GT4 center horn cap | FerrariChat

GT4 center horn cap

Discussion in '308/328' started by Dr Kananga, May 30, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dr Kananga

Dr Kananga Formula 3

Apr 20, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Buonapart I. Gallia
    #1 Dr Kananga, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    What's wrong with it?

3. Dr Kananga

Dr Kananga Formula 3

Apr 20, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Buonapart I. Gallia
    It falls off.
    Doesn't stay "attached".
    I can't see any residue of a glue or adhesive.
    It doest "snap in".
    Not sure what protocol is to get it affixed to the steering wheel.

4. GT4 Joe

GT4 Joe Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    Dana Point, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Joe Williams
    You have a non-stock steering wheel which may, or may not, be part of the problem.

5. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    No, the inside of the wheel has a tube that the steering wheel fits over. The horn button has or had plastic tabs that held it in place and a spring that rubbed the inside of the tube which was the ground. Some of my horn buttons were so tight I sliced of small pieces with an exacto knife. This could be your problem.

An easy fix would be take the button off and get some plactic epoxy and add it to the areas that were originally to hold the button in.

An easier fix would be put some electrical tape where those tabs rub. BTW an original Dino with the silver surround is about 300$ plus in new condition.

Rob

6. nemrava

nemrava Karting

Jan 2, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Joseph Nemrava
    My sollution was to add a sleeve (metal). It's springing action will keep the horn cap in place. The diameter of the sleeve will depend on the space you have between the body of the horn cap and opening diameter int he steering wheel.
    If you have limited space use a metal spacer in three points to keep it centric.
    I hope this helps.

7. 3px19

3px19 Karting

Aug 29, 2006
    Some of the horn button housings had a metal "o ring" which nestled on the inside surface of the tabs which exerted outward pressure on the tabs to insure a friction fit onto the steering wheel mounting hub. Is the metal ring there? Many times the fit was so snug people removed the metal ring.

If missing replace the ring. Need to see a photo of the button housing backside to confirm if it had a ring,
    Another way to remedy is to purchase a new horn button and switch the center emblem into the new . Be gentle as the old trim rings are metal and the retaining tabs are fragile.
    Cal

8. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Temporarily wrap a narrow masking tape around it until it feels snug

9. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed