Like the SUB, but not the price? | FerrariChat

Like the SUB, but not the price?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by fish78, Apr 22, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fish78

fish78 F1 Rookie

Sep 10, 2004
    Georgia
    This is a homage not a replica...built to exacting standards, it can be customized with your name/family crest etc...please check out.

http://www.ginault.com/watches.html

Disclaimer, I have no affiliation with this company nor any financial interest whatsoever.
    If you do visit his site and like what you see, please let him know Dave B sent you...just so he knows his friends are spreading the word.

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    That would be a great custom gift for a yachtsman and his crew....

Or rather just the crew while the owner wears a Yachtmaster. LOL ;):)

3. fish78

fish78 F1 Rookie

Sep 10, 2004
    Georgia
    I think that is kind of the point of the module II...but for less than 1/3rd the price, its something the Scotsman in me would let me consider.

4. fish78

fish78 F1 Rookie

Sep 10, 2004
    Georgia
    Maybe I am the only one impressed with this endeavor, but can't, won't spend the bucks for a real sub and refuse to go the replica route...plus its time to put my Zeno diver on the shelf and the idea of sterile Sub appeals to me...especially one built this well

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    There are plenty of cool (real) brands available for 1/3 the price of a Sub....

Swiss Army comes to mind....

6. fish78

fish78 F1 Rookie

Sep 10, 2004
    Georgia
    To my mind this is superior to Swiss Army, Stenhart, Marcello et al. Olech andWjas makes a good watch, nut the dimensions are wrong...money permiting, I want one of each watch Charles ptoduces. There is suposed to be an old style Daytona in the works.

7. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Don't see prices, how to order, or anything other kind of information that a buyer might want.

Nice looking watches though.

8. fish78

fish78 F1 Rookie

Sep 10, 2004
    Georgia
    He is just getting set up. Last time I spoke with him, he was dealing with the underwriter. Hopefully, will be set up in the early part of May.

What appeals to me, is his passion for the work. He has modified a number of Rolexes...there used to be some photos, but I haven't seen the link recently. I think this is an opportunity to get at a reasonable price, a watch that is the functional equal to some big name brands...its to the point now that when folks see you wearing a Rolex, the first thought is it real? Almost everytime I see a Panerai I suspect fake... as to his pricing...the Module 1 is $775.00 at the moment...I suspect that he will try to hold most of his models under a grand for the base models and certainly personalization will add significantly to the price. I like the sterile look personally.

9. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    He's entering a tough market. I like my Rolex but I also have about 10 other watches, all sub $1,000 which are functionally equal to higher end brands. My typical watch is something stylish with an automatic (Swiss) movement. Check out VTC's thread here and you'll get a good idea of his competition.

I personally think he needs to be more creative than what I see on his website. People will see his watch and not wonder--but know--that it's a Sub knockoff.