Mclarens plan/updates to get on step | FerrariChat

Mclarens plan/updates to get on step

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Mar 21, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    They will see a boost if they just get a good exhaust on the car. The issue is the balance of the car is all over the place. Brundle and Coulthard both commented on how it locks up on heavy braking, three wheels around corners and is generally just a mess. Perhaps it's a setup issue, but until they have it sorted I bet we don't start to see decent running out of Mclaren for a couple races. I see it being a real struggle for them to make Q3 this first race or couple of races

2. Scuderia P1

Scuderia P1 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti
    Macca is desperate, no other way to see this. Maybe they're finding out how hard it is to build a production road car AND win in F1 at the same time. Obviously the team is using a Grand Prix for testing.

3. Phenom

Phenom Karting

Dec 30, 2009
    from Callum on F1technical.net:

4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1 and this might apply to a few other teams as well but for a front runner like Mclaren this might be the best they can do until after Australia.

5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Autosport has recently released a story "http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90078" about how Mclaren are now reverting back to a more simple exhaust lay out which I believe makes the "Octopus" idea more plausible.

A failed plausible idea. They are trying to get a car that will work for the race and proceed on from there I suppose. No doubt they are on the backfoot if not sitting down! Could be a long painful weekend for the Mclaren boys.

6. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    It's amazing how some are putting Mclaren in the top 3 at the moment. Give them a few races and I am sure they will perform, but for now they have a mess.