You've got to start somewhere, right? | FerrariChat

You've got to start somewhere, right?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by sTyleR, Apr 15, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sTyleR

sTyleR Formula 3

Jan 18, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    #1 sTyleR, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
    I'm eighteen and about to finish my final year of high school. This fall, I will be beginning my first year of college. Over the past three years, I've followed my entrepreneurial desire through buying and selling computers, cars and motorcycles on my own. As summer is coming around, I feel as though I should be doing more with my time to learn and gain experience in the field that I'm very interested in. Which leads me to the point of making this post:

Does anyone have any leads or an opening for a young, highly motivated business intern? I'm interested in involving myself with sales, marketing, finance, accounting, management, and really anything relative to business practices. I'm a highly self motivated individual and would like any opportunity to further my knowledge and experience in transacting business, hands on. I'm willing to learn and open to interviewing. Any leads would be highly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

2. sTyleR

sTyleR Formula 3

Jan 18, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    So there's been 93 views and no leads.

Any words of advice at least? I realize that we all walk in separate shoes, but the paths we take our steps on simply can't be as distant.

3. slapshot36227

slapshot36227 Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Zach K
    No words of advice to give, unfortunately, but I'm 18 too and about to head off into the engineering field. I hope you get some responses and they may be helpful to me too.

4. kba

kba Rookie

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston
    Speak with Career Services at the college you are about to attend, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

5. crapking

crapking Karting

Feb 4, 2006
    Houston Tx
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Had I not just sold my company in SA I would have gladly at least talked to you about what I do and what I have done in the past.

6. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    My suggestion: don't worry about getting an internship your Freshman year. Get your hands dirty and start another business. Take a quick break and enjoy college!