Mel Gibson...Entrepreneur DELUXE!!!!! | FerrariChat

Mel Gibson...Entrepreneur DELUXE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by darth550, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Fridays' first estimate is $23,240,000. He is quickly up to 64MM. Mel's folly is now in the black! So let me get this straight... Mel Gibson (Hollywood actor/producer/entrepreneur) passes his version of the collection plate, everyone debates, hype runs rampant, EVEN CHURCHES madly recycle their collected funds to him by buying out entire showings at local theaters!!!!!!!

At around ten bucks a pop, he walks away with (most likely) NINE FIGURES....who knows, maybe TEN!!! (ARNOLD HAD TO MOVE FROM THE PACIFIC PALISADES TO SACRAMENTO, WILL BE SCAMMING AND KISSING ASSES FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS FOR HIS BILLION!) Who is smarter now?

Benny Hinn and the like have GOT TO BE re-thinking their age old approaches to the BUSINESS OF RELIGION as we speak!

Bravo Mel...bravo!

DL

2. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    Yea, Mel is making some serious bank from all this, I highly doubt he will see a billion though.

3. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    All the power to him. Studios are eating it on this one because there weren't any happy meal tie-ins or happy endings. It didn't toe the corporate line, so he stepped out and backed it himself. Good for Gibson.

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Well, Christ's resurrection should be a happy ending! ;-)

5. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Good for Mel, if those nit wits in Hollywood didn't back him up, he proved the old adage put your money where your mouth is.

6. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    Yeah, but it's not all profit, is it? I've heard that a movie doesn't start making money until it grosses 3 times the cost. Therefore, a $50 million production needs to gross $150 million before it starts making a profit. I don't know if this is true, and we've all heard stories of Holywood accounting irregularities, but any businessman knows that there are expenses to be paid before profit is made.

It looks like he'll make a lot of $$, and he deserves it. How many of you would risk $50 million on something you believe in? I'll bet he gives a lot of it to charity. It's nice to see an American who cares more about his beliefs than he does about the almighty dollar.

7. larz

larz Rookie

Feb 27, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
    Bill I agree. I thought the movie made the amount it took to make it on the first day. For sure it will exceed 3x that. Agree with Mel's version or not at least he is a stand up guy and doesn't give in to pressure or image. Not lots of people out there like that. He can afford to at this point.

8. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Saturday's receipts are in. $32,848,000. Mel is over 100MM.

DL