Tonkin and Bellevue Lambo Team Up | FerrariChat

Tonkin and Bellevue Lambo Team Up

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by $$$=SPEED, Dec 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    In light of the recent closure of Portland Lamborghini Ron Tonkin Gran Turismo and Bellevue Lamborghini have struck a deal to help service Lambo's and Ferrari's better for customers in the NW.

Every Thursday there will be a 4 place enclosed truck leaving from RTGT service to Bellevue for warranty work or any Lambo service work. In Portland you need to call Kelly Brown in Service to line up the shipping of your car and drop off at his service dept. I assume the same for Bellevue for shipping Ferrari's. Rumor has it the shipping will be $200-$150 bucks. Josh at Bellevue Lambo has done most of my work and is the best in the business IMO.

In return Bellevue will ship down Ferrari's for those customers in the Seattle area would rather have Tonkin do their service work or for RTGT customers. RTGT has done all my service work and for Ferrari does not get better!

Great new partnership! I am sure James ( Service Manager at Bellevue Lambo) can post more details and or Kelly Brown (Service Manager at RTGT). Call either to line up shipping, service or just get details.

Thanks

leonetti likes this.
  2. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    That is a great deal.....if your car is under warranty..

For Lamborghini they WILL PAY transport fee from your location to the nearest "Authorized" Facility to provide the covered warranty work. On 2008 cars and up that is 36 months unlimited miles, so nothing extra there..AND IT IS free you wont have to pay $150.00 to $200, or wait for Thursday tow...just get it on the next Flatbed via AAA, after you call the free 800 number from Lamborghini for "road side" Assistance that is in your owner book....all included for FREE.

As a matter of fact, the warranty will even in a lot of cases cover, out of pocket meals, rental car, lodging as well trip interruption exspenses...!!

leonetti likes this.
  3. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Will Lambo pay for transport for normal service as well as warranty work? So for an oil change they'll send a flatbed?

leonetti likes this.
  4. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    Great job Mikey!

leonetti likes this.
  5. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats

Nope, only non functional issues....but the Oil change is quite easy..

Or you could buy a "Used" car from me....and as I have in the past, for the local Portland/Seattle buyers provided FREE transport to have they issues taken care of on cars I SELL as long as you are the still the owner that bought the car from me.

Have done a few from current and past Portland Buyers...even from as far away as Northern California and Montana.

"All about service AFTER the sale"

leonetti likes this.
  6. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats

LOL for what..?

Is Mikey paying for this, or set it up, or put it together..???

7. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Apparently this has caused quite the hub bub with some dealers which I unfortunately did not think about when posting. For that I am sorry.

My intention was not to push sales to anyone or steal service from anyone. The intention was just to get the info out to my friends and fellow exotic owners that for a convenience (as Lambo in Portland in closed) RTGT will be allowing warrantied Lambo owners to drop cars with them for shipping to the closest authorized dealer. A secure site.

Also there are customers in the Seattle area that are already RTGT customers and sending their cars to RTGT for service already. Now an easier way to get them here.

My sincere apoligize to any dealer if I stepped on your toes.

Mike

leonetti likes this.
  8. RED GTS

RED GTS Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gungnir
    yea I saw that one coming a mile away.

9. TommyJames

TommyJames Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2008
    No reputable dealer should have their underwear in a bundle over this. It's simply a transportation solution for those who want to use it. I may use it just to move a car so I'm not bored to death with I-5. All of us get better service when we have competitive choices, right? I got so tired of taking my car in twice for service at the local Lexus dealer than I ended up going to one much further away who fixed my car correctly the first time. No dealer, regardless of brand should have a monopoly unless they earn it all on their own through terrific service. It doesn't matter what brand it is. If two dealers want to swap transports, I see that as a good thing for the car community.

10. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    No Roy. He is just using the site for one of its original purposes. Sharing information.

leonetti likes this.
  11. TommyJames

TommyJames Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2008
    Roy brings up an interesting point. The normal routine service is not a Jiffy-Lube kind of stop. For a Lamborghini owner, even if his car is in warranty, Lamborghini does not pay for normal service. Often it is the dealer that finds warranty issues when a car comes in for service. I wonder if under those circumstances, Lamborghini then picks up part of the transport cost, given that it's after the fact- the car was already in for service. As long as my car is in the warranty phase, I can't imagine not taking it to an authorized dealer. If I'm a Lamborghini owner in Portland, this is a great option and I'd use it. Then again, I actually drive my cars enough that they need regular service. No, I'd never just hand it off to anyone for service and to me it is a "big deal" to have even basic service done.

12. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    Thanks for the info new dad. I know a chunk of people up here will use RTGT for Ferrari's because they are ( as I've been told ) like 30% cheaper on typical Ferrari repairs then our Local dealer.....

leonetti likes this.
  13. yb360

yb360 Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    WA
    Full Name:
    John A.
    It isn't just the cost savings that makes the shipment to PDX worthwhile.....

The guys at RTGT are great!

leonetti likes this.
  14. F355 Spider

F355 Spider Formula 3

Jun 21, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Sonny

Mikey you should know by now, no good deed goes unpunished on F-Chat....

15. TomTerry

TomTerry Karting

Jan 20, 2008
    Is this still available, have a friend who does not want to go to Ferrari Seattle for obvious reasons.

16. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Call Kelly Brown at RTGT

leonetti likes this.