Anyone have info on this 1990 348 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone have info on this 1990 348

Discussion in '348/355' started by bosshog8, Jun 19, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Just because someone posts on an internet chat site doesn't mean in any way they take better care of their car. That's just a crazy line of reasoning.

2. Janzen

Janzen Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Oklahoma/Texas
    Full Name:
    Janzen
    Actually that's my car, and it's in pretty good shape

3. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    #28 jmiff348, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
    I think most of us who frequently post on this Internet forum do actually take very good care of their cars. And the written record certainly helps in many cases when it comes time to sell it. :)

4. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    Sure it is ! You are part of the brotherhood and we do take care our cars !

5. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    Amen, bro!

6. mlambert890

mlambert890 Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2002
    CA
    The mythos is that there are thousands of pristine, sorted, Ferraris around that need nothing and are going for a song.

Reality is that this is complete BS, but i am sure will remain a topic forever. I've seen these discussions perpetually during my near ten years reading fchat

I've met dozens of owners. None who bought used bought perfect cars cheap. They don't and can't exist outside of extreme outlier cases.

If I ever reached the point where I could afford ownership I'd happily "overpay" for a members car rather than pretend I got a great deal on some crap box that ends up needing 25k

7. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    You are so right !

8. Janzen

Janzen Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Oklahoma/Texas
    Full Name:
    Janzen
    I think you guys are spot on. At least FChatters are aware of the (maybe not so obvious) strengths and weaknesses of these cars and you would think it's a more honest representation than you'd get from a used car dealer for example.

Also, all things being relative I think we have a better idea of our car's value.

In my case, due to my job and relocation, I've lost my garage. These cars don't do well sitting in storage, and if it weren't for that fact I'd never sell it. It's been the best, most fun, sports car I've ever owned.