The many "Special Editions" | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The many "Special Editions"

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by fish78, Jun 8, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I doff my cap to any company that can extract $3,100 from customers to paint a car silver.

2. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    You can get a Boxster Spyder in cream white for $3,100. For that, just leave a Carrara White Boxster Spyder outside for a year or two...the paint will yellow naturally for free!

Comparatively, Ferrari's paint options are insanely priced. I was at the Ferrari Showroom on Park Ave about 2 weeks ago. They had a metallic yellow 458. The rep mentioned that their metalic yellow was a $27,000 option, and if you wanted the roof painted a different color, like black...thats another $15,000! Anyone remember the days when you got a black roof just for free by geting a GTS?

3. CRAIGF355

CRAIGF355 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    CRAIG ANDERSON

I ready don't know about the blocks but I know it's not the direct injection block, Last but not least is the crank shaft is from the RSR race car and that my friends makes this pure bad to the bone. I Think they kinda stole the Idea from SharkWerks but I not going there today. Can't wait for the 991 or 998 gt3 rs or what ever they name it comes out, this car will be tuff to beat.

4. fish78

fish78 F1 Rookie

Sep 10, 2004
    Georgia
    How could you do that...its the Carrera Red seats that make the car special...JK, but I do like the silver on top of bright red.

5. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    From a good source the next Boxster will look really cool, he said will look like a mini carrera gt.

6. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #31 Dino944, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
    Easy, I went to two different dealers and one tried to screw me! One dealer had silver/gray with a lot more options, one had silver/red. I liked both, but the dealer with silver/red was playing games with the numbers. We talked on the phone and agreed on a price, but when I arrived and he wanted almost 4K more than we discussed, and even though his car only had 100 miles on it and they said it was a new car on the phone, in person I learned it was a used car and Porsche punched the warranty card so a year and a half was gone on the warranty and they would not CPO the car. The other dealer was a pleasure to deal with, no $ games, his car had 100 miles on it too, they CPO's the car so I got a car with a little over 5 years warranty, and a car with about $2K more in options for less money than the other dealer wanted. The red interior is a love it or hate it thing (some of my friends that saw photos hated it). Besides I figured I already have a red and crema interior in my 328.

Best regards,
    Dino

7. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Excellent! Now I'm really glad I waited to see what the next Boxsters will look like rather than trading the RS60 toward a Boxster Spyder.

Best regards,
    Dino

8. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    Reading this months Porshce Panorama, the GT3 RS 4.0 was the cover and featured car. In the text as well as in an inserted picture, states and shows that 600 will be built. And it says that MAYBE 200 or so will come to the US. So the 1/3 number was pretty much spot on. The plaque in the car shows "#/600" to avoid any confusion on the production numbers.

Reading about this car makes me even more intrigued. The only downside is that its more than likely very uncomfortable, not that it matters on the track.