"Regular" Tires on a CS? | FerrariChat

"Regular" Tires on a CS?

Discussion in '360/430' started by THonda, Jul 6, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. THonda

THonda Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    TH
    has anyone done it before? I understand that it won't give me "max" performance but will the car be unstable with a set of tirerack max performance summer tires?

Thanks

T

2. smj113

smj113 Karting

Oct 23, 2007
    Philly Suburbs
    if you use tires with similar speed and load ratings you should be ok. The Factory tires are theoretically matched to the car, but there are plenty of good tires out there. In some cases there are better tires available than the original ones. Just be sure to pay attention to the specs.

3. spiderscott

spiderscott Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2004
    Ratarossa HQ UK
    Full Name:
    Ratarossa
    I had a new set of Goodyear Eagles on mine when I brought the car and was pointless to waste them so have used them until they need replacing, recently changed to correct rosso corsa pirelli and to be honest there is not much of a difference, the goodyears are perfectly fine, the rosso corsas are more sticky and feel better in the corners.

4. India Whiskey Charlie

India Whiskey Charlie Formula Junior

May 24, 2001
    Way Out West
    I don't know if Bridgestone makes the RE-11 in CS sizes, but I think it's a phenomenal tire this side of an R-compound.

5. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
  6. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Just put these on my 430 and so far I've been pleased.

7. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Placed Bridgestome RE 11's on my MB C63 AMG and a friend also placed them on his F430. Best performance tire that I've ever had. When the Michelin Pilot Sport 2's wear out on my F355 I will surely replace them with the RE11's. If you look at the tire rack ratings RE 11's are the best performing tire in Ultra High Performance Summer category. michellin PS2's are in the "lower" max performance summer tires category. The RE11's have better grip rating, better tread wear, and are cheaper than comparable Michelin, and Pirelli choices. If you want best Dry performing tires and cost and tread wear is not a consideration, R compounds are hard to beat. However, if you want the best tire in most categories suitable for street to track use, RE 11's cannot be beat!

8. dfwerdoc

dfwerdoc Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2009
    the re-11's come in a 285/35/19 but the corresponding front tire is a 235/35/19 and that apparently needs at least an 8 inch front wheel width. our cs oem front wheel is 7.5 inches. has anyone used a 235 on a 7.5 wheel and have any issues?

9. THonda

THonda Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    TH
    I am thinking of the Continental ExtremeContact dw. It had the best reviews, the two tires mentioned above does not have cs sizes.

10. Periokid

Periokid Karting

Oct 19, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    David
    I put those on my 430 if you want to see them and test drive it. No complaints from me. Great deal and great tires.

11. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Pretty sure they will fit. 430 standard front is 225/35/19 and I went with the 235. F of Ft Laud did the installation and they didn't express any reservations doing so.

Check some old threads.

12. THonda

THonda Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    TH
    got to meet up soon!

13. Periokid

Periokid Karting

Oct 19, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    David
    Definitely!

14. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I just noticed that my CS had 235/35 Rosso Corsa on the stock front rims. I think that was the scud size IIRC, so a prior owner must have gone up 10mm in front when they replaced the original tires. They obviously fit!

I ordered RE-11 in 235/35 front and 285/35 rear to replace the current same sizes on the car in the Rosso Corsa.

15. Mattyrae

Mattyrae Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2011
    You had "Red" tires on your CS? :) Think you meant Pzero Corsa. :)

16. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    My 2 cents worth ...

Tires are probably one of the most important elements on the car and I always buy the best I can get, no matter what the car. That small contact patch is the only thing between you and that ditch or a very big accident, possibly fatality! On a low mileage track day special like the CS I cannot see why you'd actually want to skimp out on one of the most vital ingredients (the track dedicated tires). You'd be better skimping out on that extra glaze polish or valet...

17. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Other thing which may have effected the stock Pirelli's is the number of heat cycles. F430GT claims that they are well past their sell by date after just 48 heat cycles. Perhaps they'd gone off? I've never been a big fan of Goodyear Eagles. One of the only tires that I've actually spun a mid engined car on. The break away was horrible.

Perhaps try RE-11's?

18. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    I have 245/35/19 on my CS and they fit. Took advise from 430GT who recommended a little more rubber up front for heavy track use. Turn in is excellent but that could be just because those tires are simply awesome.

19. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    I doubt they would be unstable but it depends a bit on your definition of unstable

the stock tires are awesome but damn they do wear out quickly

For a while the stradale tires were hard to find and the dealers were recommending the corsa system tires although I have not tried them personally

20. F1.360.LOVER

F1.360.LOVER Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nate
    I just had Pzero Corsas 235/35/19 put on my front CS wheels. No issues so far.

Nate