Internships and Resumes | FerrariChat

Internships and Resumes

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by TimN88, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    After being informed that i will most likely not be medically cleared (due to plates and screws in my forearm as a result of a fracture) to go to marines OCS this summer, I think i should start looking for an engineering internship. If anyone here who either works in the field of mechanical engineering or hires mechanical engineers would be so kind as to read over my resume (and subsequently my cover letter) and comment on it, i would appriciate it. Either say it here, or send me a PM and i will PM my resume to you.

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Too bad about the plate issue. Not to beat a dead horse, but have you double checked your information? Is this true with the other services? Thru, my daughter, I know a guy who is finishing his second year at the Air Force Academy. Do you want me to check with him? Even though he is a major jock, he has some issue that is keeping him from flying.

Good Luck, Dale

3. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I actually double checked with the requirements. The hardware in my arm isnt easily succeptable to trauma, and my wrist has the required range of motion (which is lucky for me because people usually dontr get it all back). The recuiter said that even if i get them removed, my chances wont be much higher.

http://usmilitary.about.com/library/milinfo/intmedstandards/blintmedstandards.htm

This is the page where i found all the info regrading medical clearance. I'm still waiting for the recruiter to call me back to see if i can get a waiver.