Does anybody know this car? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Does anybody know this car?

Discussion in '348/355' started by dantm, Feb 10, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    :rolleyes:

2. ndpendant

ndpendant Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2010
    Chicago- west burbs
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Does anyone want to bet how long it is before this car is "stolen" and mysteriously found behind a McDonalds joint 2 days later with the keys inside and no damages?
    Just sayin...

3. spincksten

spincksten Rookie

Jan 8, 2011
    I would like to know what your labor bill alone was.

4. 308tr6

308tr6 Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    SDakota
    Full Name:
    Rico
    If one is concerned about buying used F355's perhaps you should just start buying a few spare parts on ebay. A quick scan of what is available this afternoon....

1. Rebuilt transaxle - $13950
    2. Crankshaft - $9000
    3. Seats - $5000
    4. Wheels - $5000
    5. Headers - $4000
    6. Exhaust - $3000
    7. Cats - $2000

This way for a mere $41,950 you are covered for any little incidentals that may pop during ownership (of course installation not included, but that probably wouldn't be too serious.)

5. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I know, for some that is asking a lot ;)

6. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    #56 sambomydog, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
    What that i dont see the funny side when some internet bully picks on a new poster. Congrats on that man, great spot. That went right past me.

7. TheOnlyest

TheOnlyest Formula 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Las Vegas Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Steve
    LMAO!! Whats that old saying about the pot and the kettle?? It was only a matter of time until you chimed in here, you're only defending the OP because you have so much in common with him! lol

8. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    No i just dont like to see nasty F***ers like you ganging up on folk. It can be a very nasty FC trait and you have the bug.
    Besides now the floor is yours please tell me what i have in common with the OP. Please tell, go on the floors yours.

9. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Well, for starters, neither of you has filled out the profile portion... :)

Kai

10. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    And why the hell does that matter? One can clearly see if ones is a nasty bastard or not without looking at a profile:( People like you like to come along jump on the band waggon, add your jibe or kick and then stand back and watch to see what happens.
    This may be a high end car forum, but high end doe not guarantee high end characters.
    Well its been great being a part of this forum at times, but i think its now time to log of and leave the hate pack. This happens way to often around here, but it always will i suppose. Go on guys have your ( predictable) fill:)

11. Kaivball

Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    First of all, my comment was in yest.

But second, yeah, filling out your profile is a courtesy to the other participants so they know who you are. I don't have time to follow your posts to learn about you.

Thirdly, the OP is exaggerating his ebay ad. The car is neither mint nor immaculate. That's not hate, that's setting the record straight.

Fourthly, me thinks you complaineth too much.

Kai

12. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    I likey the way Kai thinks !!!!

13. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Yikes. Whatever happened to the "brotherhood" and all that stuff?

The car is priced right: $38K

You get what you pay for, no informed buyer is going into this thinking that they got a perfect 355 for this amount

The seller is offering anyone who is interested to take a look at the car in person and then decide if its worth it or not...no need to attack the poor guy.

14. Kaivball

Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    We are not attacking him at all, IMHO.

You assessment of the car is correct, but it's not MINT and IMMACULATE.

At least not under my definition of those terms.

The car has normal wear and tear for its age and needs some work. Nothing wrong with that.

But I really dislike misrepresentations. That's deceitful, whether in word or print. Just represent the car as it is. No reason to exaggerate.

I don't think my statements are considered an "attack" on the OP.

Kai

15. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Nothing - the OP is selling a 355, not a 348 ;)

16. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    #66 pchop, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here's the autocheck report based on the VIN given in the ebay description:

- Accident in Feb 2009
    - Salvage Title
    - Car was bought at an auction

If the previous owner mislead you into thinking that this is a "clean" car, I would urge you to go after them legally.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. spincksten

spincksten Rookie

Jan 8, 2011
    autocheck has been wrong so many times and im surprised they are even still in business. the carfax is totally clean on this car. this car has never had a salvage title, i am 100% sure of it. this car may or may not have been involved in an accident at one time, but there is definately no evidence of it now.

18. unfunnyclown

unfunnyclown Karting

Jan 29, 2010
    so, Burt Reynolds didn't own this car? :-(

19. Kaivball

Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Let me get this straight: your "mint" and immaculate car that has had 40,000 "babied" miles may or may not have been in an accident.

In other words, don't ask don't tell. You didn't ask the seller, and he didn't tell.

I am curious, how do you know it never had a salvaged title?

Do you know if the previous owner bought it at an auction and had it fixed up?

This car has a story like many of us suspected since page one. Of course, Carfax is always wrong... yeah right.

The car has been in an accident, something a thorough inspection would probably discover and it may or may not have had a salvaged title at one point, something that can be discovered as well.

Like I said before, this car is neither mint nor immaculate. I hope that a first time Ferrari buyer would be very careful.

Kai

20. Shootfighter65

Shootfighter65 Formula 3

May 13, 2014
    Charleston SC
    Full Name:
    Randy..alluneedtokno
    I cant see it on the links...curious someone post a pic