ANYONE HAVE TINTED WINDOWS ON THERE 360,550,575 ECT... | FerrariChat

ANYONE HAVE TINTED WINDOWS ON THERE 360,550,575 ECT...

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Buttuz4eva, Feb 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    I cant make up my mind about tinting the windows in my 360 can someone show me there tints I have a black modena but any color car will do THANKS.

2. DMClark

DMClark Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dean Clark
    Two pictures I have of one:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

Saw tint on a red 355. do not like it. Don't do it!

Man- why would you buy a ferrari if you don't want people to see you in it?

Plus the 360 visibility isn't great anyway.

4. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle

Are you serious, I bought the car for me it's been a dream of mine since I was little to own one of these amazing cars. I don't give a fat babys dick about being seen in it actually the car get enough attention and its black I could not even imagine if the car was red or yellow. I can't believe some people buy these cars for status reasons. Do you think theres enough head room in the 355 for your head?

Anyway the picks of the silvet one is awsome any one else want show me there car tinted I wouldnt tint the back window.

5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Buttuz: I have a black 550, and saw pictures of one that's tinted. I too am considering tinting it, and totally agree that I would much prefer people don't see me in it - stealth is good and I bought the car for me.

Here's a few examples of a tinted black 550 which belongs to a gentleman in Austin, TX:

--Dan

6. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John

7. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Dan, do you know, are those Fikse wheels? and what exhaust is this gentleman from Austin running? Just a stunning car, thats all I can say.

8. keof50

keof50 Guest

if you do tint the windows don't do the back one, you want to still see the engine, well thats my opinion. But ithink black 360's with black windows are realy stealthy, one of my avourite colour combo's. I have seen a black 360 with black wheels as well that looked very nice also

9. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    Thats what I am sayin black 360 black wheels and tints lowered 1 inch as well already got the tubi. test pipes are next. There is nothing like a mean modena and all black is mean as they come give me some more pics of your tinted cars

10. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    River: exhaust is CarGraphic. Dave and I both have that same exhaust. From what I can tell, they are Fiske wheels and he lowered the car some too.

I'm definetly keeping the stock wheels on, but imitating his tint is tempting.

--Dan

11. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    How does the cargraphic exhaust sound?

12. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    I think black tint on a black car DOES work...especially a 360 or TR...it makes it look that much more sinister.

This guy Jim Schad on FChat had a black TR in his profile with tinted windows and it looked awesome!

This coming from me...a guy who does not like all kinds of other BS added to a car.

My 2 cents

Cheers,

TTG

13. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Buttuz, I agree with you about the tint btw. Its nice to be a bit hidden in cars that attract so much attention anyway. If you want to be visible, roll the window down! A tinted, lowered black Modena with a really nice exhaust note would work for me, I say go for it.

14. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    John: come down to one of our NorCal meets. Do a search, I described it in decent detail.

--Dan

15. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    #15 Tomf-1, Feb 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Tint looks awesome in black. I just got my 512tr delivered yesterday. It's silky black on tan and the car is tinted....It gives it a very stealth and ominous look..... See the picture below.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee

17. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
  18. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i prefer tinted windows. on the cars i keep its the absolute FIRST thing i do. some are " legal " tint, others are limo black. i dont care about the tickets, never been an issue in 17 years of driving.
    good reasons: 1) protects you in an accident from the glass as stated in previous post.
    2) keep punk and thieves from seeing you , what you have ect........
    3) sometimes it pays NOT to advertise what sex / race/ body type /age ect you are.
    ever been in a bad part of town in a nice car and wish you were not in it with a $$$ watch and your life and wallet for the taking???? ferrari's are for performance not looks. love the pics folks, keep them coming!!!

19. Dave@EFI

Dave@EFI Rookie

Jan 13, 2004

Beautiful! Looks like SW's stable. I say go for the tint!

20. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    blah. whatever. No doubt the car was given to you as grand prize in a speech eloquence contest.

So much for posting my real opinion instead of happy conjecture.

21. twatson

twatson Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    I have a 550 with the side and back windows tinted. Although it might be nice in the summer here in out hot valley, it is a pain in the butt to see where I am going when backing up at night. I have seriously given thought to removing the tint.... it came with the car when I bought it and would have not put it on intially given the choice.

22. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Post some pics ****son. Would be interested in seeing how she looks with shades on.

Dan, superb pictures! Gone in the archive. Thanks for posting.

23. twatson

twatson Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    #23 twatson, Feb 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. davequick

davequick Formula Junior

May 27, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Quick
  25. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Exactly right. The only reason I hesitate is outlined by ****son below: issues with visibility. While a light tint might be ok, anything dark (20%) would make night driving a pain. And given that I do ~1200 miles / month on it, I'd much rather keep it as functional as possible. I agree, though, that his car looks great.

--Dan