Excellent Major Service by T&R Automotive | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Excellent Major Service by T&R Automotive

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by 4RE886, Mar 31, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    4RE886,

Thanks for the warm welcome to FOG and to the September Rally. Tony is working with me on finding and F430 Spyder; I hope to get the car before September. I'm seldom on FChat; but I check my personal emails daily. I believer you have my personal email and mobile number.

I'm off to Ferrari of SF to go car shopping. I will keep you posted. It's good to have Tony on my side, so he can inspect the car before I close the deal.

Check 6.

/s/ Alfonso

2. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    #27 butcher, May 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    After hearing great things about Tony A. and TR Automotive thru word of mouth and reading the positive posts from many on this thread and personally talking to Tony A., I decided to take my car to TR Automotive to deal with my latest issue keeping my F355 of the road. After calling Tony on his cell and explaining to him my problem with the car, he told me to bring the car in promptly the following day. Aside with dealing with the issue of the rough sounds from the engine bay, I had purchased some parts that I wanted to be installed (including a challenge tow hook and a replacement engine bay molding). After promptly diagnosing the rough sounding engine bay problem the next am, Tony relayed his diagnosis and treatment plan, including options. I agree with his plan and parts were ordered. The same day, Tony informed me of some unexepected obstacle to installing the tow hook, but worked through the problem systematically and completing the install, documenting the progress all the while with pictures sent to me thru the internet. Throughout the week that the car stayed at his shop, Tony kept me up to date by either calling me, emailing me, or texting me progress reports with accomapanying pics. He promptly answered all of my questions and offered alternatives. He completed all of the duties that I asked of him and more...way more... Tony singlehandedly went over and above the usual service standards. When the car was finished there were some surprisingly complimentary services perfomed or new parts installed. I was extremely happy with the amount of work, attention to detail, and the cost incurred. When I told Tony that his work was above and beyond, he simply stated "Well with FOG, we are all like family, and you don't pay for some of those little things, here." Trust me, they weren't all "little things." Before bringing my car to TR Automotive, I had spoken with with Tony several times on FOG drive/breakfasts. He is a great guy and we are lucky to have him as a service provider to our cars.

Once again,

Thank You Tony!

Just a few Iphone pics of my car several days after being serviced by TR Automotive...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. kouroshoo7

kouroshoo7 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2007
    Full Name:
    Kourosh
    TONY = STAR

4. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    Butcher,

I visited Tony a few weeks ago and watched him work on your BEAUTIFUL and LOUD 355. Yours, by far, is the best sounding 355 I have ever heard!

I'm glad Tony rocked you out.

Check 6.

/s/ ASFJr

5. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    #30 ASFJr, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
    Tony has been awesome with me in working on helping me get an F-430 manual 6-Speed red/tan spyder.

Last night, 25-May-2011, he reviewed the dealer's PPI and service records, and he green-lit the car.

Once I complete negotiations with the dealer today, 26-May-2011, I will have this F430 in my paddock.

FinancialMan has been extremely helpful as well.

Thanks, Tony!

Check 6.

/s/ ASFJr

6. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    Hi, 4RE886.

Thanks. I hope to be participating with the F-430 by the time of the event.

I look forward to meeting you before the event, as well.

I travel a great deal; hence, I'm seldom on F-Chat.

Please continue to use my email and my "212" mobile phone number as the primary channels by which to reach me.

Check 6.

/s/ ASFJr.

7. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    Congratulations on the 430! Enjoy, and come join us on a FOG run sometime.

8. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Thanks ASFJr,

Thanks for the compliments on Monica. I really enjoy driving the F355 and she sure is pretty to look at. I appreciate getting it back from Tony in such good condition. Congratulations on the new F430 Spyder. Can't wait to see it out on one of the drives.

Butcher.

9. 4RE886

4RE886 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Bob
    A big congrats on the new car ASFJr!!

10. cr6man

cr6man Karting

Feb 22, 2011
    Land of Fruit&Nuts
    Full Name:
    Harry
    Welcome to th F430 Club!!!

11. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    Thanks, Vraiment. I would love to join y'all when I return with my F430. I live part of the year in Manhattan (NYC), but I'm sure the schedule will hook up with y'all.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Check 6.

/s/ Alfonso Faustino

12. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    Butcher,

Really cool that you name your car, too. My 328's name is Madellena.

When I bond with my 430, I will have a name for her, as well. Right now, just based on her photos, I get the names like, Shelby, Courtney, Mariella. I won't know until I slide inside her and play with her.

I look forward to seein you on the drive, as well.

Check 6.

/s/ Alfonso Faustino

13. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    Thanks, CR6Man. I hope to see you on a drive one day.

Check 6.

/s/ Alfonso

14. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    Thanks, 4RE886. I'm looking forward to meeting you; Tony speaks highly of you!

Check 6.

/s/ Alfonso

15. mpodgor

mpodgor Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2005
    San Mateo, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Michael J Podgorski
    Can you do a timing belt service on an F355?
    Sounds like you have a good reputation. Being an aircraft mechanic I can appreciate that.
    Mike

16. TAFORZA

TAFORZA Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
    San Francisco, USA
    Full Name:
    Tony A.
    Sure we can. We can perform all services needed on your 355. Please check your pm

17. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    I recently purchased a new set of Pirelli Corsa tires at a leading tire service center (that does a lot of work with exotics) for my Scud and watched as my stealth OEM anthracite wheel weights were replaced by shiny obtrusive steel weights. Not only were they unsightly, they lack the heat dissipation one needs for a car that gets tracked.

I was told that due to the EPA crackdown on lead containing wheel-balancing weights this was to be the new standard. Three days later I was on the track and ran three sessions. When I went to check my tire pressure I noted the weights were entirely gone. Someone said I might need to add chrome tape over the weights if I am going to be generating that kind of heat at the front wheels.

With all the positive words about T & R Automotive, I called Tony at T & R and mentioned the problem. He invited me to his shop to see an innovative 3M product he uses. It’s a totally lead-free flexible composite material that comes out on a roll at a thickness of 15 mm, and can be cut with precision. It’s like a thick tape itself, with a similar finish to the anthracite wheels.

Due to its flexibility and low profile, Tony was able to place the weight strip discretely behind the spoke on both front wheels. Moreover, two days later I tracked the car for more time, hotter laps, heavier breaking, and at the end of the day the weights were still well secured, seemingly unaffected by the heat. I wasn’t just impressed with the product but also with Tony and his service center. Within a few minutes after showing me the product he had the Scud up on the rack and the wheels on the balancing system. He also noticed the center panel had dropped out of my rear diffuser. Like a pit-crew, he and one of his techs were on it with power tools and had it off in a couple of minutes, located the panel inside and trimmed it out with an insulating liner to prevent any contact noise, before reinstalling it.

I have to agree with the above posts. T & R is an impressive operation. Clean, well organized, and run by a courteous and knowledgeable pro. Thanks Tony and T & R for resolving the wheel balancing weights problem, and then some!

18. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    what happened to rico, doesnt he still work on your car?

19. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    #44 ASFJr, May 31, 2011
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
    Hi, Sledge 4.2.

I stopped going because I got tired of the poor service and having my Ferrari on the back of a flatbed each time I got my car back. The last time he did my major service, which cost me around $6000, he lost one of my battery lug nuts. After constantly ca,ling him to replace, three months later, he finally replaced it.

The straw that broke my back, took place about four months ago. The rubber air intake boot broke. I called him to get me a replacement, and to this day, he never got back to me.

In comes Tony.

My girlfriend and I were driving around, and I saw Tony. I told him about my rubber air intake boot needing to be replaced, and within one day, he got the rubber air intake boot and replaced it for me.

So, Tony is my technician. Ever since that incident, Tony has been working on my 328, and he has been a blessing and a great find.

I'm in Seattle now; I just purchased my F430 Spyder from Ferrari Of Seattle, and Tony will be servicing her.

I'm on an iPad; hence, I'm unable to upload pictures. When I get home to SF, I will upload pics.

Thanks for asking.

Check 6.

/s/ Alfonso

20. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    Hi, all.

I just posted pics and a write-up of my F-430 experience.

Many thanks to Tony Abdulmassih and FinancialMan for putting up with all my questions via mobile phone, text messages, and emails.

The first person I saw when I returned to SF from Seattle was my sister; the next person I saw was Tony, and he is checking out my car for a safety inspection and all that technical stuff that he does so well.

He will put the Cavallino Rampante on my fuel door.

Today, 2-June-2011, I will bring her to Tony to get my 20% window tints on the two windows, and I am noodling with the idea of a 50% window tint on windshield.

Here is the link to my F430 Post: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=140563321#post140563321

Check 6.

/s/ Alfonso

21. TomTerry

TomTerry Karting

Jan 20, 2008
    Does he have the equipment to diagnose an electrical issue on an Enzo

22. TAFORZA

TAFORZA Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
    San Francisco, USA
    Full Name:
    Tony A.
    Hi Tom
    Yes we do have the equipment. Please check your pm

23. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    #48 ASFJr, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    After I purchased my F430 Spyder (call sign: Saphira), I consulted with TAFORZA to find ways to improve her looks and driveability.

Here are some of the updates TAFORZA executed; I will post pictures after each completion. (I'm waiting for the LED track lights to come in -- once they do, TAFORZA will install them in the headlight chamber, and I will shoot pictures.)

1) Black out my windows: 20% film. (Illegal)
    2) I need visibility at 4 o'clock, 5 o'clock, 7 o'clock, and 8 o'clock positions. TAFORZA installed special side mirrors that incorporate a slight bend at the edges that eliminates my blind spots.
    3) Paint my rear diffuser black with a special bumper paint to provide a stronger contrast against the red bumper and resist chips.
    4) Change my horn to the Ferrari air horn; the existing horn sounds like an American car horn -- not cool-sounding for a Ferrari.
    5) Install chrome tips to my exhaust pipes.
    6) iPhone/iPod cable adapter. (Pending)
    7) Coat my rims to resist brake dust.
    8) Install dust-free brake pads. (Pending)
    9) Black out my tail-lights. (Illegal)
    10) Cavallino Rampante on my petrol cap door.
    11) Windscreen film to protect against chips (Pending: Premier: Diamond Fusion: 1-July-2011)
    12) Install Audi R8-style LED lights inside the headlight chambers. (Pending)
    13) Perma Coat her paint to resist debris (e.g., bird droppings, sap, water, etc.)
    14) Check right front rim for safety -- spin it to make sure it is true and not bent; I hit a pot-hole at 35 MPH at FOG's Milk Run a few Saturday's ago. Rim checked out to be true and not damaged. Front suspension units are not damaged either -- it sounded more terrible than it really was. Thank God!

Before and after each Milk Run, I have TAFORZA conduct a safety inspection on Saphira and Madellena for road worthiness.

Great work, TAFORZA!

Check 6.

/s/ Alfonso Faustino

24. maestro8

maestro8 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 2, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I know it is such a silly detail, but the air horn brings me (and most who hear it) almost as much joy as the sound of the engine.

Happy to hear you'll be tooting an Italian tune out the front AND the back in your new car!

25. kouroshoo7

kouroshoo7 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2007
    Full Name:
    Kourosh
    #50 kouroshoo7, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
    A while back Tony asked me to bring the car in so he can go through all the fluids.
    I dropped of my car and left. 1 day later I get a call to pick up the car. I show up and my car is clean and spotless.
    I thanked him and left.

A few days later while I was driving the car, I went to pick up Nathan for a quick spin. When I got to his house I lightly pressed the honk button...... BAAAM what did I hear... the old school ferrari air horns. I pressed it again and again..... I couldnt believe my ears. Like music.

What a nice gift and treat. Thanks Tony for the present and the surprise. U DA BEST.

K
    check / 007