Your help and feedback about my Website | FerrariChat

Your help and feedback about my Website

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by SFerrari, Mar 17, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SFerrari

SFerrari Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    MG
    Hello ;-)

I have recently launched my website, and as it is pretty much hard to have messages posted, I was wondering if you could have told me what you think about it ?
    The Website is about to create the largest platform of Comments, Tips, Experience Share, Questions/Answers,etc..., about any existing Websites!
    In fact, it is to help each others to share our experiences about a website and give all the information and feedback before and after to deal with a Website.
    Kind of a big Guest Book, with a search engine interface to browse the Crabzy's database.
    But it only exists and is only feeded with and because of people's posts, so it hard to get posts on it...

Would you give me your feeling about our Crabzy website ? Any tips or help also to help it gaining notoriety and content ;-))

Thanks in advance,

www.crabzy.com

2. SFerrari

SFerrari Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    MG
    No ideas, no advices or opinion to bring ? On the website, on any improvement... ?

3. Perkman87

Perkman87 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 23, 2010
    Ft. Lauderdale FL.
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Perque
    this site is like a bookmark site?

Perhaps a description we can understand!

4. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    I have no idea what it is this site does and I am very tech savvy and work in digital. My first suggestions is to change your font. Second is your resolution on the page is too small. Maybe try 960px? Third, the colors are too Halloween for me; orange and brown.

Also, there is no need for the flags, date, and time on the bottom of your site. It is content that is distracting and irrelevant.

Antony

5. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
  6. Billy10mm

Billy10mm Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Westchester
    Full Name:
    Billy Ng
    As one other person mentioned .. fonts. They aren't cutting it and they make the page look less than professional.

Second problems is that until I left a comment under google.com ... there was 0 content that I could find ... that's going to be an issue, especially for a "discussion" site.

Colors could use changing as well and frankly I too am having a hard time understanding what the site is for - even after your description of it. It seems almost like a social networking thing in that it's not really tailored to any one particular market segment (like Ferrari lovers, photographers, etc) yet you have no Twitter, Facebook, or Myspace integration. You want to reach masses? There is no better way than Twitter and Facebook.

My $0.02

7. SFerrari

SFerrari Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    MG
    Hi,

Thanks all for your feedbacks, very interesting.
    Yes, the fact is forum based, and as far as noboby leaves any comment the site remains empty, that's the bad side of it...
    I'm struggling to have users leaving comments.

I will take into account your remarks, and will try to improve the site, but I can hardly add content by myself, it has to come from users....