575 FOB | FerrariChat

575 FOB

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by stuart, Mar 30, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stuart

stuart Karting

Aug 13, 2003
    Hidden Hills.CA
    Full Name:
    Stuart Siegel
    I have read the threads on replacing the FOB's but I am still confused. I only have one black FOB and no PIN. Everything was lost by previous owner. It appears I must go to the dealers and spend $2000+ for new FOB's, ECU and PIN. Am I correct? Thanks

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    No : you can live dangerously with just your existing black or you can send your fob away to get cloned

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Stuart- If I were you, I would just have 2 clones made and swap fobs every week to keep them from getting too far out of synch (rolling code). You can find fobs frequently on E-Bay. I just picked one up for $100. Makes no difference what color. Guts are the same, black or red, so you can clone either to your black fob.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

4. stuart

stuart Karting

Aug 13, 2003
    Hidden Hills.CA
    Full Name:
    Stuart Siegel
    Who does the cloning?

5. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Stuart- I use Eric in France, so it takes a while, but we also have Gobble in the States. Will PM you contact information when you need it.

Hopefully you get lucky on E-Bay. There are retailers of the fobs, but their prices have gotten ridiculous lately. PM me if you bid on one so I do not bid against you.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

6. stuart

stuart Karting

Aug 13, 2003
    Hidden Hills.CA
    Full Name:
    Stuart Siegel
    Taz, first of all thanks for all your help. I contacted the broker I purchased the car from and he has a red fob from a 360 that he is sending me. I am still confused on how this cloning works if someone is not local. I have only one fob and no code. Wouldn't I have to send him my fob so it could be cloned and if so I would not be able to use my car in the meantime or am I missing something. Thanks, Stuart

7. Zedtt

Zedtt Formula Junior

May 29, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Terry
    Stuart:

When I acquired my car, I received two keys and only one red fob plus the PIN from the dealer. I bought two extra fobs and sent those plus my original fob to Eric in France via Fedex and he cloned and returned them very quickly. IIRC, I sent the items to him on a Monday and got them back by the end of the following week...missing just one weekend of driving. While the fobs were away I was able to start the car using my PIN but I didn't drive the car but could have if I didn't feel nervous about having to turn the key that many times. Eric let me know when he received the fobs and when he shipped them back; a first class transaction and well worth it.

I have since acquired three new key fobs and PIN from Ferrari.

Zedtt

8. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Correct - but once you have the red fob you could tee it up to despatch one monday prior to a weekend you know you're not going to be able drive your car and then it should be back by the following weekend

9. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #9 tazandjan, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Stuart- It might be a little quicker to use Gobble, but yes, you will not be able to drive your car until you get back the cloned fob and your original. Good news is if you do come up with another extra fob, Eric or Gobble can retain the file from your fob and clone another without having to have your original.

Another possibility is to get the original PIN from Ferrari (they may, probably will, charge you for it) and I can then help you with a full set of three and new PIN for considerably less than Ferrari charges. So far Eric and I are six for six on new sets and new PINs successfully programmed into the Alarm ECU by owners that have their original PIN. Part of the deal is I get the old fobs to help another owner.

Just in case you have not seen this, here is a document on fobs guaranteed to cure insomnia.

Taz
    Terry Phillips
    Image Unavailable, Please Login