In the words of Lew-Ham, "Quote" | FerrariChat

In the words of Lew-Ham, "Quote"

Discussion in 'F1' started by Scuderia P1, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scuderia P1

Scuderia P1 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti
    I'm going to update this thread with comments from Lew-Ham during this season, rather than starting a new thread for each article. The guy is a walking sound bite, feel free to post an article with Lew-ham quotes if you please.

Last week the British wonderboy was complaining that he wasn't thought of as the greatest driver of all time, now he's belittling RedBull Racing, his comments are hard to believe. I don't know where to start with this one, you tell me,

Lew-Ham Quote-

"Red Bull are not a manufacturer, they are a drinks company.

"It's a drinks company versus McLaren/Ferrari history.

"I don't know what their plan is.

"Our team is building to become a bigger manufacturer, like Ferrari, and I can only see our team being there for a ridiculous amount of time.

"It is a pure-bred racing team."

Full ITV article below,

http://www.itv.com/formula1/news/2011/3/lewis-says-red-bull-just-a-drinks-firm-4493/

2. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    #2 LightGuy, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
    And let the hating begin.

Guy gives props to Ferrari and he still is a rat.

Cant win here.

3. Scuderia P1

BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti
    Did you bother to read the article ? I'm not making this up. His comments are ridicules.

4. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    #4 LightGuy, Mar 23, 2011
    Since when is true ridiculous ?
    If/when the Red Bull fad goes away Mclaren and Ferrari will be prepping for another season.
    Mclaren and Ferrari both have depth.
    Red Bull has Newey.
    Long run I'll put my money on the first two.

Seriously; stop reading stuff into this.
    Its bad for the soul.

5. Scuderia P1

BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti
    #5 Scuderia P1, Mar 23, 2011

Who is he to mention Ferrari ? And Macca has a LONG way to go before they can be mentioned in the same breath as Ferrari as far as producing Sports Cars.

And he doesn't mention Renault, who kicked Macca's a$$ up and down the block in the 90's, then came back and did the same with Alonso, what about them ?

Lewis should bone up on his history before spouting off to the press. RedBull buys a British race team and shows everyone how it's done and wonderboy cuts them down, go figure.

Maybe when Macca starts winning Constructors Championships, then Louise can start spouting off. Ferrari, Renault and RedBull, when was the last Macca WCC Lewis ????

6. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    The majority of your posts are anti Mclaren and anti Lewis in particular.

Want a lead on a real rat-bastard ?
    He's the #1 driver at Ferrari but I dont obsess about it.

7. Scuderia P1

BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti

Oh, I see. Gotcha...

8. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Well, everyone is entitled to their opinions, and what Lewis quoted....was mere facts...

9. Phenom

Phenom Karting

Dec 30, 2009
    Are they not true? RBR will never have the Motorsport history like Mclaren or Ferrari have.

And yes it is a drinks company. Their main income is selling Red Bull.

What is the problem really?, sounds more like your a member of kkk or something.

10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Nothing in common between Ferrari or McLaren and Red Bull.

Dietrich Mateschitz bought the Jaguar team and rebaptised it Red Bull to obtain a huge billboard for his drink company. F1 is the sport that gives him the best global exposure. He can put that on the company advertsing budget and ofset some of the profit that way.

Mateschitz isn't really an exclusive hardcore F1 enthusiast, and also provides sponsorship many other sports with advertisong budget: motorcycling, air races, boats, etc... For him F1 is a tool, not a passion; his business is the passion.

As long as Red Bull company is in profit with plenty of cash to spend, Mateschitz will be supporting sptoring activities, F1 included. But I suspect that if the bean counters were suddenly telling him to tighten up the belt, most of these ventures would disappear: that's the normal cycle for sponsors - they come and go.

Red Bull team would quickly be on the market, and there would be no more continuity. In between Red Bull is an amazing team, colorful and cosmopolitan.

Ferrari is a completely different story; first it's the flagship for Italian excellence, car industry and engineering. Ferrari has been built out of passion and oozes it at every occasion; for many watching Ferrari is a religious experience.

Ferrari is like a country, with ups and down, and always picking itself up after defeat, reorganising and going back to the fight.

McLaren is in between, a kind of racing laboratory, clinical, focussed and completely dedicated to F1. It doesn't provoke the same passion as Ferrari, but it still the best racing team in UK.

11. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    I'm not a Hamilton fan by any stretch of the imagination, but the constant bashing of every word out of his mouth get very old after a while. Maybe we need to start the XXXXX Sucks threads again so we can keep the F1 section less filled with these useless threads.

Mark

12. skeletor123

skeletor123 Karting

Nov 24, 2007
    Florida
    +1

that's one of the main reasons i rarely come to f1 section. It's either driver bashing or hating on every team except for Ferrari.

13. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    The kid has a point, but you have to admit how much Lewis sounds like how I would imagine Enzo Ferrari to sound like nowadays. Lewis and Enzo are 100% loose cannons and spout off whatever is in their heads. Good for them!

14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Well, that bit is correct.

What's wrong in saying it?

Benetton wasn't a manufacturer either, they bought an existing team and sold it after a few years of exploitation.

Same for BAR, who bough Tyrrell and later sold to Honda.

Big advertisers have seen the benefit of having their own team for a period of intensive marketing.

15. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    What is this "Macca" term? is it suppose to be derogatory? I've only recently started seeing it here in the past month.

16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

+1

17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I can't say that I am very enamoured by the expressions "Lew-Ham", or "Hambone" I have read many times here. Same for "Schuey".

What's wrong with calling an individual by his proper name, instead of succumbing to some sort of rapper sub-culture to look trendy?

18. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    +1 Yes it's pathetic and puerile.

19. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    It doesnt look like he said anything that wasn't true. Who gives a hoot anyway, let's get the season started already so the BS can stop.....

20. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    THANK YOU!!!

We all know that you have a pathological hatred of McLaren and Hamilton, and that you spew illogical and ridiculous nonsense whenever you mention those two subjects. By keeping all your vitriol and garbage posts to one thread, the rest of us can avoid your thread pollution much more easily.

Again, THANK YOU!!

21. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    You obviously don't come here much ;)

I think this thread could be something interesting though, maybe we need more for other drivers too, it will be a good way of looking back on the year.

The Hamilton bashing here is pretty stupid, but the idea is pretty good

22. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    Regardless if Red Bull is in fact a drink company, the beat Ferrari and McLaren last year. Credit due where credit deserved.

23. 430man

430man Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2011
    Oh my oh my.... The same folks who brag continually about Ferrari's racing heritage and often mention Lambo has none, now bash Lewis Hamilton when he points out Red Bull has no such heritage.

Ya don't get the hypocrisy?

Why are you guys so scared of this guy that you obsess over his every word?

24. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Well **** me running, who knew it would be like that on a Ferrari website?!

25. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Red Bull has heritage...a WDC and WCC.