Does anyone recognise this Ferrari 512 M ? | FerrariChat

Does anyone recognise this Ferrari 512 M ?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by arttidesco, Jun 8, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arttidesco

arttidesco Karting

Oct 6, 2010
    Bristol
    Full Name:
    Ralph Colmar
    #1 arttidesco, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was at Silverstone a couple of weeks ago and spotted this 512 M, I have seen other photo's of it on the internet saying that it has recently been driven by Steven Read and David Franklin at Le Mans and on one site saw the chassis number given as #1024 the car the mysterious, to me, 'Pam' used in a couple of Interserie events in 1971.

Can anyone confirm the chassis number. Thanking you in anticipation of your responses, all relevant replies will be duly credited in a forth coming blog :)

Cheers

Ralph

http://www.psychoontyres.blogspot.com/
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Looks like an ex-Scuderia Filipinetti livery. Not sure of all the s/n cars that ran for SF, but they also included 1048 and 1050.

CW

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    + 1 for Fillipinetti

4. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    The only ex-Filipinetti car I've spent any time around was Hollfelder's (1048). I know a few of these cars well-enough (Giordano's 1046 and the ex-Arnott 1006) to say that racing them now (as then) is a scary idea.

CW

5. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    This is 1024...

6. arttidesco

arttidesco Karting

Oct 6, 2010
    Bristol
    Full Name:
    Ralph Colmar
    Thanks Aardy :)

I can imagine any of the '69 / 71 Group 5 cars are a bit brutal to drive :)

7. arttidesco

arttidesco Karting

Oct 6, 2010
    Bristol
    Full Name:
    Ralph Colmar
  8. don

don Karting

Jan 7, 2004
    Dunedin Florida USA
    Full Name:
    Don Nelson
    Some time in the Early 70's, I tried to track down an Ex Filipinetti 512M, which I thought would go well with my Ex Filipinetti 250GTO and 250LM (Those were the days!). I finally found someone who knew a car's whereabouts, and it was sitting in an orchard, missing almost everything. My Filipinetti contact at the time, told me that Ferrari was quite happy to sell the team a 512, but wouldn't supply any spare parts, and so 2 cars were bought, one as a parts department. Unfortunately David Piper hadn't bought his stash of P car parts by then, so the thought of trying to find all four corners, an engine and a gearbox made me walk away. Unlike today when anything can be re-made, restoring an old competition Ferrari in the 60's and 70's was a daunting prospect.
    Don