Ferrari 348TB for sale in Ottawa | FerrariChat

Ferrari 348TB for sale in Ottawa

Discussion in 'Canada' started by TCJ1965, Jun 29, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TCJ1965

TCJ1965 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Hello All!

It is not everyday you see a Ferrari for sale outdoors on a car lot in Ottawa but here is one! I saw in on Autotrader.ca (AD ID: 5-11148710). So tonight my wife and I took a little drive to see it.

I talked to a salesman briefly and he told me it was traded in on a Porsche 911. It has all the tools, books and pouches but no service records. He mentioned that it is due for a "belt service" for $3500. I did a carfax on it and it has come from Montreal a couple of years ago.

It is not a show car and has a paint chip and cracks in the front right wheel well edge but overall it looked nice. The horse on the front may not be original. The dealership is asking $40,000. Pics on Auto trader. Vin# is ZFFFA35S000091317

Cheers!
    Terry Jones
    Ottawa

2. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    This car looks very familiar. I am almost certain someone on here knows it.

3. TCJ1965

TCJ1965 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    #3 TCJ1965, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    After a while they all start to look familiar....... I am sure it will find a new home hopefully for some local Tifosi! Here are some pics!

Cheers!
    Terry Jones
    Ottawa
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    Who ever buys it should get it check out first you,ll never know what you,ll find.

5. Scuderia_Ferrari

Scuderia_Ferrari Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    #5 Scuderia_Ferrari, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
    I actually noticed this myself the other day on AutoTrader. Out of sheer curiosity, what would the payments on something like this be? How much of a down payment?

Shame it's in need of a belt service. HUGE shame the plate holder is drilled, and doesn't even look straight. Other than that, perfect colour combo.

EDIT: Also, the shields are not factory. Hopefully they would be easily removed.

6. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Really?

Jamie, just remember that the cost of Ferrari ownership is NOT included in that payment :)

7. TCJ1965

TCJ1965 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    In Ottawa that would be Pantuso's (Wellington and Breezhill) my friends have had their F-cars done there with nothing but good things to say!

Cheers!
    Terry Jones
    Ottawa

8. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    It look like a good beginer Ferrari for someone to start from,

9. Scuderia_Ferrari

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Was this the same car that got into the accident on the 417 last year?

If I remember correctly it was a red 348 coupe with 360 wheels...

10. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    needing a belt service is a bonus, imo - much better to have your mechanic do it, and understand what's really going on in there; than have a budget minded owner having a resale-quickie done and no idea what was left undone.

the purchase price is the cheapest part of ownership - but driving your own Ferrari: priceless! 348's are great bargain's - but the maintenance costs can be the same on any of 'em; so buy right and buy what you really really want. I'd recommend having a $20k just in case cushion, in case the belt goes, or the transaxle goes. unlikely - but they do break, just like any car. Depending how much you drive, and which dealer/mechanic you select, can be $1/mile in maintenance :). If you do everything yourself, and if you drive her a lot, can be almost free/mile.

the down payment and monthly lease cost isn't nearly as relevant as the maintenance costs.

11. Scuderia_Ferrari

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I'm not that serious. For starters, it'd be my first car and only car. I probably don't have the credit, and if I did, the intrest would probably be insane. Most of all though, it would cost me my entire life, I'd have to move in with my parents, and I'd have just enough each month after insurence for gas.

But I really, really thought about it...

12. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    so? only live once :D

I was about 20yo when a 246GT was auctioned by sealed bid for a warehouse lien of some sort. Apparently my $1k bid was far short of the $20k others bid for, and the owner coughed up the debt owed. Would of been fun, living out of a 246 I couldn't afford to maintain, and probably had significant deferred work.

My wife finally wrote the cheque for my Ferrari when I was 40 - marry smart, spend wisely, and good things will come your way in time.

13. Scuderia_Ferrari

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    #13 Scuderia_Ferrari, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
    IF I could get the credit
    IF If I could find insurance that won't be more than the car payments themselves
    IF I could somehow come up with the $3,400 for the belt service

I would live in the thing. I guess I'll just have to wait a few more years 'till I can ruin my life buying an Italian car. :(

14. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If I am not mistaken, that car was written off. Aldo, the dealer said it was a trafe-in on a 911.

15. DenisC

DenisC Formula 3

Oct 11, 2009
  16. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    it'll happen, make a plan and work it! You can do a belt service for a lot less if you do it yourself - the 348 Brotherhood is strong on Fchat, check out the 348 threads for all the help you'd need. I have some pretty thorough insurance coverage on my 348, 5 months was $1,200 or so; with max discounts - you can do it for much less.

Have a great Canada Day weekend!

17. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

You can ruin your life buying an Italian car for much, much, less.....any old Fiat 124 or X19 will do the trick quite nicely.

;)

18. Scuderia_Ferrari

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Very true. I'm thinking an Alfa Spider will do the trick just fine...

My practical side says go for a late 90's MX-5 Miata or even a Porsche 928, but sometimes I think sitting on the side of the road next to a smoking Alfa with it's bonnet up is more appealing than an old Mazda.

19. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    damn - where were you 5 years ago Keith? :D

20. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    No it not Marco old 348, hey for $30,000 or best offer you can,t go wrong get it check out a Ferrari will always be a Ferrari, a fiat ?????????

21. TCJ1965

TCJ1965 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    I agree! If you can get it for $30-35,000 then it is not a bad place to start. But with none of the service records in place then a PPI is a must as well as an inspection of the valves and their condition. The salesman said it has a new clutch but will need a belt service. This is NOT Marco's car repaired, the carfax showed no collision "reported" on it. Any PPI should pick up any "non-Ferrari" body work.

Terry Jones
    Ottawa

22. mrfissa

mrfissa Karting

May 27, 2005
    I believe the car was owned by a local guy named Phillipe. He previously had a Mondial.

23. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    it even better if he a local owner ,more info.and history on the car someone can get ,

24. evansp60

evansp60 Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Ottawa, Ont. CANADA
    Yes, the car used to be Phillipe's. He bought it from Steve Maman in Mtl. A lot of the issues with the car were cleaned up by Phillipe. The car should be a good value. A proper service is going to run you more than $3500. If you add in the "add-ons" that should be done while the service is being done then your cost will rise rather quickly. More like $7500. Water pump, clutch repack, etc, etc, etc. I'd suggest you get Claudio to do the PPI. He's done at least half a dozen engines out on 348's and knows his stuff.

25. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #25 AceMaster, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
    Did Phillipe buy this from Prancing Horse in Montreal about three years ago? I looked at one about that time there, it was a Swiss car Euro-spec...I am wondering if this is the same car.