Mid Ohio 5/28-5/31 | FerrariChat

Mid Ohio 5/28-5/31

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by Liquid1, Apr 14, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Liquid1

Liquid1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2006
    Metrowest, MA
    I will be heading to this track for the first time (two different clubs, back to back) and was wondering if anyone else is planning to be there?

2. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

That's my home track, won't be there, though.

Rent a garage if you can.

3. Liquid1

Liquid1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2006
    Metrowest, MA
    One club is looking for $225 for 2 days.... I thought that was a bit steep. I plan to rent with the other club though (they are asking $60 I think, something reasonable). Having never been there, is the $100+ a day for the garage with the first club worth it? My main experience is with WGI.

4. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

We're always in a garage when we race there. You've got a workbench, power, compressed air, lighting and shelter. The garage is probably the least of our expenses!

5. Liquid1

Liquid1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2006
    Metrowest, MA
    Just a few HPDE days, so my comparison on expense basis is lower than yours. :)

6. David993s

David993s Karting

Jul 4, 2008
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    David
    Actually, $225 for 2 days at M-O isn't out of line at all. Since you don't mention which clubs are involved, check to make sure the difference in price isn't relative to the level of emergency support provided. If that's the case, and I'm not saying it is, that's one area where a higher fee is money well spent.
    Enjoy it. Mid-Ohio is a blast to drive.

Cheers.

7. scott40

scott40 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #7 scott40, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
    Mid Ohio is one of the best tracks in the US. I might be biased since it's my home track too, but really- it's a professionally maintained track that hosts pro events. You will love it.

$225? That's dirt cheap. Porsche Club events there range from $400-600 for three days. Definitely get a garage, and try to get a center one (They open from the front and back).

Great track, great amenities. I was just there last weekend. Going back next weekend and will be back right after you for a weekend with the Northern New Jersey region. One of the best, IMO.