How to "DO" Le Mans...in a GTO? | FerrariChat

How to "DO" Le Mans...in a GTO?

Discussion in '612/599' started by Maximillian575GTC, May 5, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maximillian575GTC

Sep 28, 2006
    NAS/NCE/YYZ
    Full Name:
    Max
    Hi guys,

We're expecting delivery of our GTO @ the Factory at the end of the first week of June (probably 2nd or 3rd).

spec:
    Grigio medio, black challenge-style wheels, yellow callipers, grey/black alcantara interior w/yellow stitching, carbon bits here and there, matching luggage w/yellow stitching -- see why below ;)

My girlfriend and I decided to christen it with a solid roadtrip:

-Milan
    -Lugano
    -Geneva
    -Dijon (or somewhere in Burgundy)
    -Reims
    -Paris
    -LE MANS June 11-12
    -Bordeaux
    -Barcelona
    -Cannes
    -Home (Monaco)

Roughly 3500 kms in 10 days.

We've been to just about all of these places except Le Mans. Our biggest curiosity is how to go about lodging/watching the race. Is there going to be an fchat/Ferrari group? Any recommendations on grandstands/hotels/inns? Parties/Events?

Any and all info/recommendations on the event or long-distance driving a gto, would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
    Max

2. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    If you drive to the 24 of Nurburgring The Weekend after Le Mans let me know.

3. Maximillian575GTC

Sep 28, 2006
    NAS/NCE/YYZ
    Full Name:
    Max
    #3 Maximillian575GTC, May 5, 2011
    Last edited: May 5, 2011
    Hi Jim,

Will PM you soon when delivery and trip details are finalized.

Hope all is well,

Best.

EDIT: Coffee must not be hitting yet... If this is the P4/5C's race I'm pretty sure we'll drive up there... depending on whether or not we're sick of 10 days in the GTO or that she's sick of us :)