Joe Zaff - Anything you'd like to share with the group?? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Joe Zaff - Anything you'd like to share with the group??

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by dm_n_stuff, Mar 29, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    No. The Mondial knows she is queen of the garage. In fact, my primary motivator for getting another sports car was to take some of the driving duties and wear and tear off her shoulders.

As for driving the Porsche. I intend to her enjoy her to the fullest and drive her VERY often. Unlike the Mondial, there are no shortage of Boxsters should I wear this one out.

Oh, and to those who question my OCD, YES, I will still keep the boxster in a bubble and fully detail her at least once a month...Isn't that what everyone does? ;)

2. MPalilonis

MPalilonis Karting

Sep 30, 2003
    Full Name:
    Mike
    yeaaaa another car I get to work on.... i mean seeee. Congrats Mr. OCD !!

3. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yep. it must be nice having a client so obsessive you can almost be guaranteed a steady supply of business!!!!

BTW, There are a few stone chips on the hood and bumper cover, as one can expect on a four year old car. I am already thinking of having you respray both of them before I put a clear bra on, but I have to see if its worth it to do now or wait till it gets really bad. Ummm....is it possible to wrap the entire car in plastic? ;)

.............and so it begins :D

4. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    I suggest you wait until you experience the car on the track first. You might just decide that actually driving a sports car the way it was designed which can only safely be done on a track is so compelling that its not worth the effort to put the clear bra on the car. Just saying! Jon in Delaware

5. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #30 JoeZaff, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
    Yes...but imagine the fun I would have knowing every rubber pellet that flies off your car has you hustle through a bend is not becoming permanently implanted in my clearcoat :)

In all seriousness, outside of keeping it well maintained, clean and properly detailed, I am not going to do anything over the top with this car. My Ferrari holds a special place in my heart. It was a bucket list thing and a car I dreamed about since I was a kid. The Porsche is a fantastic sports car and I feel lucky to be able to own one, but at the end of the day there are no shortage of well maintained boxers around. It is just easier to buy another one when I wear this one out, than it would be to dump tons of money in trying to keep a Daily Driver in the condition of my Ferrari.

6. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Do I hear the sound of Angels signing??? Ahhh...AhhhhAHHHHH Say Amen brother Joe!!

7. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#32 dm_n_stuff, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
    OK, anyone else here buying the, "I'm not going to obsess on this one" speech?

No?

Didn't think so.

JOSEPH - just admit it. Mike will get to drive the Boxster farther, faster, and harder than you ever will when he pulls it from the parking lot into the paint booth at Karosserie. :D

8. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Talk about being stuck in the ***** seat. How's this, you're a Porsche Boxter S and you get to play 2nd fiddle to a Mondial.

Sheesh. That's tough love for sure. :D

D

9. Barry@PresidentialDetails

BANNED

Nov 7, 2009
    Lancaster PA
    Full Name:
    Barry Theal
    Thats some funny stuff there man. Sad but true for sure!! :D

10. Pearlcoupeg35

Pearlcoupeg35 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2007
    Chester County, PA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Congrats Joe!!! Cant wait to talk to you (during our normal saturday morning chats) allllll about the joys of being a Boxster owner :)

11. MPalilonis

MPalilonis Karting

Sep 30, 2003
    Full Name:
    Mike

hahahahahaaaaaa..... no commenet !!

Mr. OCD, your cars look better with patina on them any way!

So .... just put the damn Boxster on the track, I'll take care of the cosmetic stuff when the time comes (hopefully its not within the first 5 mins of being on the track.... cough, cough). LOL

12. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Can't you just see Joe at a track day?

Cruising in the slow lane, doing 55 mph, obeying all the traffic laws, minding his own business when PING, he hears a stone bounce off his hood.

Pulls to the side of the track, weeping, as he stares at a stone chip in his hood, gasping for air and looking for the license plate number of the car that had the nerve to toss a stone his way.

Later, in the pits, Joe can be seen with a bottle of touchup paint, a Langka kit, and his cell phone, furiously calling Mike P's office begging for an immediate session with the paint man.

I'm tellin' ya guys, TRACK+JOE=NUCLEAR OCD MELTDOWN. I really think, for his mental healty, we should stop all this talk about Joe taking his Boxter out on the track, it's just not gonna be pretty.

D

13. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    I feel there is a "Inner Joe Zaff" wanting to be let out. I believe in you Joe and want you to come out and play on the track. (I will have a paperbag for hyperventilation ready) Jon in Delaware