Enzo at the limit! | FerrariChat

Enzo at the limit!

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Ferrari 360 CS, Jun 5, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Was browsing around and found this, not sure who is driving but whoever he is he has some skill! Its not like those corners are low speed in nature, thats pretty high speed oversteer.

Enjoy

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3oCn8Yn304[/ame]

2. Dipsomaniac

Dipsomaniac F1 Veteran

Mar 23, 2006
    Doha/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Derek K
    saw it long a time ago & really enjoyed watching it again. thanks for posting

3. X11OUD

X11OUD Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2008
    Manchester, England
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I'm thinking that isn't the first time he's driven around that track lol
    That was awesome driving! Thanks for posting.

4. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Very nice, felt like I was riding along with him. :cool:

5. stockholm996TT

Apr 3, 2007
    I believe that is Manuma driving

6. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
  7. SlvSurfer

SlvSurfer Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2005
    Monaco/Canada
    1 handed drift at 2.40 is awesome!

8. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    The driver is a member here.

9. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Incredible driving, really a joy to watch. What struck me was this wasnt the usual low speed corner oversteer but rather high speed oversteer and the car control is quite awesome to watch.

10. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    #10 Ferrarista3, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
    Indeed.

There are many videos on the net of him tracking various cars (including their black FXX).

Always fun to watch :)

11. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Incredible driving.

12. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    #12 werewolf, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
    OK, i don't mean to offend anyone and PLEASE disregard this post if you disagree, but i'm just not as impressed by the driving skill.

YES, it does demonstrate a high degree of control to go just past the limit on each & every turn, and correct to prevent an oversteer spin. BUT ... that's just not the fastest way around a turn :(

It's faster to drive smoothly, with less steering input, always keeping the chassis just shy (barely) of the limit ... rather than pushing just past the limit and correcting on every turn. The fastest drivers always apply just the right amount of steering input, almost casually & effortlessly, rather than pushing beyond the limit and constantly correcting.

No, I'm not a professional driver. But i've had some training :) and i've been fortunate enough to see some of the very best practice their art.

As i said, no offense intended. Please feel free to ignore me :)

EDIT : the fastest drivers are BORING to watch ... not exciting ;)

13. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    Balls out for sure.

14. GFUracing

GFUracing Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2005
    Ahwatukee Foothills
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    nice video! I love how the driver takes his hands off the wheel to explain something to the passenger and the passenger is like "yeah yeah keep driving" LOL

15. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    Johannes van Overbeek took me out in my Enzo at Laguna Seca. It was amazing how he could just get to the very threshold of oversteer at every turn and rotate just a fraction of a degree. Challenge cars could not keep up with us. It was not boring for me!

Unfortunately I only have the memories. We didn't have a camera in the car.

16. nizam

nizam Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 9, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Ni Zam
    Whew.

I need a cigarette now.

17. Art

Art Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Southern California
    Someone what that degree on car control most definitely knows the fastest way around the track. I bet he was just having some fun and not trying to set any lap records.

18. Ligu

Ligu Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2009
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Michele
    He says: "Do you want to make another lap or are you fed up?"

I like the single-handed drift while showing four fingers of the free hand (I'm in fourth gear) !!! :)

19. Ligu

Ligu Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2009
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Michele
    He posted several videos here but was attacked by some members who said that he was dangerous and not skilled. That's why he rarely posts again.
    For what concerning his skills, he once wrote that in one session at Fiorano with his FXX, he set a better time than another driver who tested the same car on the same day. This driver was a certain Dario Benuzzi...

The last time we had a mail exchange, he invited me to take a ride with him. Too bad I had never the chance to meet him again... so far! ;)

P.s. Manu, sei forte!

20. ferrarist

ferrarist Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Istanbul / TURKEY
    Full Name:
    I.K.
    nice piece of driving thanks for the post! enjoyed it.

21. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #21 Peloton25, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm quite certain that someone with the skill to drive a car that way is well aware of the gospel you are preaching. Also, he certainly appeared to be the fastest car on the track. ;)

Be careful handing the keys to that guy. He was responsible for the image you see below. :eek:

>8^)
    ER
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    ...Extreme Speed Motorsports also had a rough day, as Johannes van Overbeek was behind Patrick Long's Porsche 911 and Jan Magnussen's Corvette when the two cars bumped and his Ferrari 458 suffered major damage when he tried to get around the pair.

"I didn't want to be the first guy to wreck a 458 in the world," van Overbeek said. "Not a lot of spare parts are out and I feel really bad for everyone on the team and Patron."

23. Ferrari_Michael

Ferrari_Michael Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    WHAT!!! He knows how to drive a forklift too!!?? :)

Hey, Shumi has had some off's too but I wouldn't mind him taking my stuff for a ride (wife excluded!)

Regards
    Mike James

24. Manuma

Manuma Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2004
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Manu
    Yes it's me!

I think the video that I love more !

I love it because it was a fabolous day, I was there with one of my best friend driving the gt3rs, the Enzo and the Fxx. I was faster than all the others so I wasn't chellenged and I wanted only to have fun with him.

I love the Enzo and how it is, at minute 1.22 it slided at 210km/h!!! And it seemed it was at 100. She is easy and fun, I think I can do whatever I want with it, much more that with the gt2 or the GTO or others.
    I love it.

I had old tyres and so I decided to powerslide and as you see I was in fourth gear sometimes.

It was the same day of the famous Fxx at Rijeka.

When I opened my site I did it because also if I have beautiful cars, when I see anothers passing in the street I love to watch them and if they spin I am happy.
    So I decided to upload videos with spin and powerslides, how often can we see fast cars doing it?

Also with the Fxx at Rijeka I was doing all the wrong things to make it oversteer, have you ever seen other videos doing this?!

Usually I gave them to Elim Videos because he wanted them in his channel, I never posted them on YouTube.

Then I discover how many people were watching them and how many comments.

Like fxx donuts, everyone was saying rich people trowing away money, do they think am I stupid? We used the tyres and we have to change them to put on a new set so I decided to have fun. I would never do it otherwise (6000 euro per set)

After many insult from 15 years old boy I posted a perfect lap (for a gentleman driver like me) and no one looked at it, it is boring, so I don't record on track so often as I did and I don't upload them online anymore.

The last one at Mugello was in a private link that I posted here after months or ages that I didn't

25. BigWilly

BigWilly Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2009
    I love to see these machines driven the way they were built to drive. It is great to see people enjo them. Please post more videos.