Governing Australia,the future. | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Governing Australia,the future.

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Arvin Grajau, Jun 17, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Best way to Govern Australia into the future.

1. military take over.

2. GG Bryce becomes our Queen

3. let the Chinese take over

4. banks set up a government

5. give it back to the Poms

6. CAMS form government

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    No one is under estimating anything mate, I was just passing on what the big dogs said. In their statement, they never mentioned they were the biggest employer in Australia. They have been branded a big polluter, but they are also a big employer was their words.

Small manufacturing business are the biggest employers and overall probably the biggest polluters overall. But it dont work like that, does it? One big company, one big smog bill. :D

Overall, mining employees next to no one compared to the many thousands of small businesses that employ 15-40 people.

Ill tell you now, not too many people want to work in the mining game. It's a hard life and you have to live out in the middle of nowhere. I reckon 75% that work here dont want to be here. We obviously do it for the money, plain and simple. I cant think of one person here that actually loves what they do at the mines, that's how sad it is.

Plus the turnover rate in the mining gig here is crazy. And this place aint too fricken bad. Some of the really small remote FIFO mines must really cop it but they are lucky the mineral prices are so high now which would be keeping them afloat.

Zimbabwe sounds good, but I aint supporting their cricket team. :eek::eek:

2. Arvin Grajau

Arvin Grajau Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    I saw enough miners in Bali to last me a life time.
    They have a saying over there re the weather.
    3 seasons.
    1.Sun
    2.Rain
    3.Trash

3. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Don't you mean minors?

Sicko.

4. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    They aren't closing down the copper concentrator, just the smelter and the refinery (the big power users). They wil then ship the concentrate to other countries that don't have a carbon tax and strict environmental regulations... in otherwords we'll export the polution...

5. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    And just how do you suggest the government prevent people selling private business off-shore? Bet the previous owners aren't whinging... Where's all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about those owners not guaranteeing their employees jobs?

6. Kiwiboy308

Kiwiboy308 Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Clive
    This carbon tax has certainly initiated some interesting debate. The fact is, every Labour Government either local, State or Federal, has spent money faster than the mint can print it! I remember the 80s in Victoria when Cain and co were in power, selling off state assests becasue of poor money management and the same is happening here in Qld, NSW is a disaster and we knew the Labour Party were going to spend that massive surplus as soon as they got into power and they did by giving it all away. So now they have to regain some of that surplus through the carbon tax.

I know the mining and manaufacturing sectors have been trying to reduce their carbon footprint and some have done so successfully through water recycling and reduce power etc. I worked for BlueScope Steel for a number of years and saw how they did some amazing things to reduce their carbon impact but show me how to make steel any other way!!!

Too many people voted for Rudd forgetting he was just a puppet (so is Julia) hoping he would turn the old Labour around but you cant teach an old dog like the Labour Party new tricks! This Government stinks of deception and their own agenda. Its all very well sitting in the ivory towers making decisions for the country based on some loose and conflicting science. How much pollution can we make compared to the rest of the world especially China, India, the US etc? We have 22 million people and the mining and manufacturing industries employ and indirectly effect millions of us every day! And who ends up paying - the end user YOU and ME!!!

7. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    another reason why the military should takeover.

8. Dazzling

Dazzling Formula 3

Nov 18, 2010
    Adelaide
    Full Name:
    Darren
    No sorry Brett.

Services sector employs 75% of all Australians and growing

All industry (manufacturing and mining included) employs just over 20%

9. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    No need to apologise Darren, I didn't do my research, went on something I heard in the background on the ABC. I may have misinterpreted the comments.

I forgot to that there are A LOT of people in the public service, in particular Victoria. For some reason whenever Labor are in government the number of public servants increases dramatically.

10. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    listening to those commies Brettski ? :)

I reckon we get KIAI to run for office, I'd vote for him .... so long as he doesn't force us all to drive FEOHOS :D

11. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    What annoys me in Australia most we have this attitude to exempt all this nonsence,no riots,no middle east style riots/civil wars,no Northern Ireland style gorilla style fighting,just Jack.
    The military need to wake up and look at themselves.

12. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    thats all we do ,service each other,the joints rooted.

13. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    what are you trying to say Bobby ?? :confused:

14. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    Read Mao's book

15. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Yes, thankyou. :)

16. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    you should be ashamed of yourself,adding and working for a global polluter

17. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Pays the bills right?

18. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    And that's a shame really. Bit like the Aluminium, we don't do any of the value add here, we export the raw materials overseas, and then buy it back when all the value is added. Can't get my head around that one, somethings not right here. Surely we should be doing all the processing and in return employing more people and then export the finished product.

19. Dazzling

Dazzling Formula 3

Nov 18, 2010
    Adelaide
    Full Name:
    Darren
    We do need to do something different but I find it frustrating that "politics" always seems to overrule common sense and I don't care which side you are talking about, they are all cut from the same cloth.

For example the government did the right thing in relation to getting our taxation system reviewed independantly (The Henry Review) but then implemented how many of the recommendations? Two-fifths of bugger all!!

20. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    Its time the military stood up and like the French military with Charles de Gaulle put our true leader the grand statesman Johnny Howard back in control.

21. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    our military swear an oath to the ruling govt of the day, this isn't Fiji :p

22. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    And therein lies the problem - only 25% of the workforce actually PRODUCES anything; the rest are just shuffling numbers/dollars; take mining out of the equation and the fact is we PRODUCE sfa. The industrial era is over for the western world, but what is going to replace it???? Guess we'll just be 'servicing' the New World producers.

Oh and Brett I think you'll also find the last exponential increase in the commonwealth public service was in Little Johnny's day ;)

BTW, if I had any long term money to invest I reckon I'd be looking at food production - soy beans maybe? IMHO food security is going to be the BIG issue very soon, once all the hooha about carbon becomes old news.

23. kena

kena Formula 3

May 20, 2007
    Salt Ash
    Full Name:
    Ken Abrahams
    hang on there Brett. They may not be real big on the world stage but there are 2 ally smelters in the Newcastle area .(I think there may be others in Aus as well.) They produce aluminium ingots, now I don't know if it's all for export or if some are processed further in Aus.But they do employ a lot of people from the Hunter Region of NSW processing Alumina from Gladstone which uses Bauxite mined up in the Gulf country somwhere Weipa it used to be.So we do add some value to the raw product. When I worked on the construction of the Gladstone Smelter it was said to be the world's biggest when it was finished but that was a long long time ago.so I guess that has changed. But I agree with you we should add as much value as we can.

24. Modeler

Modeler F1 Veteran

May 19, 2008
    State of confusion
    Full Name:
    a.n.other
    Your little mate was already too right wing for this country.
    JH leading a council of generals would've killed this country's economy.

25. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    I'd say economics was not your strong point at school?