HURRAY KAROSSERIE IS UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP!! | FerrariChat

HURRAY KAROSSERIE IS UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP!!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by 599GTOowner, Jun 22, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 599GTOowner

599GTOowner Rookie

Jun 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Anthony Cici
    I just spoke to my contact at Algar and he said that Karosserie was purchased by a new group. The word is that new ownership currently owns 6 high line collision repair facilities throughout the Delaware Valley so they are not new to the business. I never had a problem with the quality of work at Karosserie only the amount of time it took to get my car back. I was told that Karosserie is running so smoothly now and cars are moving in and out of there so expeditiously. I am so happy to know that if I ever need repairs done on my 599 I have someone that’s located in my back yard that does great work. Who ever it is that purchased Karosserie…….THANK YOU!!!

2. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yes it is true. As I understand it, f-chat's own Mike Pannilonis will be running the operation there. Karosserie is an excellent shop, and with Mike running the show, things can only get better!.

Congrats!

3. 599GTOowner

599GTOowner Rookie

Jun 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Anthony Cici
    #3 599GTOowner, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
    Yea I see his name all over this chat room. I heard the person that's running the show there though is Steve (not sure how he spells it) Either way with Mike's knowlege of foreign cars and new management leading the way, Karosserie will be in good hands!!!

4. MPalilonis

MPalilonis Karting

Sep 30, 2003
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks 599GTOowner! Stop by sometime, I'd love to see your car.

Mike

5. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I wonder how Dick von Medacis is doing?? He used to own Karosserie and I dealt with him and he was a great guy. I know he had some health issues, hope all is well for him.

Mike was a great help as well when my car was there. I am sure all will be well if he is there and they keep their master craftsmen.

6. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    #6 CornersWell, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
    It's just sad to see someone like DvM eaten away by disease. Tough to watch, and a great Gentleman in every sense of the word. I heard about this several weeks ago and wished him well then. And, I hope the new ownership group is successful, but maintains the highest standards and quality of work. Unfortunately, I've given Karosserie too much business over the years.

CW

7. Bobert

Bobert Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2004
    Oak Hill VA
    Dick von Medacis was absolutely outstanding at dealing with the insurance companies on covering repair costs. He was well respected by them and although the process was slow, I beleive he was aces at getting things covered. Sorry to hear he has health issues.

Bobert

8. Rafienva

Rafienva Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2004
    North Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Ralph(Rafi) Cestero
    Congratulations to the new owners! They have a tough act to follow. Their work was flawless, it took forever however the results were phenomenal. I dealt with Karosserie from the early 90's and Dick was the perfect "gentlemen", always. I wish him the best and pray that a cure is found for that terrible disease.

9. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    DvM did some work on my old Mondial and it came back better than new. Sad to hear of his health issues and I wish him the best.

Congrats to the new owners and please keep the quality in the spirit of their history.

-dsd