New family truckster - '11 Cadillac Escalade vs '11 Lincoln Navigator? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New family truckster - '11 Cadillac Escalade vs '11 Lincoln Navigator?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Valenzo, Jul 15, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    gmast,

What size wheel do you have? Many that i'm seeing have 22" and although they look best in the wheel arches i'm not sure they are best for comfort or towing>?

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #27 Wade, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    She'll love it, no doubt about that!

Eventually, when it's time for ours to go the BVLGARI clock will go from dash to desk. :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Escalade hands down.
    Significantly better performer,better handling and brakes,rides much better also.

4. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    how cool is that.

5. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    I do have the 22s. When I first bought the car it was equipped with the stock 18s. It rode a little better because the side wall was much thicker. I wanted the 22 look so I had the dealer put on the bigger wheels. I didn't keep the other set so I cannot compare the ride and towing capabilities within the 2 sizes thoroughly. Because your wife said she thought the overall look was flashy, buy a truck with the 22s and then buy a smaller set of wheels and tires. I have found that some buyers only want the truck with 22s. They are a seriously sought after option. Mainly because they are expensive and partly because the trucks age better with them. Take a look at an 06 type body with bigger wheels, you will see what I mean. I haven't had problems towing with the bigger wheels but I it is harder on the brakes to a certain point. Stopping any vehicle with larger rims always plays a role in extra brake wear. How much extra I don't know. But I have 45k miles on mine with half pad life left.

I am planning on buying a different set this winter. So far the salt hasn't had any affect on the rims, but within another winter or two I can see it happening. Tires and wheels really aren't all that expensive when you consider what type of vehicle they are going on.

Like I said, buy one with the optioned wheels and then buy another set of shoes for it.

6. Waldoonay

Waldoonay Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2007
    Ottawa/Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Walid Z
    I have an 07 Yukon XL SLT. Same options as a Denali (minus wood steering wheel and more fake wood bits). I opted for this over the denali because of the smaller engine, it uses a little less gas while still being powerful enough. Inside it is close enough to a Cadillac imho. The interior is basically the same, although mine has 6 captains chairs as I have no use for a rear bench. Also 10k cheaper than an Escalade.

When the time comes to upgrade I'm going to look at these Denali Hybrids, they seem pretty good. If only they made an XL version.

7. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    The current model is obviously better than the previous one, however, if you need one more recommendation...

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/09q3/david_e._davis_jr._a_couple_of_car_investments_i_d_like_to_do_over_-column

8. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    The Navigator (and all Lincolns for that matter) looks like it is wearing braces.

Go with the Escalade.