Hotel recommnedation for Birmingham, AL? | FerrariChat

Hotel recommnedation for Birmingham, AL?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Ferraribot, Feb 25, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

Can anyone recommend a hotel for me to stay in in Birmingham next Monday - Wednesday? I am going for work and will be working in One Federal Place. I found a hotel nearby but it's too expensive (like $200/night) so if anyone has a recommndation for an inexpensive place that is in a safe area please let me know. I don't care if it's super posh as long as it's not a dump and I don't get shanked in the parking lot. I used to live in Birmingham in college for a year but I don't remember it much at all.

2. ferraribrit

ferraribrit Karting

Feb 27, 2009
    Ridgeland, MS
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The Aloft is cool and reasonable and not too far from the downtown area. Covered parking, too.

Best, Paul

3. ExoticSpotter

ExoticSpotter Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    I stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn in Liberty Place recently...request a room with a view on the side of the Statue of Liberty replica, it's very pretty at night.

4. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    pack a lot of your favorite protein bars as finding fresh healthy restaurant food will be hard to find. mobile was nothing but awful dishes one after another.
    ed

5. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    This is fairly far from where you will be working.

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    For Barber's "Legends of Motorsports" event last May, the recommended hotel was a Drury Inn near I-459 exit 19. I parked my Ferrari there (covered, of course) for 3 nights and had no problems whatsoever, and there were other exotic cars there as well. It doesn't seem to be too far from your workplace.

7. ExoticSpotter

ExoticSpotter Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    Only 10 miles or so

8. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

I actually am excited to find out there is a Chipotle in Birmingham. I know that sounds silly since I'm from New Orleans, but I used to eat there a lot in Tampa and miss it.

So I ended up getting a room at the Sheraton. I got so overwhelmed with responses in the silver thread I just ended up going through hotwire and getting a good deal.

9. 430man

430man Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2011
    #9 430man, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
    Drury Inn +100

I just like doing business with companies who genuinely seem to want it.

EDIT: heh see this is an old thread that got bumped. Sorry.

10. experienced-traveler

Feb 28, 2011
    #10 experienced-traveler, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
    Hey, if you want alternatives, in case you change your mind, you can also try the hotels near the universities (some say that there are cheaper). You can find some options on http://samford.universityhotelnetwork.com. Hope this helps.

11. avilla

avilla Rookie

Apr 24, 2011
  12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Wrong Birmingham, guy!