Annoyed by Yoshield experience | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Annoyed by Yoshield experience

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Derek Trotter, Oct 10, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. doug328

doug328 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    The Space Coast, FL
    Full Name:
    Doug B

2. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

For all the bad press Yoshis been getting lately.......

I ordered a set of shields on Saturday night.....I immediately got an email from Yoshi saying they would be shipped promptly on monday am.....

This is the second set I've ordered from him without any problems.

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Ferrari states they are the only licensed source for shields.

That means these are shall we say, reproductions at best.

Good quality or bad, sooner or later Ferrari will catch up to him, and when they do, these will be gone forever, so if you need them and like the quality offered, then grab them now.

Daniel at Ricambi America has the factory shields.

4. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

#29 Oengus, Oct 31, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Nero308

Nero308 Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Yoshi
  6. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    #32 andrew911, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
    I have 4 quick comments regarding the yoshi shields:
    1. I too had a flaw in one and Yoshi got me another shield quickly and was excellent to deal with.
    2. I made a joking comment to Yoshi that the tops of the angle where the green white and red colors are at the peak were ever so slighly off (I have the 360 shields) it was so close I didn't care- Yoshi then e-mailed back that I was observant and he allowed the "flaw" because the factory shields are that way- I went up to a factory shield and was amazed to find this to be 100% correct!
    3. I was in the NYC Ferrari showroom on Park Avenue yesterday, and for some reason I decided to bend down and really look at the shields on the 458 they have, and the paint work is not as good as my Yoshi sheilds- little dots on the yellow paint- granted even on the 458 they were so slight that it wasn't an issue, but this was a brand new shield from the factory of a current 2011 car and Yoshi's paint process was more accurate- I see very small similar spots on my shields so probably something to do with the process
    4. Finally, I have parked right next to a 360 w/factory shields at a recent car meet- fenders and shields literally inches apart- the best comparison you could do- and you have to really look and concentrate to note the difference- the main difference is yoshi sheilds are not of course recessed into the fender like the factory, but the factory and yoshi shields sit about the same height off the fender. You're eye does not notice the lack of recess with a yoshi shield as much as you would think as (a) it's a slight recess, and (b) there is sort of a reflection created by both shields since they are a little elevated from the fender. No casual observer would ever notice, and ferrari owners/experts would be hard pressed. There are several ferrari's that show up at these car meets, and over last summer several owners didn't believe it when I said they were not factory shields.

I love the shields, and have been recommending them to everyone who asks me about them here on F-chat or at the car meets.

Thanks for being very meticulous Yoshi and for offering a great product at a fair price!
    -Andrew

7. Nero308

Nero308 Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Yoshi
    Thank you, Andrew, for such great complments of our shields and sharing your observations and interesting experiences. I certainly remember our phone conversation about the off-centered peak for the tri-color bands. I am glad to know that you were able to verify that by oberving the OEM shields. The OEM shields are not as perfectly made as the most people may think or hope to think. I have seen a couple of 288GTO's with the OEM shields up close and their colors were totally faded after a few decades. They also have many small spots which are created from the making process. When the customers who purchasedour shields sometimes complain about our shields for some imperfections (whcih is perfectly pkay), but what they do not know is the OEM shields are not perfect either. So, I ask myself the question...what is perfect? Replicating theh details to the imperfection is perfect. But some of the imperfection is not worth replicating such as thickness, weight and faded colors... I am so glad that you are enjoying our shields, Andrew!!

8. alexwagner

alexwagner Formula Junior

Aug 31, 2013
    Paris, France
    Full Name:
    Alex Wagner
    I ordered Yoshields for my 512 TR, was very happy indeed with them, and have ordered another pair now for my newly aquired 348 GTS.

9. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I noticed he never answered this question.

I'm wondering why Ferrari apparently has continued to allow this, maybe he is paying a licensing fee???

10. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    The shields on my car are, presumably, well over 6 years old since I have had the car for that long and my 308 was previously Yoshi's. They have held up exceptionally well and STILL look fantastic on my car.

Just sayin'

PDG

11. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    If (!) these shields infringe Ferrari IP rights (no license), then at least in some jurisdictions Ferrari cannot only claim cease and desist, but also (among other information) full customer information including names and adresses. Furthermore Ferrari can have the right to destroy these product piracy items.

So, perhaps the customers might consider removing the car from the shields in time, i.e. before the shields are (lawfully) destroyed within a surprise visit by officers (again: just assuming that no license was granted). Who would be happy about "collateral damage" to the shields substrate ....

:D ;)

12. Chrisnlbc

Chrisnlbc Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2015
    Huntington Beach
    LOL....the sky is falling, here come the Shield Police!

Ill advise my friends with Rolex Replicas also that their arms may be chopped off at any given notice :)

13. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    They might welcome becoming known to my friends with Countach replicas ... ;) :D