The SACramento Region Exotic Driver's (SACRED) Group Thread | Page 7 | FerrariChat

The SACramento Region Exotic Driver's (SACRED) Group Thread

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by SillyPuppy, Jan 6, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. oldcoin

oldcoin Formula Junior

May 1, 2006
    Reno NV
    Full Name:
    Tony Mitchell
    Orrie,

Put me down for 1. Pls send me a direct with your cell number. Where in Roseville are we meeting?

Tony

2. oldcoin

oldcoin Formula Junior

May 1, 2006
    Reno NV
    Full Name:
    Tony Mitchell
    Originally Posted by Ninpo4me
    SACRED Drive #4, May 7, 2011 yep
    1. SillyPuppy
    2. ninpo4me
    3. Logical1
    4. Oldcoin

3. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    So glad you can join us, Tony! You have PM with my phone number and the meeting location/time info.

Dave P, any chance Tommy will join us this time around? Would love to see that V12 of his in action.

Orrie

4. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Good news - Check Engine Light has been cleared (that pesky secondary air injection system... had a problem with this a year or two ago, hope it's not back...), and otherwise the car looks good to go for Saturday. Can't wait to see everyone!

Orrie

5. captwillieb 328gts

captwillieb 328gts Formula 3

Nov 8, 2008
    Cool, CA
    Full Name:
    Willie B
    #155 captwillieb 328gts, May 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    some of the locals got together for the drive over to Infineon and the Ferrari Challenge...

It was great to see/meet the new (to me) guys.... sorry I can't make the drive this week, but duty calls..... so.. pencil me in for the er um... Sept drive !!

Here's the cast of characters... If you see them on the road.... beware !!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Thanks, Willie and Laurie for the full catalog of miscreants (or is it scallywags in your parlance? :D )! We'll have a toast in your honor at brunch on Saturday!

jm3 is coming this weekend, I hear, but I won't put his name on the list, just in case something's come up.

Hey, Pierre - bring Ken along if he can make it. I like the guy a lot.

Orrie

7. F1.360.LOVER

F1.360.LOVER Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Thanks Willie and Laurie for the pics. Hope we will get together again. Nate

8. XSSSIVE

XSSSIVE Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Reno & Lake Tahoe
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    What a great time! The best challenge event I've ever been to. It was great to meet up with the Sac group for the drive down. Thank you Willie and Laurie for the pictures.

9. drpetril

drpetril Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Reno NV and N. CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Not sure, its hard to get him to wake up for something early. I'll ask him though.

10. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    Beautiful weather---finally!

11. ferra355

ferra355 Karting

Apr 28, 2004
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Well gentlemen I'll be in Florida soaking up some sun. I will miss this drive however and be thinking of My 355 and you guys while diving in paradise. The previous drives where great and I'm sure you guys will have another great drive, enjoy and rev it up a bit for meee huh.

Safe roads to you all. See on the next drive!

Jim355

12. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    NOTICE:

This drive is NOT starting at the regular spot with the beautiful view, instead the drive will start in the Rocklin area.

If Sillypup could PM everyone the location (including me) we can be sure to have no stragglers.

13. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Everyone who's put their name down as coming should, at some point in the past, have gotten a PM from me with the location (a few others who are maybe's also have asked, and I've responded), so it's just you, Jay. :) PM on its way momentarily.

We're going to have phenomenal weather tomorrow, maps are printed out, my GPS is programmed (last time, I forgot to do that and I was trying to read my directions while leading, which doesn't work so well!). So, as soon as I charge up the camera (and remember to put it where I'll remember to bring it...) we're all set!

See you in the morning!
    Orrie

14. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    And I know what I need to get for these drives - a GoPro camera. Yes?

15. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    It's on my eventual shopping list, for sure, Dave. As long as it captures the sound better than my Flip camera (which is a given, I'm sure), it'd be a great thing to have.

Orrie

16. F1.360.LOVER

Dec 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nate
    SACRED Drive #4, May 7, 2011 yep
    1. SillyPuppy
    2. ninpo4me
    3. Logical1
    4. Oldcoin
    5.JM3
    6.F1.360.lover = I'm on call but I'm meeting up with you guys this morning.

17. F1.360.LOVER

Dec 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Back from another great Sacred drive. I lucked out and was put on call so I didn't have to go into work. Thanks Orrie for putting the route together. Thanks Pierre for lunch. It was great. Hope you get that sticky E-brake fixed. See you guys next time.

18. oldcoin

oldcoin Formula Junior

May 1, 2006
    Reno NV
    Full Name:
    Tony Mitchell
    I have arrived alive. Great time today, Thanks especially to Pierre and Orrie

19. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    As I wrote on LotusTalk after I got back: "We had a little bit of everything today: Cars mysteriously disappearing (and reappearing!), a broken e-brake cable, open roads, a little roadside snow, lake views, a delicious lunch, and, most importantly of all, good driving buddies to share all of this with. Photos will be up on the Facebook page real soon!"

Thank you, everyone, for coming today! While I love driving my car, it's so much more fun to be able to share it (besides, who would I talk to at lunch, if I went alone?!).

Maxx, let Kevin know he's a VERY welcome addition to the family! Beautiful car, great personality.

Pierre, thank you so much for lunch - I'm sure each of us will find a way to pay you back. Your e-brake cable fix should be a quickie. My recurring Check Engine Light, however, might be a tricky one to diagnose, I fear. Came on again, just as I saluted Nate, as we split up on 50, between Bradhsaw and Watt. I'll call Ben tomorrow morning, and see if he can take the car in, and really figure this one out.

So many thanks to Jay, who helped put together this fantastic route, and chose Sequoia for lunch. Today is really to his credit.

We'll set up a mapping/planning night for June 4th's run soon, and I'll see what other group activities I can drum up. Would really like to put something together for ourselves, plus the better halves...

See you on the road!
    Orrie

20. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    All those events and not a single pic?

21. captwillieb 328gts

captwillieb 328gts Formula 3

Nov 8, 2008
    Cool, CA
    Full Name:
    Willie B
    Yeah guys.....I'm stuck in an airport On my way to a ship and wondering.... Where's the fotos !?!
    Sorry to miss the drive.... Great stories !!

22. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    I promise - pics will be up soon! But I'm getting some sleep, first. Been a long day...

And Willie, a toast really WAS made in your honor, near the end of breakfast.

23. arcticsilver997

arcticsilver997 Karting
    Owner

Oct 27, 2007
    Northern California
    #173 arcticsilver997, May 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is a pic from my phone.

Thanks Orrie and Jay for taking care of the details. Thanks Pierre for lunch and keeping us awake with your straight pipes :)

24. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Speaking of which, GOOD LORD, does Pierre's car sound incredible or what?! Excellent decision-making there, sir!

25. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005