Can someone in the ATL take a look at this car for me? | FerrariChat

Can someone in the ATL take a look at this car for me?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Robo Squirrel, Mar 7, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robo Squirrel

Robo Squirrel Karting

Mar 4, 2011
  2. ferrari dan

ferrari dan Rookie

Mar 18, 2009
    Big Canoe, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Daniel Burris
    I would be happy to discuss this car with you if you would like. It is a one owner car with services up to date. Please let me know what information you would like. Thanks.

3. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    The guys over at FOA are very straight and are a great group to deal with, good luck.

4. reubenk

reubenk Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    atlanta burbs
    Full Name:
    reuben k
    I saw it at the dealership today before I saw this post. I wasnt really focused on that car (and I'm no mechanic so I'm not much help anyway) but it looked like it was in very good shape from the outside. reminded me very much of my 1st ferrari - a 98 355F1

5. Robo Squirrel

Robo Squirrel Karting

Mar 4, 2011
    ive already been talking to u via email :)

but u could deff tell if: the leather is in good shape, the interior parts are sticky or not, if it drives good or not, funny noises....ect :)

6. ROULEUR

ROULEUR Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Chris C
    Dan is as straight as they come. If he is telling you the car is nice, I am sure it is. I would also be more than happy to head up there and see the car for you. I don't work there anymore but welcome the opportunity to head back in from time to time. I have an ok eye for details if it helps.

7. Robo Squirrel

Robo Squirrel Karting

Mar 4, 2011
    that would be awesome if you could look at the car for me! ill send you a pm :)

8. xamfed

xamfed Karting

Oct 13, 2010
    Midtown ATL
    Full Name:
    Brett Federico
    I would love to go look at it for you. I will tell you this though, I am fan not an expert.

9. pressuretested

pressuretested Karting

Sep 29, 2004
    peachtree city, ga
    Full Name:
    bryson richards
    #9 pressuretested, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
    Leather looked good when the wife and I were in there the other day. That's all I can tell ya. Chris is a good guy and if Chris says Dan is straight and others say it's so then have comfort in it.

10. Robo Squirrel

Robo Squirrel Karting

Mar 4, 2011
    thanks guys! im between this and a brand new M3...ive already had an E92 M3, and the used 355 is the same price. obviously the M3 is going to have free maint...but the ferrari is going to be a FERRARI so yeah, lol. i can accept the maint costs....i just dont want to buy a car and have to rip the motor out after a month or something, lol. From the sound of it there are bad 355s and good happy, non-breaking ones out there and i just dont want to be stuck with one of the *****y ones, lol :)

11. Robz328

Robz328 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 16, 2009
    ATL, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Rob Hemphill
    I live near to the dealership. I can look at it for you.
    PM me for more info.
    Rob H.

PS. Please review my RobzWorkz series to give a measure of my skills as a possible PPI.

12. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The car won't be able to inspected until Monday. I showed up yesterday after setting up an appointment and was surprised to find that the car was not in a position to be inspected. The instrument cluster was removed and the car was parked outside the service area.

Good luck!

13. Robz328

Robz328 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 16, 2009
    ATL, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Rob Hemphill
    The vehicle looks to be in an idling condition. All gauges seem reasonable. The one red idiot light is likely for the seat belt being unattached. Definitely an exellent question to ask, that is, why the cluster was removed. Thanks, Spiderman, for letting us know.

14. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    355's have are known for shrinkage in the dash pod leather. I hate that! Anyway, we are having the pod recovered. The cluster is fine and all instruments/lights work. Hope that solves the mystery.

15. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sorry Will, I should have included that in my post. Daniel did tell me that the cluster was removed to fix the leather shrinkage on the pod.

The point of my message was to let others who may want to look at the car not to try to look at it until Monday. (Also, if you set up an appointment, you may want to call on your way to make sure the car is in a situation to really be looked at) :)

16. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    355's in hot climates often need their dash pods recovered. The leather shrinks in the heat. That's the case with this car. The cluster is fine. We don't feel Ferraris should be sold with shrinkage.

17. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Too bad it can't be fixed by a little blue pill from Pfizer. ;-)

18. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    There's always the Alcantara option ;^)

JD

19. Robo Squirrel

Robo Squirrel Karting

Mar 4, 2011