari due to the company we keep

As for marriage ... I have had a LOOONNNGGGGGGGG talk with him about that ..... I'll veto any attempt at marriage until he is old enough ..... like 80+ !!!