CNC Motors in Upland CA | FerrariChat

CNC Motors in Upland CA

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by dc-spyder, Mar 18, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dc-spyder

dc-spyder Rookie

Jul 16, 2009
    Washington, DC
    I'm from Washington, DC and have been shopping around for a used Ferrari for a little while now. I have seen a few cars over the past several months advertised by CNC Motors in Upland, CA (zip 91786).

Two questions:

First, does anyone have any direct experience with this dealership and can comment on their business practices and integrity? Has any purchased a car from them?

Second, if I were to make an offer on a car there, it would be contingent upon a pre-purchase inspection by an independent party. Can anyone give a recommendation on an individual or a facility that would be able to provide a thorough evaluation and fair assessment of a car presented to them?

Thanks,
    David

2. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    The best I can do is go look at it for you. Hopefully others will chime in.

3. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I have purchased a car from them and also been involved in other dealings. No problem for me. If you need a PPI performed I can do it for you.

Craig
    www.fastcarsltd.com

4. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    To Upland Concours auto's Joe San Paolo is pretty close to get the car to.
    541 w. lambert
    la habra ca 90631
    562-697-4188

Joe is a great mechanic and my local "go to" guy. When I can't figure out what to do I usually ask Joe. He has a good racing backround and knows how to make ferraris fast.

5. evscarbrokerage

evscarbrokerage Karting

Jun 7, 2005
    Hollywood, CA
    Full Name:
    Caleb
    I've purchased 7 cars from Clay at CNC over the last year. All incredible cars. Zero Problems. I highly recommend them.

6. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA

Wow 7! Good to here that you are repeat customer and good feedback.

I live close to them as well- I have a few buddies also very close in location that have dealt with them but not actually close the deal , different cars ( Range Rover, CLK Black and others) I was/am sorta in the market still for a 360/Gallardo and keep my eye out.

I knew them before they moved to the bigger facility and theyve grown fast.

7. jimxyz

jimxyz Karting

Mar 17, 2009
    Orange County
    I almost bought a car there but it sold before i could pull the trigger. They seemed like good people - i got the sense that they move a lot of their cars overseas, not that that matters. Showroom always has a nice assortment of cars - you shouldn't have any trouble getting someone to stop by and eyeball it for you

8. elipinski

elipinski Formula 3

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    Emanuel
    i bought my Bentley Azure from them and had it shipped to germany. All correct, no problem at all. regards

9. av2

av2 Formula Junior

May 22, 2008
    S. California
    I purchased a car from them as well this August. Good service from the guys there. If you're not going to come out here, just make sure to do a PPI or have someone see and test drive the car for you. Regardless of how reputable a car dealer is, all cars are unique and they oftentimes, they don't know all of the stories. Good luck shopping.

10. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    #10 rocketman, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
    Any knowledgeable Ferrari guys near CNC Motors in Upland.

I am considering a Scud they have but would greatly appreciate someone to take a look at it, start it up and check it out

Also any comments about their business practices and integrity ? Please feel free to PM me.

Thanks in advance

11. FERRARI-TECH

FERRARI-TECH Formula 3

Nov 9, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari-tech
    I have had a few cars come through here that came from CNC and have always been impressed with how straight up Clay is to deal with. I have not had anyone say a negative thing about them to me.
    We can also do any PPI or inspection anyone requires.

12. ThePusher

ThePusher Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2004
    I purchased a car.

Totally fair and honest in all dealings.

13. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Many thanks to all members that took the time to respond to my post. I appreciate your input and expertise.

A very special thanks to Jeff (Tipo815) for going out of his way and taking the time to personally check something out for me which was way above the call of duty.

Also a special thanks to Damian (Ferrari-Tech) for returning my phone call and taking the time to discuss some things with me.

Hopefully with the help of all you guys I will ultimately find the right vehicle !!

14. Buxton

Buxton Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2010
    Full Name:
    B Buxton
    They had a SCUD last month for $186k

15. XLNLIFE

XLNLIFE Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2005
    SOUTHERN CA
    Full Name:
    JEREMY :

Jeff and Damien both helped me out when I bought a Stradale a few years back. Jeff took time out of his busy schedule to actually meet me and drove the car and gave me his feed back while Damien was there for many phone calls and questions. Both great guys and a wonderful asset to the Ferrari community. Thanks Again !!!

16. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Uh huh......

How about the broker you stiffed for his commission?

17. XLNLIFE

XLNLIFE Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2005
    SOUTHERN CA
    Full Name:
    JEREMY :
    When you have half a clue of what truths transpired then speak up. Untill then its best to keep your opinions to yourself. :)

18. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #18 darth550, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
    Are you denying I was in on every aspect of that deal, including being on the phone calls?

19. XLNLIFE

XLNLIFE Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2005
    SOUTHERN CA
    Full Name:
    JEREMY :
    Well you have manage to take someones public appreciation for 2 F-Chat community guys that unselfishly helped out and gave advice on purchasing a car and turn it into your own personal platform to attack and try to intimidate. For the record...the broker recieved money. Done !!!

20. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #20 darth550, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    And here I've had you pegged as a deadbeat and a coward all along? Nice to hear you finally have something to say after all this time.......
    Interesting how you put that, the broker received 1/6 of what you had agreed to pay him after advancing his own money on a respray for you (that is if you even did (in fact) hand him the money I heard you promise him with my own ears)?
    Um, I think you might have sidestepped my question?

In any case, as far as the rest of your drivel goes, no, I have to disagree with you. If I had been effective in convincing you to honor your word as a man, you would have paid your remaining debt to my friend by now, which you certainly could have and haven't.

I guess we were both wrong?

Wanna talk about it sometime? You can even bring your 7' friend to beat me up! :D:D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. radlu

radlu Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    For peeps that dont pay their bills, Bankruptcy is always an option.

Some new filings coming up soon.

22. XLNLIFE

XLNLIFE Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2005
    SOUTHERN CA
    Full Name:
    JEREMY :
    #22 XLNLIFE, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011

23. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Well, to be honest with you? No. Your remittance needs to be directed elsewhere.

You used to ask me for advice on (pretty much) every aspect of your life so allow me to offer you a bit more, yes, free of charge....

You look like a total ****** and the "cuter" you try to be, the more of an ****** you make yourself out to be.

Do one good thing in your life and pay the bill! Try to be a good example for your kid.

24. XLNLIFE

XLNLIFE Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2005
    SOUTHERN CA
    Full Name:
    JEREMY :

Have your friend call me.

25. Moving Chicane

Moving Chicane Formula 3

Dec 15, 2003
    SoCal.
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Hey - What The.......! Why is my wife hanging out with you all in my absence!!!!!! :)