Interesting Phone Call from FofS | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Interesting Phone Call from FofS

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Steve, Oct 17, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355 Spider

F355 Spider Formula 3

Jun 21, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Sonny
    Wasn't me, don't think I have been to either.... But I did enter a cave with a fire breathing beast once up on a time... Oh wait, that was you in the 40 and I in the 355 on the way to Cannon beach a while back... memories....Where's my friggen cam corder when I need it...

Glad to hear you are healing up good my friend... And good luck on your pursuit...

2. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    It isn't just FoS.:p

3. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Well I am for one am doing quite GOOD in the car market this year..have no complaints..

so I guess you need to speak from experiance not just what you think..

4. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Roy- You always stand to be unique! (Very happy for you)

5. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    #30 cmparrenzo, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
    No good deed goes unpunished....

I would have been upset if he had not called me, if I was a valued customer, I would appreciate a call wondering if they had done something to upset me.

You were not "outed", you were recognized.

Outing is when someone calls and says he caught you sleeping with your wife's sister... or brother.

If you are shy then a F40 is the wrong car, but since we know you are not, I think it is just part of owning a rare car, but I suspect you know that better than I.

I amazed how many times I have gone out to dinner and someone I barely know tells me where I was and when... or its on Fchat or another site.

Get to feeling better, FoSf have always been good to me, I doubt Mark meant anything bad.

I hope that FoSF keeps being a class act now that Boardwalk bought them...

6. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I could be wrong, but I think the thread was talking about Ferrari of SEATTLE.

7. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I get these calls too with my Audi. I always give them perfect marks unless they screw something up. The reason is because I've been on the other side of the coin and they don't deserve the problems that befall them from bad ratings unless they've really done something bad to deserve it. As the service manager says, Audi comes down on them hard for that.

8. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    #33 Spasso, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
    Good for you!

My EXPERIENCE is that I am doing BETTER this year than I was last year.
    My powers of observation tell me many people and businesses are NOT...............

9. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    #34 cmparrenzo, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
    Rules I should follow:

1. Take a geography course.

2. Remember that Brad at Ferrari of San Fransico is not Mark at Ferrari of Seattle.

3. That while I love the Northwest, perhaps I should stay in the Midwest where I belong...

4. Remember when to keep my opinions to myself.

5. Realize that I was "outed" and leave gracefully...

10. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    But if they're doing a less then stellar job and I rate them inaccurately, how will they ever improve?

11. TomTerry

TomTerry Karting

Jan 20, 2008
    And we have heard many times about how badly FoS treated you from the Lambo side chats. No wonder they call to see why FoS clients go elsewhere!

Now Mike announced many can go to Ron Tonkin as an alternative with easy shipping!

Please be careful with strong medications

12. CliffBeer

CliffBeer Formula 3

Apr 3, 2005
    Seattle, Washington
    Full Name:
    Cliff
    I don't get what the big deal is. FoS obviously was concerned that a valued customer may have chosen to do business elsewhere and made a polite call to see if that was the case - the point being to find out what could be done to retain the customers goodwill. Some folks might think that's a bit intrusive, but that's often how really valued customers are handled, and it's not so bad. A bit of hand holding is usually appreciated.

I'm not a big fan of FoS because they seriously screwed over my older brother on a car purchase. It was many years ago - back when Steve Bain (sp) was the owner/operator - but it was a really bad situation, completely brought about by FoS. It almost came to the point of flying fists in the office but Steve was smart enough to know he'd get his rear end kicked in front of a customers so he wisely compromised. Still, a really poor situation, and it leaves a lasting bad taste. Sounds like the current owners/operators are doing a very good job for customers now.

13. TomTerry

TomTerry Karting

Jan 20, 2008
    A friend said he would never take his Ferrari there and it is better he transport it to Tonkin

14. M Baker

M Baker Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2010
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I have not purchased a car from FoS, so I cannot speak directly to those experiences. I have been treated well when I have visited FoS.

However, I am in the car business and whenever I hear "a friend said" or "someone I know said" I roll my eyes... I think it's better to leave these negative comments out unless you have the specifics from your own personal experience with the exact who, what, when, why, and where spelled out.

15. RED GTS

RED GTS Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gungnir
    Oh good grief, why did you resurrect this one. and now I have added to the foolishness shame on both of us.