430 Price check | FerrariChat

430 Price check

Discussion in '360/430' started by xraes, Apr 20, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xraes

xraes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2011
    NC
    #1 xraes, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
    http://www.lamborghinihouston.com/vehicle_details.aspx?id=1035&CAR=Ferrari-F430-F1-Spider

Not exactly the car I'm looking for, tan not cuoio, no interior carbon fibre, but it's close. The dealer called me today and said the prior deal fell through. I don't have any service history on the car yet but he did say everything is in order and available. Assuming that to be true (I won't assume anything), curious what you all think is a fair price and anything specifically I should ask/ be concerned about? While I'm thinking about it, Ferrari aftermarket full interior carbon fibre package installed price - 10-12K?

Thanks in advance.

Rodney

2. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    #2 rocketman, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
    That car was listed on their site for quite a long time and when it didn't sell it was then it was listed on Motorcars International for awhile.

They eventually listed it as sold but now I seriously question whether it truly was ever sold.

Seems to me they took it off the market for awhile and now it's back.

3. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    If it's not what you're looking for, then take a pass on this one. My .02.

I would not settle for anything except exactly what I wanted.

4. Bill2

Bill2 Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2004
    GA
    I would think $155k should buy it.

5. xraes

xraes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2011
    NC
    Thanks Bill-
    Makes me feel better if I make an offer.

6. xraes

xraes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2011
    NC
    Just a friendly bump. Dealer called today but I decided to sit on things over the long weekend.
    Any input appreciated.

Rodney

7. andrewmr

andrewmr Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2005
    Bucks County, PA.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Wait for the car you want. Nothing worse than feeling you settled.

8. ELP_JC

ELP_JC Formula 3

Dec 13, 2008
    You have to be a little bit flexible if you don't want to wait forever, but having said that, you need to come up with a list of 'must have' features/options you absolutely want, then the options you'd like, in order of preference. And also your price ceiling. You can also write a list of options (or combination of options) that are deal breakers, and just let that list make the decision for you. Good luck.

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Silver/Cuoio could be a pretty long wait.

10. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    #10 Need4Spd, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    +1. You probably have seen Cuoio in person, but if you haven't you should before deciding on waiting for a car with it. It is beautiful but buttery light and looks like it would easily get soiled. I don't think I have ever seen a silver/Cuoio car. Silver/black, silver/grey, silver/red, silver/dark blue, silver/tan, yes, probably in that order of commonality. Here is a Cuoio interior on a 612.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. xraes

xraes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2011
    NC
    #11 xraes, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

This is not the interior color I'm looking for, maybe Sabbia?

This is cuoio, as far as I understand - I have seen it in person. I guess that is some of my uncertainty - how often will a car in this color combo., well taken care of, right price, etc. come along? I've seen a few, but nearly in the numbers of red/ tan, black/ black.
    For now, I believe I'll try to exercise some patience (not always my strong suit) and enjoy the hunt!

Rodney
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. xraes

xraes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2011
    NC
    First-
    Happy Easter!

Good news first - found the car I'm looking for last night

http://www.ferrariofsandiego.com/San+Diego-Ferrari-2007-Ferrari-430-Spider-ZFFEW59A670156178-used.html

Bad news, by my estimation it's WAY over-priced ( approx. 20K). If I'm wrong on the price, please let me know. I have no idea what this dealership's willingness to negotiate the price would be, but if I'm correct, I don't feel like even calling them as it seems we'd be starting out much too far apart on price.
    Any insight appreciated.

Rodney

13. needspeed

needspeed Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2006
    Middle of nowhere IA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    AutoTrader 2007 F430 Spider asking prices
    Range of prices within this search:

Highest Price: $229,995 car has 350 miles.....so sad
    Lowest Price: $152,888
    Average Price: $179,519

Looks like comp milage cars to the one you picked are in the 180s.....good luck.....Steve

14. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Just buy the damn thing. Stop dreaming or asking us for permission.

Is this the car you want? Make an offer, take it home and start to live instead of wondering what could have been.

15. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    That ain't Cuoio.

16. G-NYC

G-NYC Rookie

Apr 29, 2010
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Geoff
    Better to make an offer than wonder if they were firm on price. If you think $175k is fair, then you aren't way off... even if you met their ask you'd be "overpaying" by only 10% according to your definition of fair value.... which is not too bad if it's the car you want in good condition with a rare color combo and you can have it now... in two months you may decide the two months of ownership were worth 20k instead of waiting around....

17. Bill2

Bill2 Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2004
    GA
    That dealer is dreaming, or it's a consigned car and the owner is not dealing in reality. That being said, a realistic offer should be in the $155k to $160k range. If you get it for around that range you will have paid the current market price. Maybe $165k because YOU love the color combo.

Good luck.

18. xraes

xraes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2011
    NC
    Not sure where you got I was asking for permission, I wear big boy pants, but thanks for your helpful insight.

Rodney

19. xraes

xraes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2011
    NC
    Thanks Bill-
    Just wanted feedback that the current asking price is not market value.

Rodney

20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Sorry but I disagree. That car has a lot of CF options and CCB's. If you think that has no value, fine. But, in my book, that does make it worth more than your plain jane Red/Tan F430 you're comparing it to.

To the OP: take my advice. It's your money. Make and offer you want to pay and take it home. If this is the car you've been searching for don't let anyone here spoil your dreams or make you pass because THEY think you're overpaying.

If you buy it for the price you want to pay, you're not overpaying.

21. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Except he's wrong.

22. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #22 TheMayor, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
    Because what happens in all these price checks is people chime in and tell others how to spend their money.

You are a big boy. You know what you want to pay. You know what it's worth. Asking people here for their "advice" is like asking someone on match.com if you should marry.

This is your dream. Don't let people get in your head. If you like this car, make an offer. If you think you can wait or buy another car at a lower price or you think it's too much for wanting exactly that car, that's your decision. But, to let someone here look at some photos and tell you it's too much money is a sure way to get some poor advice.

What are you looking for in your question? Are you looking for someone to agree with the idea that's it's overpriced? You'll get 20 people here to agree with that easily. They'd still say that if the price were 50 grand cheaper.

This is not a game on how cheap you can buy a Ferrari. This is finding the right car that you'll love and can afford.

You found the car you want. Make an offer and buy it.

BTW: I think that color combo and CF trim is outstanding. That engine compartment has about 20 grand of CF alone.

23. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    My $0.02...

Price does seem a bit high...

But the car is well spec'd and gorgeous.

I would have no problem paying a premium for the car of my dreams. It would take a drastic discount to get me to by a car that wasn't perfect.

24. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    +1

I'd also be willing to pay a premium for a car that was spec'd perfectly.
    But for me that would be TdF/Cuoio with black daytona inserts.

25. ELP_JC

ELP_JC Formula 3

Dec 13, 2008
    #25 ELP_JC, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
    No way that car is worth what they're asking, nor would I personally pay that even if it's what I'm looking for, BUT you definitely have to budget above market value for a hard-to-find car, especially with expensive CF options. Would I pay $195K for that car? No way in hell :), even if I never see another one like that, but to each his own.

You need to set a price ceiling BEFORE you're faced with the car you want, but you can still do it now in a rational manner. If you have money to burn and don't care losing your butt on resale, then buy it. Otherwise play hardball with dealer, tell them your offer is good until you find another one, which might take a day or 100, and let fate decide :). On this economy, they'd be stupid not to take a reasonable offer, but might take some time. In the mean time, you can keep looking. And as I said, the less flexible you are, the more it's going to cost you :). Good luck man.