458 Italia purchase | FerrariChat

458 Italia purchase

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by jacinto jardine, May 23, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jacinto jardine

jacinto jardine Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2011
    australia
    Full Name:
    Fly 458
    Dear 458 Owners,

I'm looking at upgrading from a 430 spider to the Italia and wanted to hear from current 458 owners if they have experienced any technical or software issues so far.

Apart from the early fire issues which the factory sorted, I haven't seen too much written regarding reliability or software gremlins causing grief to new owners.

Everything I've read suggests nothing has been carried over from the 430 and with the new 7 year free servicing policy about to be introduced just reinforces the fact that Ferrari are backing themselves on the new models.

The dual clutch transmission is fantastic, no more flicking it into neutral at the lights to save the clutch wear, the car just feels better to drive all round and fills you with confidence.

Anyway keen to hear your thoughts.

Jacinto

2. Russ Birch

Russ Birch Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    I don't know of any car available these days that doesn't have at least one or two well know glitches. Usually the glitches either are 'campaigned', recalled, or tolerated.

If you buy a 458 Italia you will most likely be greatly impressed. The car is far and away the most advanced machine to come out of Maranello. Ever. Are there any little 'funky parts'?... yes. But there is nothing that will ever wipe that huge grin off your face!!!

3. Kurt RSF

Kurt RSF Karting

Dec 27, 2003
    Rancho Santa Fe, CA
    My 458 Italia is the best car I've ever driven. I'm truly amazed by it. In my opinion there's no comparison between it and a 430, a car I've also had for the past 3-1/2 years.

Russ, small world, my wife and I have a place on Sand Key at the Grande. I keep a Carrera there.

4. jacinto jardine

jacinto jardine Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2011
    australia
    Full Name:
    Fly 458
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the encouraging feedback.
    My local dealer lent me their demo for the weekend, let me tell you the approval process was made a lot easier when my wife drove the car, even in auto mode she couldn't wipe the smile off her face.

Recently I was invited to attend the local Corsa Clienti day where you can drive the 458's in anger and appreciate some of its potential, I left that day totally converted and with a better understanding of the generational improvements over the 430.

can't wait to have it delivered in Jan 2012.

Best,

J

5. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    10,000km and the car has only visited the dealer for an early oil change. Any minor issues have fixed themselves. 6 months and not a single warranty item.