The official MP4-12C Thread | Page 36 | FerrariChat

The official MP4-12C Thread

Discussion in 'British' started by Superquant, Feb 22, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. krzys@earthlink.net

[email protected] Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2007
    Darien, ct
    Full Name:
    Krzysztof
    Miller does not have anything built yet. They use the Aston building as their office.

2. NSXLuvr

NSXLuvr Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Tx
    Full Name:
    Ritesh
    Park Place in Dallas is tight on space but is building a showroom next to the Maserati room last time I was there.

3. fire_n_ice

fire_n_ice Formula 3

Jun 9, 2006
    Right. So they are no different from Pfaff in Toronto, which is building its McLaren showroom while they conduct business out of their existing showrooms/offices.

4. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Did you take any photos of the McLaren F1 that was included in the display? I would be eager to see them if you did. :)

You could add them to the long running McLaren F1 pics thread here if you'd like.

Thanks!

>8^)
    ER

5. Osiris_x11

Osiris_x11 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    #880 Osiris_x11, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
    Any idea on the anticipated scheduled maintenance/service protocol for the MP4-12C?

I'm rather curious of what all the factory & manufacturer deem to be spec'd & addressed regularly or timely!

6. andy c

andy c Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2011
    service is annualy or 15k miles,1st service minor ,oil and check up
    2nd service 30k miles ,major plus suspension fluid change,so not dissimilar to 997 tt

7. Falb

Falb Karting

Mar 14, 2011
    Las Vegas
    That seems more than reasonable. Good thing it is not too frequent since I am 200 miles from factory service. I assume service will not be included, ala Porsche NA.

8. andy c

andy c Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2011
    #883 andy c, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
    not sure how it works in the US,in the uk the only car with service included might be a kia !!!!
    one more cool thing i noticed at the track day was when you set off from a standing start in first gear ( not launch) there is a systems check on the hydralics and the air brake rises and falls,might look like your waving goodby at the ferrari behind you at the lights!!!

9. 360

360 Karting

Feb 27, 2004
    Orpington Kent
    Full Name:
    Chris M
    Ferrari just announced that cars ordered after 15th March 2011 will get 7 years free servicing ala Kia !!!!!!!! Not worried about the MP4 atall

10. 360

360 Karting

Feb 27, 2004
    Orpington Kent
    Full Name:
    Chris M
    Well final spec is in
    Carbon Black paint
    Orange callipers
    Carbon diffuser
    Standard wheels
    Carbon engine cover
    electric heated seats with easy entry
    sports leather in black with Orange tech.inserts
    Orange dash stitching
    Carbon fibre interior
    Iris upgrade
    mats
    park sensors
    Traker
    cover
    can't wait. Roll on summer

11. fire_n_ice

fire_n_ice Formula 3

Jun 9, 2006
    Congrats!

12. andy c

andy c Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2011
    Hi Chris,have you gone for the silver or stealth on your wheels? just picturing it

13. 360

360 Karting

Feb 27, 2004
    Orpington Kent
    Full Name:
    Chris M
    Silver, just thought the stealth might look a bit too black so hopefully the wheels will lift it a little, also not going for carbon brakes mean a shiny steel disc on veiw which I think look better on the lighter coloured wheels. I do like the light weight wheels in the stealth finish with carbon brakes but need to draw the line some where in case the wife ever sees the final invoice price

14. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA

Sound spectacular. Congrats.

15. andy c

andy c Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2011
    yes i know what you mean,mine came in at £193,which i think is about right 20+k over list,
    it would be easy to get over 200k,but i had to be realistic about resale as i want to follow the brand,and were else are you going to go now !

16. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Similar price to mine Andy

Chris when are you expecting your car?

17. 360

360 Karting

Feb 27, 2004
    Orpington Kent
    Full Name:
    Chris M
    They are quoting end of July / August but with saying due to the move to the new factory deliveries are not set in stone yet. Fingers crossed

18. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Congratulations! The specs sound very good! How come you didn't specify the sports exhaust? Also, when are you expecting delivery?

Has anyone heard their sports exhaust setup?

19. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    That is pretty soon! Singapore has yet to announce allocations though estimated deliveries are slated for Sep/Oct.

20. 360

360 Karting

Feb 27, 2004
    Orpington Kent
    Full Name:
    Chris M
    Sorry missed that off, I have specced the sports exhaust. Not heard it yet but standard is around 93Db and sports 105Db so should sound great as the standard is good

21. fire_n_ice

fire_n_ice Formula 3

Jun 9, 2006
    +1 I have specced sports as well. Looking fwd to hearing it, especially this "metallic" tone Mc engineers have referred to...

22. andy c

andy c Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2011
    will be interesting if you take out the fuse that operates the bypass valves ala Astons!!

23. fire_n_ice

fire_n_ice Formula 3

Jun 9, 2006
    first thing I did on my Z06, much to my neighbours' dismay! ;)

actually, if there is a "quiet" mode, I will gladly keep it enabled. Sometimes (many times, really) it's best not to attract attention, eh?

24. cka

cka Formula 3

Oct 12, 2009
    botanic gardens
    Full Name:
    king
    Has anyone seen a McLaren Orange car? I have to spec my car by this weekend and will most probably go for McLaren Orange.

25. andy c

andy c Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2011
    Hi CKA,there is a nice picture of one we were testing at dunsfold last week,its on Mclarenlife ,page 4 of driving the 12c at dunsfold by zippycar,hope this helps