Rich Harvest Farms | FerrariChat

Rich Harvest Farms

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by blabardi, May 10, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blabardi

blabardi Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Downers Grove, IL
    This may be a bit presumptuous but I’m sure the Ferrari Chat net stretches far and wide. Apart from my family, my two passions in life are cars and golf. To his end, I have been attempting to find a contact that would enable me to play a round at exclusive Rich Harvest Farms in Sugar Grove and maybe even get a glimpse at the car collection. Can anyone here offer any help?

2. ndpendant

ndpendant Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2010
    Chicago- west burbs
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Ill ask my practice partner, hes been out there a few times and I think has seen the cars. they have a couple fundraisers hosted there during the year, ill see if anything is coming up.
    p

3. -EZtrader-

-EZtrader- Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2009
    The best way is to track down a charity auction and pay whatever price gets it done. I did it last year and it was worth every penny.

4. blabardi

blabardi Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Downers Grove, IL
    Thanks for the tips guys. Please let me know if you become aware of any charity event that might address this issue. I know Rush Copley has an outing there every year but their price was way out of my public servant budget.
    Ps. How are the new radiators Paul?

5. justhrowit

justhrowit Formula 3

Feb 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Jay D.
    I have been to the car collection, and the whole complex, several times. It's been about 10 years. They are good people. I'll see if I can find pics to post. The last time I was there I only had a 35mm camera (post digital days), but I'll see what I can do. It's impressive... the whole place is.

J

6. badges2

badges2 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Geneva, IL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    #6 badges2, May 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. justhrowit

justhrowit Formula 3

Feb 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Jay D.

... and a 288 GTO, Rolls Royce owned by the royal family (with a pic of Princess Di stepping out of the car), a pair of 365 GTB Daytonas (both yellow), gull wing mercedes, etc etc etc.

J

8. ndpendant

ndpendant Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2010
    Chicago- west burbs
    Full Name:
    Paul
    been out of the country until yesterday. Hope to pick it up weds or thursday.
    A few other things done.
    p

9. icruze

icruze Rookie

May 7, 2008
    I'm playing Rich Harvest the end of June (a friend is coming in from out of town and wants to play). I know a member who is a great guy and very accommodating. That being said, it's not cheap for the members to bring guests. In addition to getting me and my friends on, I've already asked him for four spots for a charity auction, but that's not going to happen until late summer. I'm hesitant to ask for another favor, but PM me what you think you would be willing to pay to a charity (tax deductable) and how many spots. He's a very nice guy and won't take $ for himself, but if it goes to a charity he supports he might consider it.

As far as the car collection here are some pics I took a couple of years back:

1956 Corvette convertible;
    1932 Auburn Speedster;
    Porsche Speedsters;
    A 1932 Cadillac V16 once owned by the Chairman of U.S. Steel;
    A 1934 Duesenberg Town Car;
    Seven Lamborghini Countaches;
    A Mercedes Gullwing;
    Ford GT;
    Ferrari GTO
    1961 Mercedes Benz Roadster;
    Shelby Cobra, and no it's not a kit car;
    Al Unser Jr.'s 1992 Indy 500 winner; and
    best of all Cole Trickle's Mellow Yellow sponsored number 51.

There's a bunch more that I don't remember.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Electric Car:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  11. chet

chet F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2007
    Chicago
    I played there once. A lot of Countachs IIRC. He built the course after he realized he wasn't getting into Augusta. Pretty cool place, but I don't have an in--sorry.

12. icruze

icruze Rookie

May 7, 2008
    Check your PM!