In the words of Lew-Ham, "Quote" | Page 16 | FerrariChat

In the words of Lew-Ham, "Quote"

Discussion in 'F1' started by Scuderia P1, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Like Freud's cigar.

In my opinion Lewis is a hugely talented driver but is still immature. On track and off.

2. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    A long time ago, I asked you politely not to even respond directly to anyone of my posts. But your lack of knowing the drill continues. so apparently it is you that does not know the drill, so please, once again, I have no problem if you do not agree with me. But I would really appreciate if your insecurities do not come through with personal bashes.

Not knowing me is your loss, but from what I hear in PMs, not knowing you is probably one of the best things that can happen to anyone here on FChat. I do not care for Hamilton, yet half of my friends are black, so the race thing will not work. It is just that Hamilton is an arrogant ass, not much to like. But that is my opinion, you can believe whatever you want. As I said, your perogative.

It is one thing to disagree with someone's position, it is entirely something different to personally criticize the one with the opinion with which you do not agree. Unless of course, they have used your philosphy, and slammed you for your opinion. Then, all I can say is you are two peas in a pod, more power to you. And them.

Again, thank you.

3. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    #378 Whisky, May 30, 2011
    Last edited: May 30, 2011
    WTH is wrong with you?
    NOW we have to prove something is NOT happening?
    I always thought it was the other way around?

This has nothing to do with thread titles.

Try the ignore user option, then you won't have to deal with it unless someone else quotes their comment.
    User CP
    Edit ignore list

4. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm sorry I don't know you, to me you are a person that has just crawled out of the woodwork from some good old Hamilton bashing. (your above comments make no sense to me as I cannot remember debating with RP TONE DEF I don't know you.)

So to summarise

My point AND only point: I can see you were chopping at the bit to gloat at Hamiltons driving, but this is in a thread that has NO RACE SPOILER WARNING in it. So as to show some respect to others that haven't watched the race.....

My advice was do not talk about the results of the race in a thread straight after the race unless it has a race spoiler posted in the title, you can get banned for it.

Read back through the thread, this is not the first time it has happened, read the responses...comprehend.

Oh and I don't care what you think of Hamilton, I'm sure he won't lose any sleep over it, likewise...so carry on.

5. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Where did I even mention the results of the Monaco GP? Before you stepped in with your ridicuous comments, all I stated was my opinion on Hamilton's driving and his poor attitude. Possibly with your ongoing obsession with Hamilton and the constant denial about his attitude and reckless driving, in frustration you mistook me with someone else?

I would suggest you go back and read this thread for it is you that has missed the point.

Also, to use your term, in a true "debate", nothing personal is ever mentioned. That would get you penalized or banned, which makes me wonder why you are still around. Most of your responses have no fact as support, only an insult to the person that does not agree with you.

But moving on, sorry if this is a repost, but below is a quote from Jackie Stewart concerning Hamilton's childish outburst yesterday. All should remember, the Jackie has always gone publice defending LH.

"And he (Stewart) thinks Hamilton, who spoke to the stewards on Sunday night in Monaco to explain his post-race outburst, should accept that there are times when observers are better placed to judge on incidents.

"When you are a driver, you don't see it from the other side. They get all the angles. They get the videos, and they can sit up there and get all the replays. So they analyse it even better than the man in the cockpit."

The total JS interview in autosport:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91891

6. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Michael, it appears Hamilton's comments were totally serious. He was not joking. He tried to tell Whiting after the fact that he was joking, but Whiting did not buy it. They both watched a replay of the comments, no doubt Hamilton was frustrated and angry.

7. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Ron,

You mustn't have watched the interview.

When he makes his comment, he is laughing himself. You can tell by his body language he is venting.

No accusation of racism is made with Ali G references, just like no declaration of war is made with WWF references. To suggest otherwise is crazy.

8. shado

shado Guest

May 5, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Shado Ra
    #383 shado, May 30, 2011
    I am my self a black English guy, so this is my take. Also its the take of my pals (black and white) who i watched the race with yesterday.
    I have read on many forums how people like to misconstrue and manipulate what LH said.
    Fact is that i and many of my friends also use the Ali G line ourselves. We also use it in the same way as LH did, i got the joke but we instantly knew this would be blown out of proportion:rolleyes:. We don't use it in a malice way, we use it jokingly. For instance last week i was short changed at the local shop, the attendant and i joked about his mistake, and i jokingly said "is it cos i is black". Being another young fellow English man (but white) the attendant knew who Ali G was and in what spirit i said it in. He flicked his fingers and said "booyaka" :) Were as i would not say the same thing to an older English man in case he thought i as accusing hm of something, and what would be a mole hill would rapidly become a mountain;) Like it has on here;)
    I am sure the young shop attendant never spent days debating if i was actually accusing him of racism.
    Maybe its uniquely an English thing. I don't know how big Ali G is in the USA, but in the UK he was very big a few years back. I have even heard white and Asian guys use the expression filling in the "black" with there own ethnicity. This still happens often on the streets of the UK. And it is said in the same mannerisms as Ali G would say it:)
    Now i could understand all this miss guided fuss had LH not referred to Ali G at the end of his sentence.

9. funkstar

funkstar Karting

Aug 11, 2009

Spot on - everyone in the UK realises he wasn't accusing the FIA or stewards of racism.

10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #385 TheMayor, May 30, 2011
    So, I open the Los Angeles Times Sports section today --which hasn't had an article about F1 since Lewis won the world title-- and there's a story about him apologizing to the stewards for his "kinda joke" about them being racists.

I thought... how stupid. This is what F1 needs to attract people to pay attention to it?

11. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    I don't understand how Hamilton's pass on the Williams car should be penalized. He was along side of him going into the turn. Which was also a DRS zone.

His pass on Massa was forced and shouldn't have been attempted.

12. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Same with most of us in Australia. Some people have no sense of humour!

He said it with a smirk on his face.

I wish he hadn't said it though, and I'd put money on him wishing the same.

13. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Who here can't have felt the same at one point or another.

14. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
  15. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    me! :)

16. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Right. You don't even know what day it is ;)

17. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Friday.

18. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Good guess :)

19. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    It's good he recognized he made mistakes and lost some fans and apologized. Gained some respect back for that move.

20. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    +1,000,000 :)

21. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    who the hell are you?

22. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    I think DC makes some good points in his column in the Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/8546403/David-Coulthard-Lewis-Hamilton-was-wrong-but-he-has-apologised-and-we-need-him-on-the-Formula-One-circuit.html

I think that Hamilton was at fault and the stewards were right to punish him. I also think that some of his remarks are laughable, and I disagree with his opinions, but at least we now know what his opinions are. There are many drivers who would talk of not "getting the best from the package and we need to work hard to improve." when they are actually thinking "I'd have won the bloody race if that idiot hadn't blocked me and my useless mechanics had done a better pit-stop".

23. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Kudos to lewis for manning up. There's a fine line between aggressive and dangerous and Lewis IMHO walks that fine line more than any other current driver, so therefore he will cross it more than the others....

That said, the only reason to keep Monaco on the GP calender is P. Albert's girlfriend....

24. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Charlotte Casiraghi looked pretty good too!

25. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yeah, I would! ;)