Lancia Delta Integrale Evo III | FerrariChat

Lancia Delta Integrale Evo III

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by masermartin, Mar 27, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. masermartin

masermartin Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Full Name:
    Martin
    This maybe difficult. What is a car like that worth in the United States if it is "legal" to drive on the road?

I know that they aren't too expensive in Italy, but being that it somehow can make a trip to the US, it must add "value" aka expense.

2. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Great question Martin. I saw one here in NY on the Parkway-it was red and had either Vermont or New Hampshire plates on it. Followed it for a few miles but I had to exit. Always wondered about the EPA/DOT expense. The cars themselves are not outrageously expensive.

Can anyone here on the board chime in with a ballpark cost?

3. masermartin

Apr 18, 2004
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Well, that makes two now that I am aware of. The one in question is yellow and in Chicago.

4. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    As I mentioned in the other thread, there was never an EVO3 from the factory. Some countries re-branded it as an EVO3 but its really an 8v cat Evo1.

5. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    Actually is a bit more complicated than that. It is true that there were only 2 16v Evos, and that the other one was an 8v version.

The problem is that at the time the EVO II was introduced, the car was not legal on some countries and in those and Lancia introduced an Evo8vkat, that was called in those places the EVO 2. So you have 16v and 8v EVO 2 cars, depending on the market.

Some call EVO 3 to the last evolution of the 16v and some call it to the 8v version.

So if you want to know which one you are purchasing, ask the owner and check the documentation as well as the car before you get a surprise.

This site is from the Lancia Club in Spain The link is to FAQ page about the Delta Integrale in Spanish, but it is full of useful information on these cars. If you don't know Spanish, the links section has plenty of links to sites in Italian, English and German.

- Julio.

6. masermartin

Apr 18, 2004
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Thanks for the info.

7. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
    There was a NY registered 8V for sale a few months ago. I've also seen one on Texas plates in boston a few years ago. There's a Thema 8.32 here in Chicago that I've seen a few times.

8. PlayersMarkus

PlayersMarkus Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    I'm trying to get one in the US for a long time. I used to own an EVO 16V in Europe and it was more fun than any other other car I ever drove...and I have been in many cars.

An Evo 16V in the Rockies...what would I give for this ;O) Even better...the Martini Special Edition with Holzer kit...

9. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    When I was living in California I tried to get my Integrale in the USA. It was absolutely imposible in California.

Mine was a white 16v non kat, but even the kat version will be a lot of trouble.

- Julio.

10. Displacement

Displacement Rookie

May 3, 2006
    Where do these US reg cars go on sale? I'm not sure if I'd get an Integrale, but something rare and imported would be great as a second or third car.

Do they pop up on ebay now and again? Somehow I doubt I'll find one in autotrader

11. 105Alfa

105Alfa Karting

Feb 12, 2006
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Ronan
    There are several Deltas in the United States. How they're legal, I don't know, but they're here.

12. Aleo

Aleo Rookie

Oct 8, 2006
    Hi,

The Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evo III has NEVER existed.
    You only have :
    - 16V (200 bhp)
    - Evo I (210 bhp)
    - and finally Evo II (catalytic converter, 215 bhp).

N.B : For some markets (Switzerland for instance), Lancia sold models equipped with a 8V engine (kat) producing 177 bhp. In some markets (Germany), the latests models (Evo II) were called "Sedici" as well.

Here is a very interesting link relating the story of the Lancia Delta HF Integrale (limited editions) : http://www.autoitalie.com/viewtopic.php?t=67

Cheers

13. masermartin

Apr 18, 2004
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Thanks for the info and link.

14. Aleo

Aleo Rookie

Oct 8, 2006
    You're welcome !

15. dimitrisfeel

dimitrisfeel Rookie

Aug 7, 2010
    GREECE
    Full Name:
    Dimitris Kountouris
    hi there to all guys. my name is Dimitris and i am from greece
    i would like to inform you that you are wrong about about LANCIA INTEGRALE EVO III.
    check this out. http://www.tonyerker.info/html/lancia_viola.html
    Mggiora's VIOLA integralle was the last evo that was on the streets.
    2 cars in total.They are genuine Maggiora's prototypes and cost over 100.000 euros or $130.000.
    all of them had the same color (viola) and all of them had the signature of Maggiora.

Maggiora can be contacted at:

MAGGIORA s.r.l.
    Via Vittime del Vajont
    18 - 10024 Moncalieri (To)
    Italia
    Tel. +39-11-461.78.00
    Fax. +39-11-647.24.79

http://www.carandclassic.com/car/C124858/

16. yellowtr

yellowtr Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Peter
    From what I understand one of the very first Integrale's in the US is actually registered as a Lancia Beta as it was and still is very difficult to get an Integrale into the UK.

They are fabulous cars, but having run an Evo 1 and the 2nd generation Lancia Delta HPE HF (2WD drive, same engine) I can confirm running my Testarossa is way way cheaper. After 12yrs of ownership both Lancia's will be up for sale soon :(

17. ivo73

ivo73 F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Mar 3, 2005
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Ivo Pucci
    Dear all,

i worked here in Switzerland many years on these cars,since the beginning to be correct.
    Here in Switzerland the first Integrales had all 8V engine's with Kat.
    Then as the other countries received the Evo cars with 16 V engines(still without Kat !),
    we here in Switzerland,received this Evo with still the 8 V car - named by us in Switzerland as "EVO 2" (fitted with 15" wheels).
    As then the 16V engine arrived with Kat ,the Evo was named here in Switzerland as "EVO 3 " (16" wheels,and from that point all special version's arrived also here...Gialla,Blu Lagos ,etc..).

hope that helps to understand why some say Evo 3 etc..

regards
    Ivo

18. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #18 F1tommy, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is a photo of the Evo that started this thread. It is still in Chicago as far as I know, with under 10,000 kilometers on it.

Tom Tanner/Scale Designs/Ferrari Expo 2011-Chicago April 2011
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    I bet there are over 20 in the US.

2 factory rallycars on display in Vegas, a couple other rallycars imported by RoadSport (Ron Norton and Andy Smith), Jeff Denmeade, Mark Everett (the red one w/ VT tags spotted by classic308 in 2006 post above), another that shows at Maine Forest Rally, one in Baltimore MD, one a diplomat imported to DC and sold when leaving I considered buying, yellow in Chicago and I've seen at least 10 Craigs list ads including another in DC/MD suburbs.

Probably more in Canada than US due to less stringent old car rules. Chuck Story has one in Ontario.

20. PlayersMarkus

PlayersMarkus Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    I'm not sure if you can count the rally cars as Lancia's on US streets ;O). But I still agree with you that there is about 20, but not many more in the US.

In addition to your list:
    I know one in Houston, 2 Evos and one 16V in San Francisco, One in Miami, and 3 in Denver. 2 of the 3 in Denver are mine ;O).

Actually, if I think about it, there might be less than 20, I'm monitoring the scene for years and really haven't seen many more pop up lately....

21. PlayersMarkus

PlayersMarkus Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Yep, nice ones, but looks like Canada license plate. And they are not Evos ;O). I posted this in the other thread, but I only know of 4, maybe 5 US registered Evo's...

Btw, the Evo 3 actually exists, sort of: Maggiore built one prototype only to convince Lancia to keep the production going. This car had violet paint, 240 horse and other mods. It was actually on sale a while ago for about 80k Euros...the only true Evo 3 :O)

22. PlayersMarkus

PlayersMarkus Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    #23 PlayersMarkus, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. xilly

xilly Rookie

Jun 18, 2010
    Port Washington, NY
    Full Name:
    William
    5 years later :), this must be the first EVO legally imported in the US (25 years)

[​IMG]

william

24. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    I would love to purchase one of those! What a great car. Growing up in Europe in the late 80s and early 90s we used to see them on the streets all the time. It's hard to appreciate them unless you've see them in person or even better.. drove them. I remember the engine noise coming out of the exhaust was intoxicating!!!