I know this is the Ferrari348/355 sections but thought you might enjoy | FerrariChat

I know this is the Ferrari348/355 sections but thought you might enjoy

Discussion in '348/355' started by Night life, Apr 14, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    #1 Night life, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Since I have been a member of the Brotherhood for 3 years thought some of you might enjoy my pics of the new toy and my driving impression between the Lambo and Ferrari.

Thanks to Ernie I picked up the car on Fri for my test run for 3 days, I wanted to drive it and get use to it. Let me tell you getting use to a Lambo in Los Angeles traffic is like taming a Bull in a china shop :D

When I first laid eyes on it it's visually stunning, makes you gasp ;), by far this is one of the best looking exotics I have ever seen. I like the normal Diablos but the Roadster has a better stance, the upgraded sides, engine bonnet and front end make this car unique and sleek, like a spaceship landing is the only way I can describe it.

Starting the Lambo is like winding up a turbine, there is this fast spinning sound till VRRRRROOOOMMMMM the engine comes to life. The clutch feels as heavy if not slightly heavier than the 348, with a Kevlar clutch it grabs hard takes some getting use to. The shifting is very easy and precise, unlike the Ferrari you can easily shift into second when cold.

The power and torque on this Roadster is stupid crazy :cool:, I waited for a day to get use to the power before I put it through it's pases. 1st gear grabs hard so you definitely do not want to drop the clutch as you will either snap the axle or snap your neck. Lucky the shifting pattern on the Lambo is identical to the 348, in fact to pay tribute to the 348 I ordered a 348 chrome shift ball and installed it :). When you first shift into 1st gear and start to take off the engine note is a low growl till 3000 rpm and it is gradually building speed, then like a boost from NAS it whips from 3000 to 7800rpm in 2 seconds reaching 60mph, with now the engine note sounding like the world is coming to an end. The sound is definitely not a pretty or as soothing as the Ferrari and I will definitely miss that sound but the sound is still pretty awesome.

2nd and 3rd gears come and go quickly and the speed + g force is awesome, thank God for those giant rear meats for tires or this thing would shred and destroy anything else. By the time I hit 5th gear I was going well over 150mph and easily had plenty of room to go, but I refrained as I was not going to push my luck. At no point in time did I feel like I was out of control in fact it felt solid more so than the Ferrari.

I will admit the Ferrari is a drivers car, easily to drive, easy to handle and comfortable to control, with no major blind spots. The Braking is superior in the Ferrari, precise and controlled. The lambo has Brembo brakes with 4 pistons but you need to stand on them to make it perform like the Ferrari, mind you it is a heavier car but still no excuse. The blind spots on the Lambo are severe, you really must know your car and driving skill when operating it, even with the large side mirrors it is daunting. Backing up without a camera is well just silly, luckily I am tall and I was able to lift myself up and look when roof was off, but when roof is on furgettaboutit doing it by yourself in a parking lot backing up into a stall. The comfort level is surprisingly great, I went for a 4 hour drive up the Pacific coast highway and the seats were wonderful, way more comfortable than the Ferrari.

For prestige sorry fellows but the Lambo blows away the Ferrari, I was getting more attention in the middle of Rodeo DR and Beverly hills with this machine than I ever received with the Ferrari in a small town. At one point I even had a guy come up and lick the car, seriously he licked the car :D:D:D

Overall the Lambo is just awesome, what you give up in sound and visibility you make up in sheer power and speed. The overall looks are intense, the style is pure sex and speed, nothing will make a person react or act out like when someone lays there eyes on a Lambo Roadster. This thing is insanely fast, I thought my Ferrari spider was fast this thing is just SICK :cool: Here are some pics of the trip.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. modena2904

modena2904 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 6, 2007
    Ellicott City, MD
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Great story, and congrats on the purchase. It's an awesome machine.

But...

Eewwwwww!!!

3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Stunning, just stunning !! Enjoy your stewardship of that Lambo, and perhaps warn every living creature in western Canada that you're bringing the bull back home?

(Yes, I'm a wee bit green with envy)

4. troy_wood

troy_wood Formula 3

Apr 28, 2007
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Full Name:
    Troy Wood
    Nice pics and write-up Roberto. One qualification however:

"I was getting more attention...". If you like getting a lot of attention from your car then great, but this would be a minus for many IMO.

Glad you made it back to the motherland in one piece and congrats on your new toy.

5. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Very good assessment Roberto....congrats, and welcome back home.

6. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    Beautiful car!!! Congrats.
    I would have left out the part of some dude lickin your car though... ;)

7. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Fixed it for ya.

Congrats on a very cool car!!

8. 3forty8

3forty8 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 25, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Congrats Roberto! What a fantastic car, enjoy it in good health. Also very cool you got to meet the (in)famous Ernie, he is such a great guy to hang out with. More pics of you, the car and your lovely lady friends when it hits the streets in Canada, please! :)

9. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

Awesome, Roberto!!!!! :D:D:D

Thank you!!!

10. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Once a Brother, always a Brother...you never lose your Brotherhood status ;)

11. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    WOW ! Just WOW !

12. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Car is AWESOME mate! :D:D

Congrats again!! :D:D

13. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Roberto, that is just a silly looking car. It's so out of balance with that excessive cab forward design. I mean, you're a tall guy - where the hell do you put your feet?!

I am anxious for you to outgrow this middle age little diversion and come back to the fold. ;)

Nice pictures and looked like a fun drive though.

14. xtcgt

xtcgt Karting

Nov 20, 2009
    Toms River NJ
    Full Name:
    Robert Boynton
    the diablo is a dream car. CONGRATS! but i noticed the same thing, the cab is pretty far foward. That is a big car......much bigger then the 348 wonder how the handleing is.

on the other side i agree the attention is going to be alot more then the 348. I wish i had no attention in the 348. if you like it then its perfect.

Lastly, I absolutely love the car. it is fing beautiful!!!!!!!

hope you drive it as much as the 348

Robert

15. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    Could not happen to a better guy!!
    Bellisimo

16. FBI

FBI Formula Junior

May 27, 2008
    Calgary,Ab
    Very nice Roberto, Happy to hear you guy's had a great time. Love the Lambo that's a mean looking machine bro!
    Now when do I get to see it..Is it coming home this year or are you still working on that?
    I'll be in Sask in July would love to see it.

Nice pics, and look no snow! What's that bright thing in the sky haven't seen that in awhile.lol

Cheers

17. Rob'Z

Rob'Z Formula 3

Mar 29, 2008
    Tucson,AZ
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I'm happy for you but I personally like the 348/F355 better than the Diablos. They seem much more "kit car" than they should for the name/cost. The Ferraris are much more refined and boast superior fit and finish.

This is simply my opinion and if everyone shared my exact taste in cars then the roads would be covered by only about 20 different models and that would get boring quickly ;)

Rob

18. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    Didn't realize that you came as far north as Santa Barbara until I saw the pics. Would have loved to see it in person and show you some of the cool cars we have floating around here.

Congratulations!

19. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    #19 ernie, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
    Berto took me for a quick spin when we picked it up. The car is fast, and he wasn't even into it hard. For being so low the head room inside the cabin is pretty good. Both of us are 6'ers and we fit inside no problem. And yes the seats are more comfortable than the 348. I think it looks awesome. Matter of fact I think the Diablo is the best looking Lambo to date.

Congrats again on your new ride Pizan. I think it's badass!

By the way, the 4th pic you posted, where you are coming down that hill. The big brown house, that would have been on your left hand side, just before the decent, that's Cher's pad.

20. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    :) Thanks mate

Handling is very good on the car, I was actually very surprised especially with the all wheel drive.

Bro I hope it's here by the time you come down I would love to take you for a spin in it.

I must disagree to superior fit and finish, remember I owned a 348 spider and it is not even a close comparison in fit and or finish. Mind you my spider was a 94 and the Lambo is 98, but still the Lambo is solid and the interior finish is way more superior. Same bloody sticky interior though :D

Now you tell me :) Bro you live in paradise, wow I love Santa Barbara, where abouts do you live?

Ya Ernie and I are not small boys and there is plenty of room in the car, the seats cradle you, fantastic for long trips, the wheel pedals and angle are very similar to the 348/355.

Funny about snapping that picture there, if I only would have know I would of stopped in :D I know she has a thing for Italians ha ha ha ha

21. tcannon

tcannon Formula 3

Feb 18, 2009
    Norman, OK
    Full Name:
    Todd Cannon
    Congrats Roberto! You are my hero. ;) My ultimate dream car is a Lambo so I will do my best to follow in your footsteps. Enjoy that beauty! :D

22. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    We live in Montecito not too far from Stearn's Wharf. There are some incredible cars running around here and some pretty cool car places to visit. Door is always open!

23. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Really nice car....guess it's time for me to start collecting Lambo parts.

24. jetfixr

jetfixr Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    northeast
    Full Name:
    Gone
    The Diablo is simply bada$$ in so many ways. It's comfortable, doors open the right direction, it looks down right evil, and much more exclusive.

The two most important reasons in my opinion to have one, it has balls! And it doesn't break nearly as much according to our local FCA president and owner of an SV...

Did I mention it has power?

25. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    #25 Night life, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

:D:D:D I agree with you 110%