Question for F1 owners | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Question for F1 owners

Discussion in '348/355' started by Labman, Jun 12, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mowater

mowater Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    PM Juri, he is the man for this and from what i understand he can offer the pump as a separate part

my car has been fitted with another 12100035 part number valve
    and it is being configured. my mechanic claims it did the deed. but i will not know until i test it for a while after i pick it up

not sure what you refer to as being pricy for the pump, but perhaps you confused it with the whole f1 unit (inc. pressure accumulator and solenoids).. i got my 360 pump from daniel for $800 and the adapter was $550 i think

your car seems to MAYBE have that issue
    so my advice is:
    try sourcing a 12100035 solenoid valve from another car to test
    if it takes care of the problem, pray that Juri and his efforts end fruitful :)

until then, enjoy the car and GOOD LUCK BROTHER

2. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    #52 WATSON, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    If it is the electric motor you should have blown a fuse somewhere along the way from overheating. Juri has explained that pretty well for me in a PM that was quite detailed. It does not sound like your electric motor has done that.

Instead it seems you simply lose pressure over time and as things heat up. That would be the pump itself and not the motor that drives it. Cant buy just the pump....so here comes the 360 option.

If I recall, you are blessed to be located close to Bradan. A stop there for a pressure check of the pump and SD review of the error codes would seem to be a logical next step.

From the WSM:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
  4. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes...Bradan does all the work on my car. I will see if he can check out what you suggested. Seems like a retrofit will take a while and really don't want to give up the car in the summer. This may be a fall/winter project. Going on a really long rally Sat 7/16 to the Hamptons here on LI. Really hope I don't have major issues a there will be plenty of stop and go traffic.

5. Philippe

Philippe Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Brussels, Belgium
    On my 1999 355 F1, I have an original F shield protecting the pump (near the left exhaust pipe). Can post picture if needed.

6. mimo alking

mimo alking Rookie

Aug 6, 2010
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mimo
    hi ,,,
    i am planning to buy F355 with F1, i was looking for manual but i didnt find a clean one !
    i found low milage spider F1, but i am worrying about the problems on the F1 ! is that bad to be a reason not to go for that car ? and how much is the F1 pump for F355 and 360 ?

many thanks

7. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    Please don't open that door ;)

The F1 owners will tell you they are great, the manual guys will tell you to avoid the flappy paddles and the non-owners will tell you to buy a car for $35K and not a penny more.

8. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

We have the 360 F1 pump and Hill Engineering F355 "retrofit kit" to allow the pump to work in the F355. The two pieces together are less than $1200.

9. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    If I don't sell the car I may do this. Had the issue again the other day. After driving around town the other day, it happened again. Trying to pull her into my garage and trouble getting it into reverse. Had to shut her down and start up again to get into reverse. F1 light flashing the whole time. Getting sick of these issues to tell you the truth. Seriously considering "upgrading" to a 360 as I heard they are bulletproof. I have upgrading in quotes because I really don't consider it an upgrade as the 355 is, in my opinion, a nicer design as well as being iconic. But the 360 is still gorgeous with I'm sure a set of it's own issues, but nothing like these I have with my 355.

When will the bleeding stop?

10. mimo alking

mimo alking Rookie

Aug 6, 2010
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mimo
    thank you guys, just hope for me to finish the deal !

11. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thought for sure I was going to get beat up for this post. Not one reply. I'm wondering if its because most other 355 owners feel the same.

12. mimo alking

mimo alking Rookie

Aug 6, 2010
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mimo
    Hi,,,

Please could you tell me whether juri's relay and ricambi america relay are the same ?

I mean both can be fitted with original F355 pump ? Or one for F355 pump and the other is for 360 pump which is can be fitted using the adaptor ?

Regards

13. mimo alking

mimo alking Rookie

Aug 6, 2010
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mimo
    Hi,,,

As you stated that 50 amp relay does not match the 30 amp, any advice how to fit it ? And are recambi America and juri's relays are the same ? And are they both can be fitted on either original F355 motor or 360 pump with adaptor ?

Thanks