PPI - Maserati of Sacramento | FerrariChat

PPI - Maserati of Sacramento

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by vantage78, Jun 27, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vantage78

vantage78 Karting

Apr 1, 2007
    Hello all,

Thought I'd pose this query in the region section. I'm looking to get a PPI done for a F430. Any cons/experiences with using Maserati of Sacramento?

Thanks all.

2. KatMan

KatMan Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Stan K
    Will they even do an extensive PPI? Word is that Ferrari Dealers will no longer do PPIs

3. vantage78

vantage78 Karting

Apr 1, 2007
    Apparently they still do. Full PPI, and also option for Full PPI + compression test).

Maybe because it's a Maser dealer?

4. PT 328

PT 328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2005
    #4 PT 328, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
    I would check with Ben Salerno of Salerno Motorsports in Rocklin, CA to see if he will do it for you. I have nothing bad to say about Mas of Sacramento but I would definitely trust Ben with anything Ferrari related. He and his family are fantastic.

http://www.salernomotorsports.com/Salerno_Motorsports.html

5. KatMan

KatMan Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Stan K
    I'm with Dan. An independent PPI may be a good idea.

6. F1.360.LOVER

F1.360.LOVER Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Ben Salerno is the best. Give him a call.

7. vantage78

vantage78 Karting

Apr 1, 2007
    #7 vantage78, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks guys. Price is agreed, and I have a PPI scheduled for tomorrow at Maserati of Sacramento. Full PPI with compression test.

I've heard great things about Ben and his shop. The car in question is actually being sold from his son Chuck, who runs his own business (Autobahn Autos). No doubt if it was someone else selling the car, I'd consider Ben first.

Nothing against Ben and his family; I have no reason to doubt that this car is anything less than spectacular. Based on the responses I've heard in the forum, everyone has had nothing but great things to say about the Salernos. That actually sets my mind at ease! However, this is my first time buying a Ferrari, and I wish I had the confidence to just "go with it". At the end of the day, you are responsible for your own choices and decisions and so I need to be objective as well.

I hope to be joining the ranks shortly! :)

8. PT 328

PT 328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2005
    Well, you are having your car inspected by the second best shop in the area. :)

Congratulations on your first Ferrari.

9. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    Maybe I'm wrong,but I heard that Eric Corfee car care does all the work for Maserati of Sacramento

10. KatMan

KatMan Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Stan K
    If you wait to buy till July 1st, you will save a chunk of money. CA sales tax goes down by 1 per cent.

11. PT 328

PT 328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2005
    As does the registration.

12. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    That's no longer the case, from what I've heard, irondogmike.

And good suggestions on waiting until Friday to buy the car - registration and sales taxes savings will be substantial for you!

Orrie

13. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    Congratulations on the 430!

Come join us for a FOG drive anytime!

14. vantage78

vantage78 Karting

Apr 1, 2007
    Thanks guys for all the suggestions and well wishes! I really appreciate it.

Would love the opportunity to do a FOG drive! Unfortunately, I'm actually in Houston, TX so the car will be coming here. Wish TX taxes would go down by 1% as well. ;)

15. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Saw your car this morning, as I dropped mine off (what else is new?...). Hope you don't mind, I took it for a quick spin, didn't go higher than 160 mph. Just kidding!... I hit 172 mph... Kidding again!

Looks like a truly gorgeous automobile, I wish you the best of times with it!

Orrie

16. vantage78

vantage78 Karting

Apr 1, 2007
  17. vantage78

vantage78 Karting

Apr 1, 2007
    Glad to know she prances at 172 mph!! ;) Seriously though, thanks for kind words.

Playing the waiting game. Anticipation is bad now, but I can only imagine what it will feel like the day before!