Differences between 2010, 2011 and 2012 458 | FerrariChat

Differences between 2010, 2011 and 2012 458

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by durrow, Jul 12, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. durrow

durrow Rookie

Jul 6, 2011
    Austin, Texas
    I was hoping someone could point me to a change list of sorts, if one exists, on the differences between each year of the 458 model.

I assume one exists?

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I don't believe there are any changes in 2010/2011. Those of us who have 2012's on order haven't been told of any major changes.

Ferrari always updates the software and components and fixes issues from what it sees happening in the field. Many of these are put into production and then retro-fitted or installed on older cars in campaigns. These campaigns are usually done the next time the car comes in for service.

The biggest difference we have heard about 2012 is the "free 7 year service" plan. However, it's not officially been announced in the US. The general understanding is that the price of the car is going up but this plan will pay for things like oil and filter changes. Again, it's still speculation as it hasn't been formally announced.

3. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The available full sized speedo in the left screen is one difference. Not sure what markets get it though.

4. raclaims

raclaims Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2007
    Northern NJ
    Come on Mark! Stop rubbing it in!!

5. hotsauce

hotsauce Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2011
    around
    you can make it full size on the right by just holding down the Back/View button on the right side where the audio controls are.

6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    You should make a separate thread telling about this. Many people want to know!

7. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Yes - but then you lose your satnav. The new cars can have LH speedo and RH satnav - kinda handy.

8. fuse

fuse Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    There is definitely times when I wished I had the left hand speedo…for both music info on a long trip and nav. I want to big numbers to remind me to slow down. I have been told that it is a software update, I am looking into getting it upgraded for my MY11. I hope it’s possible.

It’s too easy to be cruising well above speed limit and not notice at all, even in auto mode.

9. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    My new 458 won't do it and the dealer told Ferrari doesn't know anything about it.

10. origo

origo Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2007
    In my garage
    Full Name:
    Kjell I.
    What is new for 2011 model is the HELE-system, anyway an option for the European market.

11. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    #11 Trax, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
    Tell you one thing (and I'm not alone in thinking this) - my first 458 felt faster than my second one

I keep wondering if they had to change the software slightly to reduce the emissions on testing